NEWS

Customer cyber arm

• 14 Replies

Anela

• Newb
« on: <02-17-13/2248:10> »
Okay here is the thing. I have a player looking to make a cyber arm, what he wants is 4 retractable needles out of his fingers that would self coat themselves in poison.  We have been able to figure out all that what I am having a hard time deciding on is how the finger piece would work especially since I can not find my augmentation book at this moment.

Help please.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-17-13/2250:51> »
Okay here is the thing. I have a player looking to make a cyber arm, what he wants is 4 retractable needles out of his fingers that would self coat themselves in poison.  We have been able to figure out all that what I am having a hard time deciding on is how the finger piece would work especially since I can not find my augmentation book at this moment.

Help please.

I suppose the needles could pass through a fingertip compartment containing the poison. Might cost a little extra considering it would need to be custom made so that the poison didn't just leak out. Maybe require Alpha Grade for the cyber-arm to represent how 'custom made' it needs to be?
« Last Edit: <02-17-13/2253:31> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-17-13/2253:18> »
Yeah that does make sense, for the needles would you run off the rules of finger razors?

Sorry this one seems so very out of the box for me lol

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-17-13/2255:15> »
Yeah that does make sense, for the needles would you run off the rules of finger razors?

Sorry this one seems so very out of the box for me lol

Putting the Hand Razors into the arm's capacity could work for it possibly.

Note- I edited the last post for a suggestion on how to handle the 'extra cost' I mentioned.

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-17-13/2303:14> »
I am thinking you are very right on the cost piece, hand claws make the most sense.  The arm is a wicked idea, I am thinking however that the cost is going to be pretty overwhelming. 

the only thing that I am really confused on is the fact he is wanting them to be needle like and used as injectors.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-17-13/2311:49> »
I am thinking you are very right on the cost piece, hand claws make the most sense.  The arm is a wicked idea, I am thinking however that the cost is going to be pretty overwhelming. 

the only thing that I am really confused on is the fact he is wanting them to be needle like and used as injectors.

Try this:

Full Obvious Cyber-Arm (Alpha-ware) [This means all additions will be Alpha as well]
 Bulk Modification- Rating 4
 Customized Agility
 Customized Body
 Customized Strength
 Enhanced Body- Rating 4
 Enhanced Agility- Rating 4
 Enhanced Strength- Rating 4
 Armor- Rating 2
 4 x Fingertip Compartment
 Retractable Climbing Claws

The "climbing claws" could be stylized more as "syringe needles" instead I would imagine (just remove the actual climbing bonus). If you want that modification on the claws to cost still more, then you could charge double the Alpha-ware cost for the claws.

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-17-13/2315:42> »
That sounds pretty much what we are thinking, everyone just read over it and was like yep that makes sense for what we are trying to do.  Thank you again.

I love these forums no one ever makes me feel like a total idiot :D

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-17-13/2317:39> »
Oh, if there's not a Cyber-Torso in use, you would need to drop those Enhancements to the stats to 3, but a Cyber-Torso could let him have a couple more Cyber Armor points (2 points per limb is all that availability allows on the Cyber-Limb Armor without Restricted Gear).

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-17-13/2322:20> »
They wouldn't really be injectors - just poison blades.  Can't think of any 'ware for the injectors.  You could homebrew them, in which case I reccomend making them about 20% more expensive than hand razors, and they'd wind up being to fragile too attack with - you have to make a subdual attack first, then deploy them.  Either a small or large increase in used capacity on the basis of whether or not there's more than one dose.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-17-13/2329:46> »
They wouldn't really be injectors - just poison blades.  Can't think of any 'ware for the injectors.  You could homebrew them, in which case I reccomend making them about 20% more expensive than hand razors, and they'd wind up being to fragile too attack with - you have to make a subdual attack first, then deploy them.  Either a small or large increase in used capacity on the basis of whether or not there's more than one dose.

That's why I thought the climbing claws stylized (with potential double cost on top of Alpha-ware increase), so that he could use something in the books already for the injectors--not to mention removal of the climbing bonus. The increase in cost could also be for making them suitable for attacking since removing the climbing bonus could be enough to make them injectors.

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-17-13/2332:33> »
with him being an orc and having already customized the arm to be made to fit would he need the torso, how do the rules for the torso work...?

GAH

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-17-13/2333:44> »
with him being an orc and having already customized the arm to be made to fit would he need the torso, how do the rules for the torso work...?

GAH

To get over Rating 3 in Enhancement, you have to have the Torso, but as an Ork, Customized with Rating 3 Enhancement is still pretty strong so long as he didn't dump-stat Strength.
You might need to tweak it to be in starting availability though as an Ork since customizing does raise availability for each point over 3.
« Last Edit: <02-17-13/2336:56> by All4BigGuns »

Anela

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <02-17-13/2343:14> »
awesome thank you so much :D

Mithlas

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <02-18-13/1237:49> »
A question of clarification: I thought that you only needed to have a cybertorso if you had a cyberlimb 3 points over your current attributes. A Strength 3 human with a cyberarm at Strength 6, or an ork with Strength 8 and cyberarm strength 12, but that ork getting a Strength 8 cyberarm that matched his own natural attributes wouldn't need a cybertorso.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <02-18-13/1241:21> »
A question of clarification: I thought that you only needed to have a cybertorso if you had a cyberlimb 3 points over your current attributes. A Strength 3 human with a cyberarm at Strength 6, or an ork with Strength 8 and cyberarm strength 12, but that ork getting a Strength 8 cyberarm that matched his own natural attributes wouldn't need a cybertorso.

The book just says that a cyber-torso is required if the limb has 3 points of enhancement (with a customized limb, it would be 3 over current anyway though, since customizing puts the limb to your current natural attribute).