NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #705 on: <04-10-17/0828:01> »
Welcome TA and knppel! Have fun looking around, asking questions, and being a nuisance to Can Ray and Bull!

Just watch out for the wendigo over in the Fan Fiction area. We lost a couple of good moderators trying to clean up the slash fic it was writing...

Raphael diSanto

• Newb
  • Dum vivmus, vivamus.....
« Reply #706 on: <04-10-17/1321:37> »
Hoi, all!

New to the boards, not the SR. Like, I suspect many people here, I first found SR with 2nd in the early 90s. I used to be an artist, and I was asked to draw some character portraits for some friends who were runners. I said "Sure, let me look at the source books to get a feel for the world" and the more I read the more I was hooked. I rolled my first ever char, a native american sword-wielding Street Sam called Blade-Who-Walks-In-Shadows and have never looked back.

Recently got back into it after a very long haitus (Last time I played was in 2003), running a homebrew campaign for some friends who have never played before. In fact, most of them are actually pretty new to roleplaying in general. They've got a little bit of experience with D&D5e, but nothing to really write home about.

But coming back to SR has obviously rekindled my interest in the 6th world, so I went digging for info on new editions, etc etc and found this place. Right now, this particular campaign is probably going to be set in the 2050s, because I love that era, but with added wirelessness. Yeah, there's a lot of homebrew and house rules going on here. My players trust me not to screw with them, so there's a lot of decision making that they're leaving to me, for now. Mostly, they want to RP and have me tell 'em what dice to roll and when. That works for me, as a GM.

Anyway, this is getting long (I can be wordy, if left to my own devices - Show me a GM that isn't, haha) so I'll just sign off by saying hi again, and I look forward to posting, contributing and becoming a part of this community!

--Raph

p.s. I really really want to answer that CAPTCHA question with "No, I am a meat popsicle". Y'all know which one I mean, I am sure.
RdS
This is not the signature you are looking for.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #707 on: <04-11-17/0746:44> »
Welcome Raph!  Here's your multipass, you have one point left on your license, and it's an honor to meet you.

Just watch out for the dude in the corner selling weapons.

Raphael diSanto

• Newb
  • Dum vivmus, vivamus.....
« Reply #708 on: <04-11-17/0954:36> »
Welcome Raph!  Here's your multipass, you have one point left on your license, and it's an honor to meet you.

Just watch out for the dude in the corner selling weapons.
Especially if they have a little red button on the bottom of their guns....
RdS
This is not the signature you are looking for.

Kol_Saresk

• Newb
« Reply #709 on: <05-08-17/1614:28> »
Ahoy chummers! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm new to Shadowrun via Rollplay: Mirrorshades on youtube. Is there somewhere I can get caught up on current events of the Sixth World?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #710 on: <05-08-17/2106:40> »
Ahoy chummers! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm new to Shadowrun via Rollplay: Mirrorshades on youtube. Is there somewhere I can get caught up on current events of the Sixth World?
Welcome! Best way is to check the threads for new history and discussions of the material in the books.

Other than that, keep low, aim high, and don't trust the dwarf selling chips.

Agent_Juice

• Newb
« Reply #711 on: <08-27-17/1744:10> »
Joining a forum always makes me nervous, especially if it's been around for years. I always think I'm about to break some unspoken rule, like people are going to jump all over me if I do something like accidentally bump a thread that's been dead for years, make some boneheaded mistake that everyone is sick of, and I just- wait, hang on a sec-

Personafix mode! Hello, fellow coworker, I am AGENT JUICE. I enjoy REGION and COMPANY NAME. Did you see SPORTS DATABANK ERROR last night? It was COMMENT. I look forward to 70% DOWNLOADING.

Ahh, much better.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #712 on: <08-27-17/2153:41> »
Joining a forum always makes me nervous, especially if it's been around for years. I always think I'm about to break some unspoken rule, like people are going to jump all over me if I do something like accidentally bump a thread that's been dead for years, make some boneheaded mistake that everyone is sick of, and I just- wait, hang on a sec-

Personafix mode! Hello, fellow coworker, I am AGENT JUICE. I enjoy REGION and COMPANY NAME. Did you see SPORTS DATABANK ERROR last night? It was COMMENT. I look forward to 70% DOWNLOADING.

Ahh, much better.

Welcome <INSERT AVATAR>! We are pleased you could join us at <INSERT FORUM NAME>. Be sure to mind the <INSERT RULES> and <INSERT LAME DRAGON JOKE>!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #713 on: <08-27-17/2326:43> »
<ADD ON: LAME CANADIAN JOKE AT CANRAY'S EXPENSE>
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

MissRachou

• Newb
« Reply #714 on: <09-15-17/0933:51> »
Hi!

I am quiet new in shadworun world (few months). My lovely boyfriend Dm for me a Solo campaign.  I began to be more familiar with the game. But wondering a lot on many subjects. I have become little addict to Shadowrun...

I will be pleased to discuss with you about the game! I have plenty box of questions in my head. Or may be just chat a little about my current game  8)

By the way.. sorry for my english is not my first langage...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #715 on: <09-16-17/0624:38> »
Welcome! Feel free to ask away or to tell us all about your adventures! Just beware the dragon in the corner, he's a bit upset after his loss on the stock market and has been listening to elven emo bands all night.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #716 on: <09-16-17/1337:00> »
Welcome! Feel free to ask away or to tell us all about your adventures! Just beware the dragon in the corner, he's a bit upset after his loss on the stock market and has been listening to elven emo bands all night.

Are you sure this dragon is a 'he'?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #717 on: <09-16-17/1818:54> »
I am, yes.

.... stupid NeoNET ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Tassyr

• Chummer
« Reply #718 on: <09-17-17/0022:57> »
Okay, I know I missed a reference, but what was it this time?
"There's a reason Johnsons are named what they are. They'll try and fuck you at some point, no doubt about it." -Camulus

GhostGirl

• Newb
  • Do you believe in ghosts?
« Reply #719 on: <09-17-17/0124:07> »
Are you sure this dragon is a 'he'?

We respect everyone's gender choices whether human, metahuman, or dragon.

LGBTQMD?
"The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."--Baudelaire