NEWS

Magical Groups -- Resources and Dues

• 5 Replies

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« on: <06-27-11/1902:48> »
My Missions character is part of a magical group that currently has no group resources.  We formed it that way during Season 3 because we were all poor shadowrunners. :)  The "poor" part has changed somewhat because, like most magic-types, I find myself in far more need of Karma than nuyen.

Now, my character has bunch more money than I'd really need, and I just had an idea how to get rid of it.  In the section on "Group Resources and Dues" (SM, 68), the indication is that if the group wants to have group resources, they split the cost of an additional lifestyle of that level, thus charging "dues" to each member according the cost of the lifestyle.  In the example given, "if a group of 10 members decides to maintain High resources, dues are 10 percent of 10,000 nuyen per month, or 1,000 nuyen per month."  There is also indication that some groups are funded by a patron (same paragraph), who presumably picks up the full tab so the members don't pay dues for the group resources.

Am I allowed to do this?  (RP-wise, I consider it as part of a growing group that has just moved into Seattle.)  Could I, since I have the money, lay down 120,000 nuyen to fund my magical group to High Resources for the "12 months" of Season 4?

If my magical group were to have High lifestyle, which lists "accommodations for members at Middle lifestyle (but no car, entertainment budget, and so on)" (SM, 68), would there be a lifestyle discount (or free lifestyle) for members of the group at Middle lifestyle?
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-29-11/2311:26> »
Personally i don't see any problem with you spending the money. I don't think there would be any discount on lifestyle as to me what it represents is the groups lodge has the facilities to house people at minimum quality but isn't really intended to do so. It can make a good safehouse in a pinch.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #2 on: <06-30-11/0904:25> »
That's a good point.  I wouldn't want a member's "home address" being tracked back to the group HQ, would I?
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-30-11/1804:03> »
Also lifeseeker would like to remind you that if you have entirely too much money donations to the poor drone rigger fund are tax deductable, or at least he could fake up paperwork that should fool an IRS audit. Of course the problem being no one in our line of work gets audited.

"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-03-11/0653:15> »
Also lifeseeker would like to remind you that if you have entirely too much money donations to the poor drone rigger fund are tax deductable, or at least he could fake up paperwork that should fool an IRS audit. Of course the problem being no one in our line of work gets audited.

Or pays much taxes for that matter  ;D
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Wasabi

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-03-11/1035:17> »
If 'Extracted' means kidnapped I imagine to a 'runner that "Audited" means robbed! ^^
Missions Characters:
[SR4] Jax - Merc Technomancer
[SR5] Reece - Journalist TM