NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #285 on: <12-06-14/2017:25> »
Go ahead and get that started, as my next GM post will cover the hours while people are sleeping. If you're going to PM back and forth instead of doing it in the IC thread, great, just let me know.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #286 on: <12-07-14/0300:34> »
Katsina's baking efforts: 2 hits, aww yiss. Breakfast is good.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #287 on: <12-07-14/1328:46> »
Ohanzee's Assensing:
Astral Perception (looking for anything suspicious) [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 + Specifically looking 3 - Wounds 1]: 10d6t5 4
I added three dice for specifically looking but I'm not sure if it counts when I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, so feel free to subtract dice as needed.
If Ohanzee needs a stealth roll to remain hidden (basically using cover) then you'll have to roll as I don't have a value for his sneaking.

Summon Dolphin:
Summon Spirit of Water [Magic 6 + Summoning 6 + Focus 2 - Wounds 1]: 13d6t5 4
Spirit of Water Resist [Force 6]: 6d6t5 2
Drain Resist [WIL 6 + CHA 6]: 12d6t5 6
2 services, and no drain.

I'm leaving it here in case Dolphin finds a body or unwanted guests at Gloria's place. If it does not find her there, it will move on and continue the search in whatever fashion it deems best. If the place is unoccupied, Ohanzee might risk taking a look. If there are potential enemies there his next actions will depend on whether they are Awakened or not.  And so on.

ETA: I will be at a friend's house until this evening, so without a proper keyboard my posts will be brief. I might also get to find out how Orokos works on a tablet. Just FYI.
« Last Edit: <12-07-14/1332:49> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #288 on: <12-07-14/1838:39> »
Ohanzee has Sneaking 3, and is able to peek into the astral without arousing undue attention.

Gloria's house is more than Magic * 100 meters away, so this use of the Search power counts as a remote service. As such, Dolphin will return to its home metaplane once the search is complete.

In game terms, Gloria's house has a background count from recent strong emotions: love, hate, despair, anger, fear, all the heavy-hitters. The current background count is 3, although it will eventually fade if the source of the emotional disturbances is gone. Dolphin does not find Ms. Winters herself.

I will retcon my overnight post so that Sam goes to sleep in the living room. Katsina will take the master bedroom/bathroom instead. Currently Ace, Doc, and Sam are all in the living room.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #289 on: <12-07-14/2220:34> »
ok, lets talk math and dice and crap now that the IC is done...

what are the tests that i need to make to lay these 3 traps, just so i can figure out how much actual sleep Sam got last night?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #290 on: <12-07-14/2224:33> »
More technical details, do we regen a point of edge and I'm assuming all stun damage (as almost all of us get 8ish hours?).  Any Physical?  I think the first-aid and the magic healing can only be done once each right?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #291 on: <12-07-14/2320:28> »
More technical details, do we regen a point of edge and I'm assuming all stun damage (as almost all of us get 8ish hours?).  Any Physical?  I think the first-aid and the magic healing can only be done once each right?

Also, are we houseruling stun dmg healing via resting? The way it stands, you make a check every hour, buts a standard extended test, meaning you lose a die after each hour. So, for most people 8 hours of sleep is not gonna cut it unless they get up and work out for an hour in the middle to reset their dicepool. Can we just houserule that lil bit of silliness out?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #292 on: <12-08-14/0051:19> »
Sorry for being inactive most of the day, been out of the house.

@Tecumseh

Just as a heads-up; I'll be on a plane most of Tuesday and Friday, and will only be able to post later at night on Wednesday and Thursday. Tecumseh, if you need to take control of Chino for those parts to move things along, go ahead.

@Sleeping/Edge Regaining/Stun Damage

I assume with Katsina's wonderful meal, we will gain an Edge back; sleep + meal is usually it, IIRC. Also, the losing dice for healing tests also seem a little annoying to me, but any way we rule it is fine for me (well, you know, because luckily for me, Chino doesn't have any damage on either track  ;)).

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #293 on: <12-08-14/0148:30> »
Losing one die per interval doesn't seem to unrealistic to me, providing critical glitches are ignored, at least for stun heal rolls. Or at the very least, the penalty for a critical glitch be quadrupling the time for that interval. It makes sense that healing would slow down after a while and really most average people wouldn't have to heal more than a few points of stun damage and so wouldn't feel the pain of losing dice. It just seems that resting shouldn't be able to cause more damage as the critical glitch normally does.

But I'm fine either way.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #294 on: <12-08-14/0210:38> »
RE: Healing stun damage
It never occurred to me to use the -1 Extended Test rule to apply to healing stun damage. The book does call it an Extended Test but doing so does lead us to certain illogical conclusions, such as sleeping losing its effectiveness to heal after a few hours for the weak (or weak-willed). Since it's an Attribute+Attribute test (as opposed to a Attribute+Skill test that suggests some limit to ability), we will not use the -1.

For sleep of extended duration, we can use Buying Hits to save ourselves some dice work. If the recover period is short (an hour or two), rolls will be required.

Right now, you can sleep as long as you want, or until Ohanzee wakes you up.

RE: Healing physical damage
All of your physical damage has been incurred within the last few hours. As such, we will not be rolling to heal it until the end of the current day (Friday the 1st). Per the rules, the day must be spent resting. Of course you can still get up, walk around, go outside, and talk to people, but strenuously exerting yourself or incurring more damage will undermine the healing process.

Doc can use his Medicine skill to promote healing. It basically functions as a Teamwork test for the healing roll. (And, yes, Zweiblumen, first aid and healing spells may only be applied once per set of wounds, but Medicine can be applied each day.)

RE: Edge refresh
I've been debating about how frequently I want to refresh Edge. Part of the uncertainty is because I don't know if the game will continue to advance a few hours at a time or if at some point we'll be fast-forwarding through days. This, in turn, is dependent on PC decisions.

Because you are getting some solid sleep, and because everyone is doing awesome on the RP, I will say that Edge is fully refreshed right now. However, don't take this as a hard precedent. I want to keep it so that using Edge is a strategic decision, rather than, "Oh I can Edge every roll because it refreshes so frequently." So no promises on when the next refresh - full or partial - will occur.

@8-bit
No worries about not posting much on the weekend. I am not expecting daily posts then. Any progress we make on the weekend is a bonus.

@Poindexter
If you just intend simple booby traps, you have already made those rolls and succeeded. Per the rules on p. 435, the interval for that extended test is only 1 combat turn, so booby traps are relatively quick to produce (less than a minute each). If you wish to use Demolitions less as a booby trap and more as a targeted explosion to be triggered manually, that would be a simple Logic + Demolitions roll. Again, we can use the rolls you made last week. The interval for that is not provided since it is a simple roll. Not being familiar with explosives myself, I would say the interval for each test could be anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes. As such, Sam would be going to sleep shortly behind the others.

Trap main entrance roll 1: 8d6t5 1
Ok, first trap is set using 1 kilo of rating 5 commercial explosive and a rating 4 electrical detonator.

Trap secondary entrance roll 1: 8d6t5 3
Ok, second trap is set using 1 kilo of rating 5 commercial explosive and a pull detonator.

Trap third entrance roll 1: 8d6t5 5
Ok, third trap is set using 1 kilo of rating 5 commercial explosive and a push detonator.

8-bit

« Reply #295 on: <12-08-14/0334:13> »
All right, I'll get an IC post up sometime tomorrow.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #296 on: <12-08-14/1748:44> »
Random musings. I'm assuming that I don't need to constantly make rolls for patrolling, but if I do, let me know.

The specific searches in the IC:
Astral Perception (parasite) [Intuition 4 + Assensing 4 + Specifically looking 3 - Wounds 1]: 10d6t5 3
And the matrix search:
Computer Search (Styles and Long Shadow) [Computer -1 + Logic 3]: 2#2d6t5 1 1

I'm hoping I get extra dice for the matrix search but even if not, those are some lucky rolls - no glitches and one hit on two dice, twice!

I'll update the IC, but basically I tell Dolphin to keep looking. I'm not really sure how the Search power would work here. Either me or the spirit needs to have seen the target, so I'm kind of counting on the spirit getting an image of Gloria from an image of herm either at her residence or from my memory looking at either her contact photo on my phone or the reports of her disappearance or some other online info Doc dug up when he was looking into her. I'm sure there are penalties applied for not having seen her in person. I'll try  a memory test to see if I can maybe remember an image of her that is usable to assist Dolphin:
Memory Test (Gloria) [Log 3 + Wil 6]: 9d6t5 4

Not a bad roll.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #297 on: <12-08-14/1759:30> »
Is Ohanzee looking specifically at himself or at any of the others?

Nice job not glitching.

You have a mental image of Gloria to provide Dolphin to use in the Search.

I'll post ICly for the results within the next couple hours.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #298 on: <12-08-14/1825:22> »
He's looking at his body and his astral form to see if it is in one, the other, or both (or neither if he doesn't get enough hits I suppose).

Though it might be a good idea to see how it looks different in an unconscious person as opposed to a conscious one, so if I need another roll to do that as well let me know and I'll do another IC, but I'd like to look at Chino (since Katsina is still awake and this will give him a comparison between awake and not awake parasite activity).

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #299 on: <12-08-14/1917:05> »
@Malevolence I'm not sure if it's been mentioned ICly, but Doc has the largest presence and seems to be very agitated/concerned about it.  Again, dunno how much of that made it to IC, but looking at him would probably be easiest.  And if you don't do it on your own, when he wakes up, he's going to ask all of the awakened to search him because he's got his panties in a bunch about this.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal