NEWS

Questions for Updated FAQ - Including all sourcebooks - June Edition

• 26 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <06-16-14/2354:42> »
Ok, we want to do another FAQ update, and so it's time to let you guys ask questions.

PLease post your questions (And ONLY your questions) below.  No speculation, no arguments, no discussion is allowed in this thread.  I will edit posts mercilessly and flat out delete posts that are not questions.  If you want to discuss something, start a new thread.  This is the only warning you get that I will do this.  I want this thread to remain a useful link for me to reference later, and 3 pages of discussion for every question does not help.

Please try and keep your questions to relevant FAQ material, and not Errata related when possible.  We'll try and deal with that elsewhere, and is more a General Shadowrun 5 thing than it is a Missions thing, and as such it's outside of my purview.

Bull

P.S.  for something that has already been answered in the FAQ, Hotpatch Errata, or Official Errata, I'll answer in thread, inline with the post, if it's something that seems like it's easily missed or confused.
« Last Edit: <06-17-14/0022:51> by Bull »

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-17-14/0004:55> »
Splat Book releases - When can they be officially used for Missions?

Already in the FAQ.  FOr PDF only products, 30 days from PDF publication.  For print releases, 30 days from the officially announced Street Date (regardless of what date the book actually ships/is delivered). -- Bull
« Last Edit: <06-17-14/0021:13> by Bull »

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <06-17-14/0724:03> »
Are the below clarifications still your view of the issues?

*Quick Healer - It only effects the player who has it.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16346.msg288642#msg288642

*Connection+Connection+Loyalty dice pool for contacts shopping for you, plus a few other clarifications; -

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=39372&st=0&p=1249714&hl=loyalty&#entry1249714
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <06-17-14/1419:36> »
Can you stack multiple skill training in the same training week, if they each only take 1 or  2 days?
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-17-14/1601:48> »
Can you save us from players using the Rain Forest Carbine?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #5 on: <06-18-14/0944:26> »
  • Does learning a new rank of a Skill Group take 1 month * New Rating or 2 Weeks * New Rating? The core rule book lists 2 different time frames.  (If it is a month, it will take forever to increase no skill groups, and very few people will ever do it. I have a character that it would hurt pretty bad, as well.)
  • Can I apply multiple GM Credits for a mod to the same character?
  • Can I apply a GM Credit and a Play credit for a mod to the same character?
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #6 on: <06-19-14/0709:49> »
  • In Run & Gun, with what does Second Skin stack?  (In Arsenal, Zoe made the Executive Suite, Heritage Line, Nightshade/Moonsilver, and Second Skin.)
  • Does the armor stack bonus count as a "+" armor item for encumbrance?
  • Are technomancers really meant to pay 30 x Grade in Karma to Submerge, or is the cost supposed to be in line with initiation?
  • May GMs literally throw the book at players who want to loot cyberware from corpses? :)
  • Are the martial art styles from Run & Gun allowed as specializations for the Unarmed skill?
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-19-14/0859:56> »
  • In Run & Gun, can Custom Fit (Stack) items (which "employs all the Custom Fit rules") stack with other Custom Fit (Stack) items, or only with regular Custom Fit items?
  • When you add on a stack bonus, does that increase the gear set's armor value itself, or does it count as a "+" bonus from armor accessories (meaning you add the stack bonus to bonuses from armor accessories when comparing your Strength to the total bonus you get)?
  • Can stim patches be used to remove Drain damage, and if so, does the new damage you get also count as Drain damage?
  • Does the +3 Drain Value from Reckless Spellcasting apply before or after the minimum Drain Value of 2 kicks in?
« Last Edit: <06-19-14/1637:57> by ZeConster »

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <06-19-14/1001:17> »
Is the below still your take on the question?

Page 116 of Run & Gun, it's one of the ammo-specific called shots.

The text of the rules mentions "base AP," but it's not clear to me exactly what goes into base AP (weapon, ammo, weapon + ammo).

Ahh.  Yeah, not sure yet, to be honest.  I haven't had the time to really go over Run & Gun, to be honest.  I'm still is serious "catch-up" mode, since I was largely MIA for several months due to health issues.  And Run & Gun is low on my priorities list, since it's not Missions Legal until Physical Street Date +30 Days.  If I get the chance, I'll take a peek in the next day or two though.

My gut reaction?  WHatever provides the lowest overall -AP.  But that's because I'm a bastard GM who likes to stick kit to his players ;)
#thistasergoesto11

ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <06-20-14/0703:50> »
Found the below on Dumpshock:

For any power that Boosts or Increases a skill or an attribute, either permanently or temporarily, any dice pool based on that magically boosted skill or attribute gets a penalty.  This includes boosts through spells and foci.

For Improved Reflexes, this would specifically apply to any Reaction based dice pools, since your Reaction is enhanced.

However, for the moment (And this may change when the official errata is released), since Initiative is not a Dice Pool, it is not effected by the penalty.

Any tests to "cast" or "activate" the ability (Such as with Attribute Boost) would be affected, as are any drain tests.

Plus keep in mind, penalty or not, if you end up in a Void or Flux (BGC 13+), you WILL take damage each turn if you have any magical effect active.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?act=findpost&hl=&pid=1252344

Also, re: mystic adepts:
You cannot buy any additional Power Points directly with karma after Chargen.  You must Initiate and take the Power Point metamagic option to gain any addition PP's.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?act=findpost&hl=&pid=1252233

And another:
Pure Adepts:  Get Magic Rating = Power Points inlcuding magic points bought after chargen, plus can take extra Power Points instead of initiation.  So an Initate Grade 1 who took the Power Point with 7 Magic ends up with 8 Power Points.

Mystic Adepts:  Do not automatically get any Power Points.  At Chargen they may purchase them for 5 karma each.  After Chargen, the only way they get them is to initiate and take the power point.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?act=findpost&hl=&pid=1252064
« Last Edit: <06-20-14/0711:04> by tequila »
#thistasergoesto11

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <06-20-14/0716:05> »
RE: Used Cyberware & Implanted Decks (typed that with the wrong vowel the first time ;))

There are two costs for implanted cyberdeck.  The deck itself, and the cyberware (Which is added to the decks price). You get the discount off the cyberware portion only. 

Not arguing this anymore.  if you're not playing Missions, do it however you like regardless of how the errata and faq come out for it.  But for Missions, that's the ruling.  Roll with it, please :)

Bull

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?act=findpost&hl=&pid=1251959

« Last Edit: <06-20-14/1439:01> by Bull »
#thistasergoesto11

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <06-20-14/0846:49> »
Will RG2: TARGET SIZE MODIFIERS, Run & Gun p108, be used?
#thistasergoesto11

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <06-21-14/1655:22> »
From Sail Away Sweet Sister: Personalized Grip

How much does it cost, what is its availability, and what slot (p50 Run & Gun) does it take if any?
#thistasergoesto11

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <06-27-14/1755:40> »
Will SRM use the rules from Run & Gun, p143, Fixin' All The Broken Drek?

During character creation, does a martial art style or technique cost the same as listed on p128 under Learning  Martial Arts?
#thistasergoesto11

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <06-28-14/1103:32> »
Can non-Mystic Adepts Initiate?  The way page 2 of the Errata under "MAGICAL SKILLS CLARIFICATION
(P. 142, MAGICAL SKILLS)" is worded it prevents them from getting the Arcana skill which is a requirement for Initiating.
#thistasergoesto11