NEWS

www.shadowrunsixthworld.com - counter.

• 166 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #75 on: <06-25-19/0906:04> »
The Chicago bit is actually from the Podcast done by The Neoanarchist network, Radio Free Detroit, and Deniable Assets. It’s written by Opti and I believe has been given the canon stamp.

As for Smoking Mirror I’m not sure where the best source would be. I believe it was written somewhere that with Darke gone the Cult in Aztechnology was gone too.
Someone has been/still are building bridges using Fovae though. That’s from fiction in Forbidden Arcana which picks up an old line from Harlequin.

As for Dark Terrors, I like it for its subjects. Whether it necessary for the topic at hand I’m not sure. Rereading it now
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <06-25-19/0931:14> »
Man...this will teach me to take a break and get off the net for an evening!! Quite like this approach to teasing a major plot point for the new edition...definitely pulls me in.

Kinda hope we never get “stats” for these...always been of the opinion that one your stat something, people will figure out a way to kill it ::)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #77 on: <06-25-19/0943:55> »
Speaking of other locations: there is mentioning of St. Louis in Dark Terrors about the Elder Gods. Maybe Wainwright will appear in the new sourcebooks

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <06-25-19/1126:37> »
Man...this will teach me to take a break and get off the net for an evening!! Quite like this approach to teasing a major plot point for the new edition...definitely pulls me in.

Kinda hope we never get “stats” for these...always been of the opinion that one your stat something, people will figure out a way to kill it ::)

I’d like it if it just popped up. But the whole text slowly appearing as if they were live tweeting it thing was just frustrating so I stopped following it.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #79 on: <06-25-19/1700:05> »
The Chicago bit is actually from the Podcast done by The Neoanarchist network, Radio Free Detroit, and Deniable Assets. It’s written by Opti and I believe has been given the canon stamp.

Is that podcast sequence done yet, or still running?  I listened to the first week, but then fell behind and never invested the time to get caught back up.  Wondering how many days' worth I'd need to get through to get the full story?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #80 on: <06-25-19/1713:12> »
They completed day 25 yesterday. It’s still running. Things are moving now though. The setup was rather slow in my opinion as each podcast had its own line for maybe the first 15 days so that 45 podcasts by itself, but now only sending out a single one on any one of the three so it’s easier to follow.
« Last Edit: <06-25-19/1714:55> by PiXeL01 »

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #81 on: <06-25-19/2116:34> »
Elder Gods may or may not be a thing. No one has seen an elder God, nor contacted them. The elder God tradition is simply that. Cultists with various dreams and commitments and desires regarding beings they believe exist and can grant them power.

Terrors are real. And if I was a terror, who would be the group o could lost easily fool into doing my bidding?

So while there is meant to be a hint of connection, and even sometimes the assumption of connection, it is likely only because certain entities find it convenient.

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #82 on: <06-26-19/0006:27> »
Harlequin himself called them the Enemy (in Harlequin's back). So we can add that to the list of monikers. Usually, I think of that sort of thing as working best as a looming problem, where if we don't deal with the little related issues now, it'll get out of control really quickly. If they're already launching a full-scale invasion now, how will anyone be able to stop it?
Still, let's just wait and see how this turns out... (The revealings, I mean, not the hypothetical invasion itself)
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #83 on: <06-26-19/0008:27> »
So Horrors/Terrors are out unless the started carrying sniper rifles with laser sights.
My guess is he is talking about, Dragons, Corps or metahumanity in general.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #84 on: <06-26-19/0010:29> »

I’d like it if it just popped up. But the whole text slowly appearing as if they were live tweeting it thing was just frustrating so I stopped following it.

I rather like it that way; it adds a bit of suspense, as if you're 'listening' in on a real-time conversation.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <06-26-19/0024:12> »
So Horrors/Terrors are out unless the started carrying sniper rifles with laser sights.

This one's an easy one.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <06-26-19/0031:26> »

Depending on how much they take from earthdawn not really. Horrors had a power called horror mark they put a astral link on you and basically subverted people from afar. People with a mark would betray family, home villages etc. but people with marks were incapable of artistic expressions so new comers and people under suspicion had to display a art talent on demand. Every earthdawn class came with a art skill.

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #87 on: <06-26-19/0037:54> »

Depending on how much they take from earthdawn not really. Horrors had a power called horror mark they put a astral link on you and basically subverted people from afar. People with a mark would betray family, home villages etc. but people with marks were incapable of artistic expressions so new comers and people under suspicion had to display a art talent on demand. Every earthdawn class came with a art skill.

Yes but from what I remember the Horrors were never about power or political domination.
So I don't think they fit the profile of the enemy from the message.
Seemed more like a Humanity league broadcast to me.

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #88 on: <06-26-19/0050:33> »
Cute "join the mailing list" blipverts in there. They're coming through the 4th wall? I'm just worried about the whole thing's title... Invasion by the Enemy, or just panicky blame getting thrown about?
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #89 on: <06-26-19/0112:56> »
Well we know their magic is dangerous to use and dangerous to know, corrupts the mind, and they're using that to get a foot in...
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!