NEWS

Complexity and Curveballs

• 2 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« on: <07-11-11/0104:45> »
With apologies to Gleeful, I discovered that the Army-o'-Drones rigger can really throw a monkey-wrench into the game. Some issues I found:
1) Who can see what. Having a couple orbiting eyes in the sky passively observing is something easy for a GM to forget about; as a player I found I needed to keep that in mind to prevent an 'I would have seen that!' moment.
2) More than two drones involved in a combat situation can be... painful. For some players, it can be a belated discovery of overwhelming decisions to make. Not to mention, more combatants means combat takes longer.

Found this out while playing in a Missions game, and would really like to know what can be done to make the GM's life _much_ easier--aside, of course, from giving up some of my precious toys. ;)
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #1 on: <07-11-11/0207:55> »
For my Missions rigger, I have a chart of all my drones with pre-calculated dice pools and other stats for all the common actions. It has a spot for whatever Inits I rolled for the drones so I don't forget when they go.

Basically, whatever you can do to pre-figure math will help to speed things up.

-k

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-11-11/0234:58> »
I ran one of the season 4 missions a few weeks ago and told my rigger (a guy that loves to derail plots accidentally...usually) that if I get stumped on something, I reserve the right to say that you aren't getting a good enough connection to your drone for whatever reason.  It worked fine...made me feel a little slimy, but otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get the PC's to actually move their meat to the Ork Underground :-P

Other than that...having stat cards of your drones handy (with pictures if possible) would have helped me several times to give me an idea of how NPC's would react to the drones, or to know how this drone would interact with/impact a given environment.

Hope that helps some...