NEWS

Whats Up in Walla Walla?

• 4 Replies

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« on: <04-03-11/1632:25> »
Anyone know the status of south-east Washington? I Was thinking of starting a campaign in walla walla (I live there). is it part of the elven territory? are humans allowed? was thinking it would be cool to do a guerella war against the elves to take back the town.mapghv

Abstruse

« Reply #1 on: <04-03-11/1749:35> »
First off, I want to say how silly I felt typing "walla walla wa" into Google Maps to find out exactly where it is.  No offense intended, but yeesh!

Walla Walla is as of 2071 in Salish-Shidhe Council territory, near but not on the border with Tir Tairngire (the border appears to be I-84).  There's a fairly good summary write-up in Sixth World Almanac, but the Cliff's Notes version is that it's not so much a nation but a collection of nation-states.  There is a governing council which creates federal laws, but each individual tribe is more or less self-governing with its own set of laws.  So laws and enforcement can change drastically within just a few miles.  It's also very accepting of metahumans and those affected by SURGE, becoming a sanctuary during persecution of those two groups.  AR is spotty outside major cities, and the shadow community is thin due to the lack of a lot of corporate interests in the country (Seattle is in the middle of Salish-Shidhe, so it's more of the hub of shadow activity for the area).  Bellingham is the capital and Vancouver apparently has a small but active shadow community.

I'd have to dig up my old Native American Nations book for more info, but it doesn't look like there's a lot of canon info on Walla Walla.  Which means you can make it whatever you want it to be pretty much.

DesVoeux

• Newb
  • Accipe Hoc
« Reply #2 on: <04-03-11/1808:41> »
As Adbtruse pointed out, Walla Walla lies in the Salish-Shide Council near the border with Tir Tairngire.

Shadows of North America only gives the a vague territories of five major tribes, none of which seem to include Walla Walla. Sixth World Almanac barely mentions tribal regions at all, but Hell's Canyon (the nearest landmark mentioned) is within Nez Perce territory. (A tribe known for including centaurs.)

I would suggest you just choose whatever tribe you want to control Walla Walla. The SSC has a more varied collection of tribes than any other NAN... everything from the Cascade Orks to the Tsawassen "pinkskins". Feel free to make up your own.
« Last Edit: <04-04-11/1425:34> by DesVoeux »
"No one starts a war; or rather, no one in his senses ought to do so; without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <04-03-11/2150:06> »
Loves me my Cascade Orks!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-11/0136:28> »
Boise is a city divided between two countries with a third sitting on the city limits. So that's always something to explore if you want a bit more excitement.