NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #240 on: <12-03-14/0111:21> »
Damnit, you're right. But she already maxed out the hits - Force 6 capping it at 6 hits - so the 2 extra dice wouldn't help (since the Limit applies to maximum number of hits you can apply to the Opposed Test).

But I should add a Notes column next to skills so I don't forget next time.

8-bit

« Reply #241 on: <12-03-14/0205:39> »
Does the Snowski leave tracks? Or are they going to get covered by more snow?

Either way, I think Chino wants to at least destroy the drone so their enemies can't use it. It's not like they don't already have strike teams after them. The question is, does Smashing Blow apply against the drone?

Edit: Based on IC post, I think a Perception check is in order. From what I know, I'm rolling Perception 4 + Intuition 3 + Specifically Looking 3 - Heavy Snow 3 for 7 dice total. Does that sound right?
« Last Edit: <12-03-14/0236:39> by 8-bit »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #242 on: <12-03-14/0238:16> »
The Snowski does leave tracks. Given the combined weight of Sam and Chino, the tracks are deeper than usual. More snow is predicted for the next 7 hours or so.

Chino and Sam both have the Outdoors skill at rating 2. Some Tracking rolls:
Sam: 0 hits
Chino: 1 hit

The tracks will certainly be softened by additional snow - and the wind may help erode them too - but you can't say for sure if they will be eliminated completely. Chino thinks that Sam could drag a tree branch or something behind them to help break down the ridges some more.

Smashing Blow applies to "a barrier or other static structure". SR5 says that vehicles are not barriers ("People and vehicles have Body and Armor, while barriers have Structure and Armor." p. 197), so Smashing Blow would not apply.

If it makes you feel better, the aspen tree appears to have applied Rooting to the drone already. (Has the Rooting power not made the leap to SR5 yet? Okay, the punchline can be "Counterstrike" instead.) Between the sudden stop and being engulfed in flames, the prospects for the drone are dim.

8-bit

« Reply #243 on: <12-03-14/0243:28> »
All right, so no Smashing Blow. Are we fairly confident that it's been destroyed beyond reasonable repair?

Also, Rooting has been added, but it's in Shadowspells.

Quote from: Shadowspells; page 24
Rooting allows an adept to become a nearly immovable object with a Simple Action. The power provides +1 to the adept’s Physical Limit for Knockdown (p. 194, SR5) only. It also provides a +1 dice pool modifier to any test resisting being knocked down, levitated, or otherwise being displaced against their will. The adept cannot move while the power is active, and she takes a –3 dice pool penalty to Dodge, Block or Parry tests while the power is active. The power can be canceled with a Free Action.

Not sure if that's what it was in SR4.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #244 on: <12-03-14/0248:24> »
Ach! I have Shadow Spells, which doesn't seem to have been incorporated into Chummer 5 yet.

According to Chino's professional opinion, by which I mean Aeronautics Mechanic (3 hits), the drone is fragged up the hoop and out the slot.

8-bit

« Reply #245 on: <12-03-14/0251:37> »
Ach! I have Shadow Spells, which doesn't seem to have been incorporated into Chummer 5 yet.

According to Chino's professional opinion, by which I mean Aeronautics Mechanic (3 hits), the drone is fragged up the hoop and out the slot.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think it will be any time soon. Same goes for Run & Gun and Street Grimoire Errata. Adam has been MIA for a while (not that I blame him).

Thanks for rolling those various rolls, I've never actually used those skills before  ::) So, I have no idea when to be rolling them.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #246 on: <12-03-14/1822:33> »
Current situation
- Ace and Katsina are talking in the dining room.
- Sam and Chino are at the crash site of the drone.
- Doc is in VR, at Sam and Chino's location (more or less). Per his earlier access, he can piggyback on Sam's goggles and Chino's earbuds to see what's happening with the drone.
- Ohanzee is asleep.

Next steps
- Sam, Chino, and Doc are free to comment further on the drone or to return to the house. Chino can also respond to Sam's comments (in his updated IC post), or start another conversation, or punch a tree down because he wants too that's why.
- If/when Sam and Chino return, they may wish to address their tracks.
- Rednblack and I are having most of our conversation by PM so no need to wait for us.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #247 on: <12-03-14/1826:59> »
Next steps
- Sam, Chino, and Doc are free to comment further on the drone or to return to the house. Chino can also respond to Sam's comments (in his updated IC post),

I DID kinda drop a conversation bomb all stealth like that back there. 8 Bit might not have noticed it. :)
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #248 on: <12-03-14/1910:31> »
Next steps
- Sam, Chino, and Doc are free to comment further on the drone or to return to the house. Chino can also respond to Sam's comments (in his updated IC post),

I DID kinda drop a conversation bomb all stealth like that back there. 8 Bit might not have noticed it. :)

You mean the destroying the obelisk? I did kind of miss it, oops.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #249 on: <12-03-14/1937:05> »
So, yeah. While Ohanzee's sleeping peacefully, I'm biting my nails wanting to provide input. So, I wrote more dreams.

Ohanzee can't stand not being in the limelight. But at least he's willing to share it.

Oh yeah, also we're supposed to try to post at least once a day, so 10 lines of "zzzzzzzzz" was the other option.

You're welcome.  ;D

Though that's still on the table for tomorrow if he's still sleeping...
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #250 on: <12-03-14/1949:07> »
So, yeah. While Ohanzee's sleeping peacefully, I'm biting my nails wanting to provide input. So, I wrote more dreams.

Ohanzee can't stand not being in the limelight. But at least he's willing to share it.

Oh yeah, also we're supposed to try to post at least once a day, so 10 lines of "zzzzzzzzz" was the other option.

You're welcome.  ;D

Though that's still on the table for tomorrow if he's still sleeping...

Ohanzee must be really out of it if he's sleeping for 3 days straight  :)

All right, edited my IC. Hopefully that makes it a little easier for Uncle Sam to respond.
« Last Edit: <12-03-14/1953:43> by 8-bit »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #251 on: <12-04-14/1829:40> »
Bumping this. Let's get an IC post from Sam responding to Chino's comments. Chino can also comment on Sam's bombshell if he so chooses. Anyone can reply to Ohanzee's sleep-troding.

Ace and Katsina will probably wrap up soon. I'll advance the action tomorrow (snowmobiling back to the house) if 8-bit and Poindexter don't cover it.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #252 on: <12-05-14/1330:19> »
Top-notch RP, guys. It's been really great all around. Lots of good stuff happening.

I'll let the current scene go for a little longer in case 8-bit or Poindexter wanted to continue the conversation. If not, then we'll proceed.

8-bit

« Reply #253 on: <12-05-14/1841:02> »
Hopefully I didn't break anything about the story with some of my comments. Even if I did, Chino can have his own paranoia and thoughts without necessarily being right.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #254 on: <12-05-14/1855:57> »
Nope, things are going great. I can't speak for Ryo but I'm very pleased with how things are developing.