NEWS

6e Shadowrun Mission

• 9 Replies

markelphoenix

• Omae
« on: <08-28-19/2022:40> »
So, I GMed for the Beginner Box, but haven't done any GMing for Shadowrun in general, was always the player. Trying to get a group together in my area and people are down. Thing is, I want to do an out of the box official Shadowrun 6e run. What is available for this?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-28-19/2027:53> »
So far, nothing missions-wise official is available besides the beginner box.

The next season of organized play missions will all be written in 6th world edition, but they won't become available until after Origins and Gen Con next summer.

There will also be a non-organized play mission published soon-ish, but I don't know when that's due to be available.  Within a year, for sure.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-28-19/2130:34> »
Well, Drek....looks like I am going to have to brew something up. Wanted an official Mission to help nail down the setting. One thing I like about official campaigns, is it helps cement the lore and has hooks to pull players in to the lore.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-28-19/2132:02> »
For setting in 2080, do you think Neo Anarchist Guide would be useful? I heard mixed reviews on it. I already have No Future, but if no official missions right now, would probably want to do something in Seattle, introduce them to gang cultures and things that are less 'meta' potentially.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-28-19/2150:42> »
Well, Drek....looks like I am going to have to brew something up. Wanted an official Mission to help nail down the setting. One thing I like about official campaigns, is it helps cement the lore and has hooks to pull players in to the lore.

Seasons 9 and 10 (set in Neo-Tokyo) will be dual statted when they're available for purchase.  Season 8 is still behind and needs to be published, but with hindsight I think we can assume resources were going to launching 6th.

With any luck they won't be all that much longer down the pipeline.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-28-19/2201:30> »

Seasons 9 and 10 (set in Neo-Tokyo) will be dual statted when they're available for purchase.  Season 8 is still behind and needs to be published, but with hindsight I think we can assume resources were going to launching 6th.

Hmm, that would work. Already got group scheduled for 7th of September, soooo probably need to scrap together my own. Did you read the new Neo Anarchist Guide? If so, thoughts? I really want to make sure I get the current vibe down for 2080.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-28-19/2205:50> »

Hmm, that would work. Already got group scheduled for 7th of September, soooo probably need to scrap together my own. Did you read the new Neo Anarchist Guide? If so, thoughts? I really want to make sure I get the current vibe down for 2080.

The Streetpedia?  If that's what you mean... yes.  That's an excellent source.  You may even get mileage out of it by letting the players look stuff up in it to simulate their characters' legwork.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <08-28-19/2344:12> »
30 Nights will also be wicked when it comes out, iirc.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-29-19/0729:46> »
30 Nights will also be wicked when it comes out, iirc.

Yeah, am looking forward to it. Sounds pretty wiz. Thing is, got a group ready to go next Saturday, thus my dilemma. Also, after having made a few Pathfinder 2e and DnD 5 Characters, Shadowrun Priority feels really....clunky.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <08-29-19/0817:44> »
That's the payoff for not having classes.  :P

I think any SR5 adventure is easily switched statwise to SR6 so you could grab a few there. Maybe even download SR4 Free Taiwan and just multiply skill ratings with 1.5.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!