NEWS

Magicknet 3.0

• 6 Replies

Texas_Tarantula

• Newb
« on: <09-21-10/1059:53> »
>>>>>[Hello, folks. Sorry I haven't been online in a while, but I had to go back to Texas for a few weeks on a freelance job. Anyway, since I've come back, I've noticed there aren't many stories of interest for us wizworm types, so I thought I'd start up this Magicknet copy until the original is back online. Moderation is controlled by the normal mods, though, so don't expect me to bail you out if you contract a nasty virus or worm while you're here (hell, I can barely understand how my commlink works half the time).

Anyway, if you've got some unique stories to share about the Awakened world, this is the place to do it. I'll get it started. On my most recent job in Texas for a company that rhymes with "Bone Bar," I was hired on as a freelance forensic shaman to help track down a murderer who was going through the local joyboy population like mom's five-alarm chili through your digestive tract. No one really cared about the joygirls at first until the son of a local official was counted amongst the dead - apparently, he was doing some "freelancing" on his own to support his tempo habit after Daddy cut him off. Since I've had experience with cases like this, they brought me in to assense one of the crime scenes and help track down the killer.

To make a long story short - and since I'm not sure what the wordcount cutoff here is - after several days of investigating and assensing some of the creepiest crime scenes in astral space you'll ever see, we tracked down the killer to an abandoned warehouse in the Dallas industrial area. The killer was some kind of rogue mantis spirit, if you can believe that. Whether she was by herself or the sign of a larger nest in the area, I don't know. I just tracked her down, helped take her out, took my creds and ran.

Thing is, the murders of the Joyboy Killer have stopped, but now there's another serial killer out there following the original killer's M.O. I don't know if it's a copycat killer, another insect spirit, or if the original mantis gave us the slip somehow, but... well, if I were you, I'd be careful cruising around Dallas for the new few months. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad to be back in Seattle.]<<<<<
      --Texas Tarantula (09:59:21/09-21-72)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-21-10/1623:12> »
>>>>>[Nice to see the 'Net back up and running.]<<<<<
      -- KageZero (15:22:24/09-21-72)

Texas_Tarantula

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-21-10/1735:06> »
>>>>>[Yeah, but no idea for how long. Hopefully the real Magicknet comes back on soon - as far as I know, this place is being held together with chewing gum, bailing wire, and old AOL source codes.]<<<<<
      -- Texas Tarantula (16:35:01/09-21-72)

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-21-10/1824:32> »
>>>>>[Had a teammate aim me this way recently when he saw me fumble around dealing with some Astral. Anybody got a FAQ for those of us who Awakened _after_ getting some headware stuck in?]<<<<<
--TekDrake (18:23:11/09-21-72)
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <09-21-10/1833:07> »
>>>>>[There's an old runner (like I'm a young chicken) named Twist out there. He was on a corporate fast track and had some headware when he first heard Dog's song. I know of a couple others, but most either burned-out or faded away. I had a ... accident on a run and wound up with a cyberhand, so I know a bit of the loss. But from what I know of those with headware, the headaches do get better, but only if you continue down the path.]<<<<<
      -- KageZero (17:26:26/09-21-72)

Texas_Tarantula

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-21-10/2038:26> »
>>>>>[What Kage said. The loss of your vital spirit to the machine is always a hard thing for the body to endure, but if you ascend, you can reclaim your lost connections. Well, to a point anyway. An internal commlink isn't so bad, but if you're a street sam with more metal in you than meat, you're pretty much fragged.]<<<<<
      -- Texas Tarantula (19:44:21/09-21-72)

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <09-28-10/1740:19> »
>>>>>[ -fox growl- How do I... Hey Dummy! What does the blinking red light mean again? ... It's what? OH! Uhm... how do I stop it? ... ah, okie.]<<<<<
      -- FoxBoy (15:40:27/09-28-72)

>>>>>[ Hey Dummy! It's blinking again.. did I butt dial it again or something or did you hack it? ... There's a sprite on it? What's a sprite? I'm gonna hit the power for now... I hate monkey tech... ]<<<<<
      -- FoxBoy (16:06:22/09-28-72)

>>>>>[ I hate tech. ]<<<<<
      -- FoxBoy (16:15:56/09-28-72)

>>>>>[ GO AWAY SPRITE! No I DON'T want to talk to them! ]<<<<<
      -- FoxBoy (16:17:56/09-28-72)

>>>>>[ -grumbling- Sorry... Sprite won't leave me alone without saying something. I'm a fox shifter, mage type from Salish land, been awake since birth so... got lots of neat tricks I can do and my pack and I just got done flushing out some mantis spirits from the sprawl in Seattle. What hurt was that this group was getting ready to induct, and invest, our combat mage in as a bug spirit herself so now she's out a pack of the magic kind. Although, for some funny reason they did this whole 'group ownership' thing and now she has her own den... uhm, chapter house, sorry.. in Seattle. Lots of nuyen and toys, but everyone that wasn't a bug in her group all noninitiates, keep bugging her and asking what happened.

Anyone know how to get a sprite off of these doodads, commlinks, whatever they are?

Better yet, anyone want a fox lookin' sprite on their commlink? Giving it away to a good home.  Strike that.. anyone that wants it, can have it!

Stop chewing on my contact list!!! ]<<<<<
      -- FoxBoy (16:20:20/09-28-72)