NEWS

Lockdown Cyber Suites

• 22 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« on: <06-10-15/1251:46> »
Are the Cyber Suites from lockdown going to be legal in Missions?
I did search this before asking, but apologize if this is the 100th time this question has been asked.
« Last Edit: <06-10-15/1310:10> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-10-15/1909:14> »
It hasn't been asked actually.. but I think most people where aware that with Data Trails coming out shortly after Lockdown, answers would come with the FAQ update for Data Trails.

That and many people have a very negative outlook on them...
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #2 on: <06-10-15/2227:38> »
now I need to look at lockdown
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-11-15/1023:11> »

Why? They Seem fine to me. I mean your never going to get everything you want in a suite, but all these are reasonable. The Very top end are cool and crazy, I doubt those are intended for PCs.
Thinking
com
speaking

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-11-15/1830:39> »

Why? They Seem fine to me. I mean your never going to get everything you want in a suite, but all these are reasonable. The Very top end are cool and crazy, I doubt those are intended for PCs.

That's my take on them as well, they're something the corps use for their own security teams, we as shadowrunners just (mis)use them... but it seems that a lot of people don't like how 'useless' they are for street sams.

To me they seem an ideal solution for someone who wants some general purpose augmentations without a heavy essence cost.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-11-15/1851:08> »
I mean Spinrad peak performance is basically everything you need on a sam,
Wired 1, reaction enhancers 2, aluminum reinforced, muscle replacement 2, eyes 3, and ears 2.
That's as good a package as any i have ever seen, yeah spendy, and it essence heavy to, but it's a very solid load out.
Thinking
com
speaking

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-11-15/1935:39> »
And let's not forget Mental Gymnasts or Front Line Mind for a decker.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #7 on: <06-11-15/2031:42> »
I think the best mitigating factor with these is that you cannot get any other cyber ware without replacing the whole package. Balances out the cost savings, in my opinion.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-12-15/0126:51> »
My interpretation of that was you could not add anything to the system. Not that you could not get any other wear, though I can certainly understand how you arrive at that conclusion. It's a point that will need to be addressed, I going based upon how suites used to work but I could easily be wrong about that in 5th.

« Last Edit: <06-12-15/0128:27> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-12-15/0129:03> »
It's pretty clear that you're unable to install any other augmentations alongside a suit.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-12-15/0139:45> »

That's my take on them as well, they're something the corps use for their own security teams, we as shadowrunners just (mis)use them... but it seems that a lot of people don't like how 'useless' they are for street sams.

To me they seem an ideal solution for someone who wants some general purpose augmentations without a heavy essence cost.
I've seen some comparisons and from what I understand you pay more in nuyen - sometimes a lot more - for a small decrease in Essence. Except, Essence cost doesn't really matter (unless it'd go over 6, which most of them don't) because you can't add anything else anyway. Not to mention that with some Alphaware mixed in you could probably get to the same cost anyway.

There are some that you might use - ones that go over 6 essence when seperated out for example - but those are hugely expensive to. By and large, this is something players will never use.

Of course, GM's have an easy way to install a bunch of 'ware now.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-12-15/0203:39> »
There's some pretty good 1 or 2 Essence packs for Awakened/Emerged characters there.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-12-15/0219:09> »
If you look at the peak performance done by component your looking at  147.5k and costs you 6.3 essence, which is .4 more then a character can lose, the suite value is  broken down it would come down to paying 47.5k for 1.3 saved essence, which saves the characters life. I think it's a decent deal.

After re-reading the section i missed the nothing else works part, as you guys pointed out, and I agree that such thing do make the low end suites non-useful. But the medium to high end seem solid to me.
Thinking
com
speaking

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-12-15/0225:19> »
If you look at the peak performance done by component your looking at  147.5k and costs you 6.3 essence, which is .4 more then a character can lose, the suite value is  broken down it would come down to paying 47.5k for 1.3 saved essence, which saves the characters life. I think it's a decent deal.

After re-reading the section i missed the nothing else works part, as you guys pointed out, and I agree that such thing do make the low end suites non-useful. But the medium to high end seem solid to me.
And nothing in there can be Alphaware'd to end up at <6 essence with nuyen left over?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <06-12-15/0238:50> »
Well, If you take the Evo BtH (f.E.) it costs 4.5 Essence instead of 6.5 Essence for all the seperate Pieces and it costs 275K instead of apr 220 K seperately
and since it is Cyberware you can get Alpha Suits too( no mention that you can't get a Suit as Alphaware)

if you have other Cyberware installed before it just ceases working ( the Gods know why)
AND could somebody please explain why & how Reaction Enhancer and Synaptic Booster can interact at all ?
there are a lot of unanswered questions about the Suites
I am quite astonished to hear & read about the Cybersuites. I expected them in the future Cyberwarebook....

with a surprised Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8