NEWS

ynt softweave?

• 40 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #30 on: <05-06-13/1959:04> »
Then that's between you and your GM, the rules are there to help balance things out. If you wanna have an adventure where you can pile on all the armour you want without drawbacks, have fun.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #31 on: <05-06-13/2007:36> »
I don't want that, actually. I'm not sure what gave you that impression, given how I asked for a non-munchkin version of the Softweave rules and stated what kind of approach I'd consider as houserule myself, which is FAR from stacking massively as you already read. Hell, I don't even allow any toys from War! myself in either of my two campaigns. But I want a proper way of this because IF I ever allow it, I want it done right, not done the way of "hai I got 18/16 with a Body of 3".
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <05-06-13/2013:13> »
Then that's between you and your GM, the rules are there to help balance things out. If you wanna have an adventure where you can pile on all the armour you want without drawbacks, have fun.
You do realize that Michael Chandra is our GM?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: <05-06-13/2019:41> »
I have to admit, I don't get it either. I heavily criticized the worst interpretation of Softweave because it's horribly munchkining. I gave a much lighter houserule possibility for it. That's all in this topic. Furthermore I have argued against usage of MilSpec in urban environments without consequences, in several heated debates on that matter. But suddenly I get accused of wanting to pile on tons of armour without drawbacks, while I neither allow it as GM nor would even want to as player. That accusation pretty much blindsided me.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #34 on: <05-06-13/2023:48> »
And I stated multiple options for non munchkining, you don't have to worry about munchkining if you don't play the game by numbers but actually read each items description and actually stop to think about what the hell it looks like.

If your players are munchkins, as I've stated earlier, penalize them - drop some common sense and reasoning on them.

Consider other things, how well armoured are the guys they're facing? Are they going down too easily? Consider beefing them up, give the opposition at least the same capability. The door guards should be wearing some under body protection like a FFBA piece, and their clothing should also be armoured. The QRT Teams should be wearing FFBA and FBA with softweave, and your runner team should be running from them.

Armour is there in case a bit of you was sticking out of cover, or you were caught out in the open, the firepower of coordinated opposition should make standing out in the open and walking into fire a non option.

So weather it's coordinated tactics, or better equiped NPCs, or both you should be able to work it out and keep the opposition challenging and on the runner's level. As well, consider what your PCs are wearing, and how logically it should impact them.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #35 on: <05-06-13/2040:39> »
You don't have to worry about munchkining if you don't play the game by numbers but actually read each items description and actually stop to think about what the hell it looks like.
I already do that. That's why we're in this discussion in the first place, and I already posted my own option.

By the way, my players aren't munchkins. If they were, I wouldn't let them anyway. They're not interested in SoftWeave, though one asked about Battle Rifles and was sad that I outlawed all of War! except overlapping suppressive fire and explosions. Telling that just in case you were wondering whether I got any personal investment in this discussion. Because honestly, I don't. The only reasons I am in this debate are so others can decide how they want to play out SoftWeave, or expect their GM to let it work, and because I got irked by the idea of introducing an optional rule in the middle of a campaign as punishment.

Back on subject, since there's no clear reading on it, how would people rule SoftWeave if they were the GM? Have it go per item? Have it per Set/FF/realarmor and exclude SecureTech and Helmets? Only allow it to work on one piece? Require it on all equipped pieces to let it work on one piece? Something else?

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #36 on: <05-06-13/2046:42> »
So really, you're hear to have other people tell you the answer you want to hear, and ignore all the rest.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #37 on: <05-06-13/2051:28> »

I'm sorry. I thought I made this clear. I already gave MY answer. The answer I would use as GM if I didn't want to bother digging through the mathematical pros and cons of the other approaches. The one I do not consider an official interpretation of SoftWeave but, as stated, how I'd houserule it in my games IF I ever decided to use War. Which I have no intent of doing, not now, not ever, except for PERHAPS Battle Rifles and High-Power Chambering.

Now, do you have more meaningless false accusations to toss my way or can you please stop flamebaiting me, so people can get back to sharing their visions on SoftWeave so that people like the OP and their GMs can make a call on how they want to interpret and use it, if they allow it?

viaRailGun

• Chummer
  • yipee ki yay...
« Reply #38 on: <05-06-13/2053:47> »
war. war never changes...
Onward all you crystal soldiers.
Touch tomorrow, energize.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #39 on: <05-06-13/2056:32> »
Well that is one of the things some people hold against it, RailGun. ^_^ They really want errata on some of the issues, such as SoftWeave, but never got them. So yes, war never changes. =P

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #40 on: <05-06-13/2058:57> »
FIVE bloody moderator reports on one thread? Time for a lock. And I suggest all of you who have reported posts and those that were reported on (I'm sure you can guess who you are) take the personal remarks to Private Messages so we don't have to lock threads asking for information on the game we ALL love.