NEWS

ETA on Errata

• 119 Replies

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-24-13/1130:07> »
I think you may have unrealistic expectations of the size of the print RPG market...

Noble Drake

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-24-13/1134:11> »
15,000 copies? That's not enough to pay for jack or squat. Is CGL going to be around long enough to put out errata?
You are kidding, right?

15,000 copies of a gaming book is a pretty standard print run... and many gaming products with that size of run never see a reprint.

...and let's not forget that those 15,000 copies sales are supplemented by PDF sales, of which there seem to be many.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <09-24-13/1136:18> »
Including the Limited Editions, we're talking 1m gross income and that's excluding PDF sales. Not that bad, really.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <09-24-13/1206:21> »
Crunch, Noble Drake:  ;D If my expectations are unrealistic, what does that say about CGL going back to print so soon?

Hey, over a million gross, that's pretty good for an RPG with a year long marketing push, no (real) D&D to compete with, and a coinciding video game release. You could run a company for a decade or more with that kind of dough.  :-X

Anyway, back on topic: any ETA on the errata?

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-24-13/1216:39> »
Crunch, Noble Drake:  ;D If my expectations are unrealistic, what does that say about CGL going back to print so soon?

Hey, over a million gross, that's pretty good for an RPG with a year long marketing push, no (real) D&D to compete with, and a coinciding video game release. You could run a company for a decade or more with that kind of dough.  :-X

Anyway, back on topic: any ETA on the errata?

It means that they've had a remarkably succesful flagship release?

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <09-24-13/1219:46> »
They have certainly worked the numbers to make it look that way.

Zar

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <09-27-13/0837:21> »
I have to say that I feel Dangersaurus is partly correct in this instance.  If they sold out of their first printing before even the release date then they didn't print enough.  Hopefully it's because they knew there would be a lot of errata so they correct them for the next printing.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #22 on: <09-27-13/0848:23> »
Sounds more like a "holy crap that's a lot of people buying this wth?! O_O what do you mean we're beating the shop-records and we sold out of the mayan limited edition in a flash, seriously this is the best sales we've ever had, good lord nobody expected this, we thought we'd have to be careful so as to not get stuck with excessive supplies that we need to pay storage costs for!"
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-27-13/1111:49> »
I think the proportion of online orders may also have surprised them. There are still copies on store shelves in a lot of places.

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <09-27-13/1203:53> »
Hey, even if it's a problem it's a nice problem to have.

Anyway... back on topic: any ETA on the errata?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #25 on: <09-27-13/2038:16> »
Hey, even if it's a problem it's a nice problem to have.

Anyway... back on topic: any ETA on the errata?

no
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Jesentra

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <09-28-13/2204:36> »
Hopefully soon. Want to run a campaign with some buddies in the next month or so, and it'd be handy to have!

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-29-13/0026:02> »
Sure would!

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #28 on: <10-14-13/2147:32> »
I'm not sure what silence your seeing. There's the Hotpatch Errata, the Errata and the FAQ thread here all of which contain communication from the devs.

I'd love to have the Errata out, but I've seen anything but silence on the subject from the Catalyst people.

I was looking around and could not find the posts in the thread. the only ones I found where from Aron and in his signature it says that his answers are not official and could be wrong. Are the posts you are referring to his? am I looking in the wrong area?

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-14-13/2152:58> »
I'm not sure what silence your seeing. There's the Hotpatch Errata, the Errata and the FAQ thread here all of which contain communication from the devs.

I'd love to have the Errata out, but I've seen anything but silence on the subject from the Catalyst people.

I was looking around and could not find the posts in the thread. the only ones I found where from Aron and in his signature it says that his answers are not official and could be wrong. Are the posts you are referring to his? am I looking in the wrong area?

Red

The hotpatch errata is in the missions area of the board. Aaron's answers aren't word of god, but he is on the rules team and (while I don't like some of his answers personally) they are in fact communication from the devs. Bull has also commented on multiple issues in multiple places, as have several of the freelancers who worked on various issues.