NEWS

Lockdown Cyber Suites

• 22 Replies

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <06-12-15/0333:04> »
Well, If you take the Evo BtH (f.E.) it costs 4.5 Essence instead of 6.5 Essence for all the seperate Pieces and it costs 275K instead of apr 220 K seperately
and since it is Cyberware you can get Alpha Suits too( no mention that you can't get a Suit as Alphaware)

if you have other Cyberware installed before it just ceases working ( the Gods know why)
AND could somebody please explain why & how Reaction Enhancer and Synaptic Booster can interact at all ?
there are a lot of unanswered questions about the Suites
I am quite astonished to hear & read about the Cybersuites. I expected them in the future Cyberwarebook....

with a surprised Dance
Medicineman
But why would you get an Alphaware cybersuite? What would you use the extra essence for?

Anyway like I said, there are some that exceed normal Essence maximums that might be useful to the rare individual runner. But for the most part that's not the case.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <06-12-15/0413:53> »
But why would you get an Alphaware cybersuite? What would you use the extra essence for?
An Awakened with an Alphasuite ( 3.6 Essence Cost) still hs 2.4 Essence left over and a Max MAG of 2

The Abu Nai Suit costs 3.5 Essence instead of 4.7 ( all Parts seperate)
an Alpha Suit is 2.8 Essence so you still have ESS 3+ left over instead of Ess 1+ without the Suit ( for appr 100 K more)
Imagine a Troll cybered Adept with Ess & MAG 3 and the Abu Nai Suite....... Awesome Combination (ImO) !

AND incompatibility means by RAW (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can't use both parts, but you can still use either or.
so you can still have  other ' ware implanted before (a Riggercontrol 2 or 3 Beta f.E. ) and  use this 'ware or you switch to the Evo BtH Suit.....

HokaHey
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <06-12-15/0415:39> by Medicineman »
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <06-12-15/0437:16> »
AND incompatibility means by RAW (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can't use both parts, but you can still use either or.
No getting around it with tricky words. ;)
Any augmentations in place at the same time as the suite, whether installed before or after the suite, cannot function as long as the suite is in place

the Gods know why
I'd assume it's a matter of going minimalist with hardwiring. Lack of redundancy means you can't just rely on multiple parts that take over if one breaks or glitches slightly. Fewer parts installed = lower essence loss. More durable parts installed = higher nuyen costs.

I'm in favour of 5e cybersuites, even if they are currently for those that want to fit more 'ware into a point or two. Maybe in Chrome Flesh we'll see stuff only cyberzombies of old could take, and the street samurai will pipe down.
« Last Edit: <06-12-15/0438:53> by Novocrane »

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <06-12-15/0457:28> »
No getting around it with tricky words.
Never wanted to do that. I just didn't know exactly !
 See , I don't have the Boston Lockdown myself (I'm weaiting for the German Version) I only have Excerpts !
OK no switching to other 'ware. Lets forget that Idea :)
Some Alpha Suites would still be  Awesome for an Adept or cybered Combat Mage....

I'm in favour of 5e cybersuites,
I am really not sure ,
to me they seem to be just a boost for NPCs because most of the suits are either tooo expensive, too restrictive (now that I know that  you can't even switch even more !) too unavailiable etc for most Chars.
Hell, to get an Alpha Abu Nai or BtH you need 1/2 Mio ¥ and a World class Cyberclinic ( best would be Delta)
out of the Reach for most Chars (ImO)
You could, If You Min/Max , use a Suite for certain Concepts , but sooner or Later someone labels you as a Powergamer just because you use that what CGL hands out( just because you want to try out a New concept or use some Synergies)...
Especially if You use a Cybersuite and suddenly Reaction Enhancer an a Synaptic booster (Cyber AND Bioware Which by RAW can't  interact ) work together and other new Bonuses that a Suite offers....

with NO Powerdance
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <06-12-15/0500:27> by Medicineman »
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-12-15/0510:22> »
Well, I withdraw any assumptions behind previous comments. ;)

I'm fairly sure cybersuites don't circumvent internal incompatibilities, either, which makes that example troublesome.

They're also not the worst thing you can offer a runner as a corporate reward or bribe - high first purchase price, low resale value, all kinds of opportunity for backdoors and tracking ...

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-12-15/0539:32> »
Well... actually isn't it a case of largest bonus takes precedence> The only place i see it is in Better than Human so... it seems like a case of rating 1 Synaptic Booster for + 1D6 Initiative and rating 3 Reaction Enhancer for +3 Reflexes.

So they're not stacking, but being used for separate, overlapping bonuses.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #21 on: <06-12-15/1042:33> »

If you do out the alpha components math, you can manage to get the same setup and stay alive, and be inside the legality code, your going to have .2 essence, and you save about 30k. If you go to the same availability as the system you can do slightly better about .7 essence though then you save only about 15k.

It's interest It comes down to how much essence you would prefer to save, and how much your willing to pay for it.

I think the suites have value, we will see what Chromeflesh does to the equation.

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <06-15-15/1049:05> »
Burnout way would work with restricted gear but as someone pointed out it easier and cheaper to buy what you wanted from the suite.
« Last Edit: <06-15-15/1522:57> by bull30548 »
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent