• Omae
« Reply #1635 on: <04-02-18/1514:05> »
Just looking for a black and white answer
« Last Edit: <04-02-18/2150:45> by wylie »

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1636 on: <04-02-18/1652:40> »
Alter Ballistics is an Instantaneous spell, its effects happen and then the spell is done. Since bypassing Immunity to Normal Weapons is not one of the listed effects, it doesn't. The preparation itself wouldn't allow any sort of bypassing because it isn't dual-natured (or likely even magical at all) by the time the bullet would hit [preparations only become dual-natured while sustaining a spell].

So plain answer: No. Alter Ballistics does not allow the bypassing of Immunity to Normal Weapons.

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1637 on: <04-02-18/2151:55> »
Thank you

Excel

• Newb
« Reply #1638 on: <07-16-18/0829:00> »
Hi All!

I have questions about the metagenetic ability "natural venom".
In the "Run Faster" p117. there is the original table with severity with effects but here it is:

ANIMAL TOXINS TABLE
SEVERITY / KARMA COST / SPEED               / POWER    / EFFECT                                                      / PENETRATION
Mild         / 3                   / 1 Combat Turn   / 8             / Disorientation; Stun Damage                       / 0
Moderate  / 5                   / 1 Combat Turn   / 12           / Disorientation; Nausea; Stun Damage         / –1
Serious    / 10                 / Immediate         / 10           / Disorientation; Paralysis; Physical Damage   / –2
Deadly     / 15                 / Immediate         / 12           / Nausea; Paralysis; Physical Damage            / –2

So if somebody has Moderate severity natural venom, she gets all the effects or only one?
Can somebody has double natural venom ability? Like a moderate spat and a Mild inhalation?
Does somebody know hows inhalation works in this case? Like distance, diameter of the poison "gas" etc...

Thanks your help and clarify.
« Last Edit: <07-16-18/0836:12> by Excel »

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1639 on: <07-16-18/1037:19> »
Hi All!

In the "Run Faster" p117. there is the original table with severity with effects but here it is:

ANIMAL TOXINS TABLE
SEVERITY / KARMA COST / SPEED               / POWER    / EFFECT                                                      / PENETRATION
Mild         / 3                   / 1 Combat Turn   / 8             / Disorientation; Stun Damage                       / 0
Moderate  / 5                   / 1 Combat Turn   / 12           / Disorientation; Nausea; Stun Damage         / –1
Serious    / 10                 / Immediate         / 10           / Disorientation; Paralysis; Physical Damage   / –2
Deadly     / 15                 / Immediate         / 12           / Nausea; Paralysis; Physical Damage            / –2

So if somebody has Moderate severity natural venom, she gets all the effects or only one?
Can somebody has double natural venom ability? Like a moderate spat and a Mild inhalation?
Does somebody know hows inhalation works in this case? Like distance, diameter of the poison "gas" etc...

It doesn't list a range for any of them.
But, how far can you spit? 2 m? 3m? Sounds like a melee range.
same thing with exhaled poisons.... maybe a meter...

The difference is in how they work as that can make the difference in if they are effective. but they all appear to be a melee range attack option.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

&#24525;

« Reply #1640 on: <07-16-18/2248:58> »
It might follow the Venom power (401 pg. Core) which is Touch.

Excel

• Newb
« Reply #1641 on: <07-17-18/0147:12> »
Hi All!

ANIMAL TOXINS TABLE

The difference is in how they work as that can make the difference in if they are effective. but they all appear to be a melee range attack option.

Thanks! But what about the effects? Do you get all effect for the venom in the same row or only one?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1642 on: <07-17-18/0154:04> »
Core p408 regarding Toxins: "Unless otherwise noted, all effects occur unless the toxin’s Power is reduced to 0 in a Toxin Resistance Test."

So all would apply. And a Force #Power Detox, which has Drain F-6, would eliminate all side-effects (not the damage, of course) on a single hit.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

q132231

• Newb
« Reply #1643 on: <07-17-18/0157:44> »
HI
My friend and I have a question about the 【R&G】HIGH-FASHION ARMOR CLOTHING P57-66.

a)MORTIMER OF LONDON Berwick Suit [CUSTOM FIT]  Wireless Bonus: +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests

b)MORTIMER OF LONDON Greatcoat Coat [CUSTOM FIT (STACK)] Wireless Bonus: +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests

CUSTOM FIT (STACK):This characteristic employs all the Custom Fit rules, but in addition these items can stack with other pieces that have been Custom Fit by the same maker, for the same person. The character has to select a specific set of Armored Clothing to have the piece Custom Fit with. The Custom Fit combination then allows the character to use either the base armor or add on the stack bonus for that set of gear.

Can I got +2 (+1 form Berwick Suit and +1 from Greatcoat Coat) dice pool bonus or only +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests when my character wears both of a and b? ;)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1644 on: <07-17-18/0200:02> »
HI
My friend and I have a question about the 【R&G】HIGH-FASHION ARMOR CLOTHING P57-66.

a)MORTIMER OF LONDON Berwick Suit [CUSTOM FIT]  Wireless Bonus: +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests

b)MORTIMER OF LONDON Greatcoat Coat [CUSTOM FIT (STACK)] Wireless Bonus: +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests

CUSTOM FIT (STACK):This characteristic employs all the Custom Fit rules, but in addition these items can stack with other pieces that have been Custom Fit by the same maker, for the same person. The character has to select a specific set of Armored Clothing to have the piece Custom Fit with. The Custom Fit combination then allows the character to use either the base armor or add on the stack bonus for that set of gear.

Can I got +2 (+1 form Berwick Suit and +1 from Greatcoat Coat) dice pool bonus or only +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests when my character wears both of a and b? ;)
I vaguely recall something about only the top layer applying for Social Tests, but I'd have to dig out the book for a check.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Excel

• Newb
« Reply #1645 on: <07-17-18/0215:29> »
Core p408 regarding Toxins: "Unless otherwise noted, all effects occur unless the toxin’s Power is reduced to 0 in a Toxin Resistance Test."

So all would apply. And a Force #Power Detox, which has Drain F-6, would eliminate all side-effects (not the damage, of course) on a single hit.

Thanks a lot for clarify this :)

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1646 on: <07-18-18/0457:33> »
Hi All!

ANIMAL TOXINS TABLE

Thanks! But what about the effects? Do you get all effect for the venom in the same row or only one?

Just to make sure we are all on the same page and understanding everything... because some of us have been drinking. (ME!)

The way this all boils down is:

If you want a contact vector poison, AND you spend say 15 karma on this (deadly) what you have is:

A spit ( 5 extra karma) poison that has a SPEED of immediate, a Power of 12, causes Nausea; Paralysis; Physical Damage and has a Penetration of -2.

All that costs you a total of 20 karma.

The only thing that the Spitting/exhaling/injecting has to do is with the delivery method of the poison; And thus what protects against it best for a modifier.
a Spitting (Contact vector) poison is only good if you can land it on skin..
A exhaled (Inhalation vector) poison is only good if they breathe it in...
A injected (Injection vector) is only good if you can break the skin...

The rules for poisons can be found in the CRB page 408, as MC pointed out. Refer there for which poison does what by how and what does it. 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Xen

• Newb
« Reply #1647 on: <07-28-18/1231:18> »
I offer some suggestions for later editions of Chrome Flesh with regard to Modular Connections and Limbs:

1) Rather than having the current confusing details of modular limbs and connections for wrist/ankle, elbow/knee and shoulder/hip, simply say that a switchable cyberlimb connection (ie modular cyberlimb connection) can be implanted at the wrist/...../hip joint of your body costing 0.1, 0.2 or 0.3 essence (basically as currently detailed for modular connections but most importantly leaving the capacity column blank).

2) Explicitly state that any appropriate cyberlimb can then be attached to a modular cyberlimb connection (hand/foot to a wrist/ankle, etc; perhaps alpha connection requires).

3) Also offer essence enhancers as limb accessories (at most 1 in a hand, 2 in a lower limb, 3 in a full limb). Each essence enhancer costs 1 capacity (and money) but reduces the limb's essence cost by 0.1

That would make the results mechanically the same as I believe was intended, but a lot less confusing IMHO.

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #1648 on: <07-28-18/1759:14> »
Ok, so I've got a number of questions with magic and alchemy:

1)  Core says alchemical "healing spells" must be contact triggers ... does that mean everything in the Health spell category, or exclusively spells with actual healing effects - i.e. Heal and possibly spells like Antidote or Cure Disease?

1-A)  If not, does Potion Maker get around that restriction?
Quote from: FA 39
a Heal spell could have ground aspirin tablets, etc...
The entire volume of the liquid must either be consumed by or poured over the target before the preparation can be triggered in any way other than with a timer trigger.
^  This implies to me that the default for all potions, including Heal, is timer trigger rather than command, and that either consuming or pouring it all over a target circumvents that new default.
But... it's only (heavily) implied, rather than stated outright.

2)  Does the Atomizer only work on compound preps, or can it apply to healing spell preps, too?
   (If it can't, then why even bother?)

3)  Does Increase Reflexes spell apply to all initiative, or only meat?
-  i.e. can it increase VR Matrix Initiative?

4)  Does Elemental Wall have to be vertical , or can it be horizontal, loop, etc so long as it's attached to the ground? ... and/or possibly the wall?
-  I'd assume it doesn't have to be vertical since it can be a dome...

5)  Do biofiber pockets  trigger contact preps?
--   About how big are all of these pockets we have lining our jackets?

Official word would be really nice.     Thanks in advance!
- And sorry if these were answered earlier.
« Last Edit: <07-28-18/1805:50> by HP15BS »
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1649 on: <07-30-18/0412:37> »
3)  Does Increase Reflexes spell apply to all initiative, or only meat?
-  i.e. can it increase VR Matrix Initiative?
It increase your [meat / AR] Initiative.
It does not increase your Astral Initiative, Matrix VR Initiative (Cold Sim) or Matrix VR Initiative (Hot Sim).
« Last Edit: <07-30-18/0415:24> by Xenon »