• 114 Replies

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <07-10-19/1738:53> »
"I've only got 12 bullets so some of you are going to have to share!"
-Deadpool
-- also, any gun bunny in 6e
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

sn0mm1s

• Chummer
« Reply #106 on: <07-10-19/1759:12> »
I wouldn’t call 12 attacks a conservative estimate. Multi attack might cap at 2 or 3 targets making it 4-6 in a turn.

Were previous editions capped at Reaction? Dice pool splitting? I literally haven't looked at SR rules in years.

Editions have had different rules on it. 1-3e it was SA two shots up to 2 targets. BF 2 bursts up to 2 targets. FA you could split it into bursts each at a different target. Dual wielding doubling the above.

4e-5e i don’t remember the rule. If it’s reaction max that’s pretty silly that with a 10 shot burst you can separate and target each bullet. But maybe that was the rule and still is.

Did a little internet research. It looks like it was probably skill/2 in 5e. So, starting gun bunny with max skill, +specialization would get around 8 attacks with their weapon of choice with a potential of 10 attacks with expertise + skill aptitude or whatever that PQ used to be named with 2 multiattack uses of Edge. I would guess the cost of getting 10 likely isn't worth it at chargen but 8 attacks would likely be easily attainable - and still very good without even really needing to try and min-max aside from 6 edge.

« Reply #107 on: <07-11-19/0609:21> »
The quick start rules don't allude to multi-shot stuff like that anywhere do they? Or am I missing a section.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <07-13-19/1733:53> »
QSR nope, nothing in multi attack.  It’s from on the play podcasts.

As an aside the orc mage has a willpower 7 in the QSR with no quality indicating it’s boosted. Do Orcs now have a increased willpower on top of terrible idea no negative attribute caps?  What’s the space for dwarves here.

tenchi2a

• Chummer
« Reply #109 on: <07-13-19/1936:57> »

As an aside the orc mage has a willpower 7 in the QSR with no quality indicating it’s boosted. Do Orcs now have a increased willpower on top of terrible idea no negative attribute caps?  What’s the space for dwarves here.

To the best of my knowledge everyone starts with 2 in each attribute now, so the Orc paid for every point of that 7.
The only thing that race does  is add to the upper limit an add some specials like low-light vision.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <07-13-19/2240:25> »

To the best of my knowledge everyone starts with 2 in each attribute now, so the Orc paid for every point of that 7.
The only thing that race does  is add to the upper limit an add some specials like low-light vision.

They may have paid for every point but I thought stats were still capped 6 without racial mods or ware etc. Are they now 2-7?  Or do orcs have a higher willpower max.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <07-14-19/0844:32> »
Core book stats all start at 1 still.  Exceptional Attribute is still a quality, and is basically the same as 5th.  Orcs max willpower is still 6.  Most of that kind of baseline char-gen stuff hasn't changed.

Quick Start rules are Quick Start rules and kinda are doing their own thing.  I don't believe the QSR characters really followed any formal Char gen rules, I wouldn't get to wrapped up in reverse engineering them. 

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <07-14-19/0954:22> »
Disappointing that they didn’t just use their own rules for making them but also a bit reassuring. The characters were all almost to perfect in stats. It seemed weird for my dystopian future for all the example pcs to be physical and mental perfection and that’s before ware.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #113 on: <07-14-19/1103:00> »
Quick Start rules are Quick Start rules and kinda are doing their own thing.  I don't believe the QSR characters really followed any formal Char gen rules, I wouldn't get to wrapped up in reverse engineering them.

You mean we can't expect players to be able to take forty levels of In Debt to get at least 40 additional Karma at chargen based off the Rigger Dossier?

Say it ain't so!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <07-14-19/1122:42> »
You can indeed use the "In Debt" quality in the CRB to get up to 250,000 Nuyen of additional starting funds.  I would not recommend it.  YMMV.

Personally I could see some home games using the "In Debt" quality as an equipment budget of some kind from a sponsor or patron.  I could see it playing out especially well if the team has some common background.