NEWS

ETA on Errata

• 119 Replies

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« on: <09-15-13/2155:39> »
The hot patch errata is great, but is there any estimate on when an official errata document will hit?
« Last Edit: <09-15-13/2201:04> by Dangersaurus »

ambarmetta

• Newb
  • plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-13/0237:50> »
I second this request.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-13/0901:22> »
This would be nice, at least a V1.0 of said errata to catch the stuff that was completely left out of the book.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-17-13/0710:46> »
...or even a version 0.9 :p

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-17-13/0921:22> »
I suspect that we won't see the official errata document until the print copy is out and people have had a chance to peruse it for printing errors. While theoretically the Print version should be identical to the layout version and the PDF, there's always a chance for an old fashion misprint that would need to be included. Remember that we're still a week out from the street date of the non limited edition.

ambarmetta

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-17-13/1112:16> »
Actually the Hardcover edition is in my hands (standard).  I have the Mayan limited here.  The errors remain the same, and there is a lot of silence (probably due to demand and various other events Catalyst needs to be at, unfortunately)...I just wish there was more responsiveness from SR's devs. 

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-17-13/1127:31> »
I'm not sure what silence your seeing. There's the Hotpatch Errata, the Errata and the FAQ thread here all of which contain communication from the devs.

I'd love to have the Errata out, but I've seen anything but silence on the subject from the Catalyst people.

ambarmetta

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-17-13/1139:48> »
Crunch:  Thinking over the situation, you may be right.  Perhaps I'm expecting a bit much from Catalyst on the developer side of things with their other priorities, although I am also limited in my understanding of how everything came together to come up with the book in the first place.

Hotpatch errata, going to have to go look at that again, honestly.  As far as "errata" goes, my understanding is that Aaron and Bull and the like (correct me guys, seriously, I haven't seen bull in some time) aren't providing the official word here except in some cases.  Just their understanding and interpretation.

I want something along the lines of what was in the second edition hardcover I bought used (second edition/1st still has the most effective draw for me, something 3rd and 4th lost touch with, at least as far as SR's setting goes--5th finally gives it a run for its money, but I digress)...to bring this back around:

Replace silence with lack of official Errata updates--PDF has been out for some time now.  What I mean is, why hasn't the FAQ page on the Shadowrun Tabletop site changed from "Coming soon"?  It will eventually, I know that.  And perhaps it's my lack of knowledge of how this book came together, etc.

It may also be (and probably the more likely reason) is that I am associating another issues (lack of shipping status updates or even responses, binding issues on the standard hard cover preorder I received yesterday) with the lack of official errata.  As I mentioned in another post, I'll keep my mouth shut on the matter.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-17-13/1216:44> »
The street date for the hardcover isn't until the last week of September, the PDF has been out for about a month. The older editions usually had a wait period of months if not years before any errata was issued.

Oh and Bull's last post was at 8:33 this morning.

I'm as eager for errata as the next person (actually probably more so), but I think decrying Catalyst's silence two weeks before the book is even in stores is a bit much.

ambarmetta

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <09-17-13/1939:43> »
Noted.

celena til reth raen

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <09-24-13/0411:32> »
I am fine with new books getting in, but we all have a urgent need of an errata.Sure I prefer you to take the necessary time to do it rather than having to errata the errata... But the lack of any ETA makes my table feel wwe have been stolen. So far impossible to play.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-24-13/0940:35> »
Given that they're now planning the second printing of the core book...hopefully the errata will be finalized and published soon.

martinchaen

« Reply #12 on: <09-24-13/1058:08> »
AJCarrington; Source?

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <09-24-13/1104:50> »
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/blog/

They sold out the first printing before launch. Whether, or how much of, the errata would be included isn't mentioned. Personally my bet is that this will simply be a second run of the same book, sending it back to editing and layout would probably significantly delay to the second run.

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <09-24-13/1127:56> »
15,000 copies? That's not enough to pay for jack or squat. Is CGL going to be around long enough to put out errata?