NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #330 on: <03-29-12/1203:09> »
I`d be gratefull. (just a quick question: I thought that this kind of "Threat" ,ghouls, Vampires etc,  weren`t present in Earthdawn...but on the other side, I can see a lot of seeds planted in that age...and a lot of evil gardeners also)...and there are always immortality seeking Therans and widespread use of blood magic...
« Last Edit: <03-29-12/1205:08> by Sichr »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #331 on: <03-29-12/1218:53> »
I don't recall them, per se, in Earthdawn, but if this doesn't scream out saying, "Hi, I'm at least partially borne of the Horrors and exacerbated by some of the stupid things you ephemerals here do to your own kind!" I don't know what does.

I'll try to do more research and come up with something more concrete one of these days in my copious unstructured free time....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #332 on: <03-29-12/1251:08> »
A couple of the early novels strongly suggests that HMHVV is from the Fourth World. There is the wendigo who turned Twist's sister that basically hibernated through the fifth world, and in Nosferatu Serrin goes up against an elf Nosferatu that is several hundred years old, at least. While the elf could have been a spike baby, the virus clearly had to find him at some point, which means it was already here before the awakening, though perhaps lying dormant with the lack of magic.

Isolated instances of HMHVV outbreaks at mana spikes would also explain cultural references to vampires, werewolves (loup-garou), and the like.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #333 on: <03-29-12/1441:14> »
I thought something like that. Or those historical cases are the cases when some of eons old vampires had been recognized as a threat and taken down...stuff of legends...and those few who survived till today, like Tom Cruise, are carriers that allow the virus to spread in much friendlier background count. Scarry is, that to survive through the whole convex phase of mana cycle they would had to be terribly powerfull to maintain at least basic life functions :P

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #334 on: <03-30-12/0854:37> »

After looking at Runner's Companion, yes it seems I did indeed forget Ghouls don't have Essence Loss like the Type 1 Infected do. Oh I'm such a horrible, horrible person for not thoroughly checking the books before I make a comment about anything in the game. Whatever shall I do with myself.
Happens. Don't sweat it. My point was that it's more than just blood; didn't mean to stir things up and cause snark increases. Hope your day is improving; I know I hate it when mine go south.

"I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill."

i've always assumed that any vampires that survived the downphase of magic either bunkered down/hibernated in high background count areas, helped 'us' generate new ones (deathcamps, etc) or had sufficient power/foci/call it what you want "stuff" to maintain their powers at some tiny level with no magic in the world.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #335 on: <03-30-12/0948:34> »
CanRay! You're back!
Little bit.  When the cast and pain allows me to visit.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #336 on: <03-30-12/1040:50> »
I told you, no matter how amusing it seems, calling bikers a bunch of nancies is never a good idea.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #337 on: <03-30-12/1145:44> »
Nothing like entering an Ancients' place shouting "Here ya go, sissies! Are all your green panties at the laundry?"...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #338 on: <03-30-12/1927:09> »
I told you, no matter how amusing it seems, calling bikers a bunch of nancies is never a good idea.
Depends on the bikers in question.  Sometimes it's just hilarious to watch as they back off from your gaming group in geek shirts and denims while they're all high and tough in their leathers...

Which they don't want to scuff.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #339 on: <04-04-12/0703:10> »
Nice to see that the Upcoming Releases page has been updated on the website...quite intrigued about "The Clutch of Dragons" and "Sprawl Sites: North American".

AJC

Edit: The "Character Deck" also sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: <04-04-12/0709:39> by AJCarrington »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #340 on: <04-04-12/0723:11> »
Awesome art on that book... and the gun also looks nice :)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #341 on: <04-04-12/1039:32> »
Awesome! Hazard Pay, Clutch of Dragons, and Battle for Manhattan all sound excellent, but nothing says joy like tossing your players into a wasp's nest and watching them try to get out, so I'm looking forward to Sacrificial Limb.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #342 on: <04-04-12/1304:22> »
Actually rather intrigued with the upcoming 2050 sourcebook...another hit to the wallet... ;)

AJC

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #343 on: <04-04-12/1503:24> »
Also noticed that the FAQ has gotten a bump as well (17/2/12).
Want to see my flash new jacket?

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #344 on: <04-04-12/1550:10> »
I'm loving the idea of the 2050 sourcebook. Also looking forward to Battle for Manhattan.
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?