NEWS

Combat mage elf

• 68 Replies

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <02-28-12/1655:31> »
Both ideas are awesome, though if I was dropping the focus for combat sense I am gonna drop the spell as well, so that is 12BP, and if I drop one point off  contacts or gear I can also grab a new  spell.    Though if I go the other way and have body at 3, what should I do with the other 10BP, just out of curiosity.
Off the cuff, I'll say increase counterspelling to 4 and 2 utility spells.  Heal, Increase Attribute, or Levitate are all good choices.  Heal's use is obvious.  Increase Attribute should be taken for an attribute someone else can use when you're not likely going to be making a bunch of rolls.  For example, you can for instance buff a face's charisma when they're talking to the Johnson.  Levitate's handy for hauling heavy stuff or when you really need to get up to a window.

Another option is to trade out Bad Luck for other complications and buy up edge.  Dropping Magic to 5 for more edge is a good idea if you go this route.   

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <02-28-12/1746:10> »
Raise Counterspelling to 4, get another 2 spells would be the alternative.

(Ninja'd by Tsuzua saying the same thing)

Dracain

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <02-28-12/1756:10> »
So either drop combat sense+focus and go for 5 body (and one spell if I drop a contact or gear point) or 3 body and with 4 counterspelling and 2 more spells?  Cool, thanks for that, those abilities make a lot of sense, I am probably gonna go for the 5 body because it seems to be the more recommended of the two, and drop a point from contacts and pick up heal or levitate.  Also, how do you figure I have 13/11 armor Tsuzua?  5 body would mean 10 max on armor unless I should go over the encumbrance, or unless you use the custom fit optional rule. 
« Last Edit: <02-28-12/1913:39> by Dracain »

UmaroVI

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <02-28-12/1945:59> »
Form Fitting Body Armor is 6/2 but counts as only 3/1 for encumbrance, so it lets you in effect get 13/11 armor. You can also do a bit better by using Softweave (WAR!).

Dracain

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <02-29-12/0223:43> »
Form fitting body armor?  Where is that from?  I can't find it in the core books, though maybe I just missed it. 

NotPotato

• Newb
« Reply #65 on: <02-29-12/0311:24> »
Form fitting body armor?  Where is that from?  I can't find it in the core books, though maybe I just missed it.

Arsenal

Dracain

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <02-29-12/1811:43> »
Thanks, I checked there but the pdf made the bold come up weird so I just scanned right over it.  Also, what would someone rank the negative quality compulsive (pyromania) as?  I am thinking about replacing sensitive system with it, as pyromania fits the character better. 

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <02-29-12/1832:10> »
Thanks, I checked there but the pdf made the bold come up weird so I just scanned right over it.  Also, what would someone rank the negative quality compulsive (pyromania) as?  I am thinking about replacing sensitive system with it, as pyromania fits the character better.
Yeah it's pretty easy to miss, but it's an important part of runner's armor.

As for pyromania, I would use the Poor Self Control: Compulsion quality from Runner's Companion.  You have to make a Composure threshold 2 test to resist your urge.  The price depends on how bad the compulsion.  Obsessive cleaning is 5 points while hacking high security nodes is 15.  I'll say 15 myself since setting big fires is usually a bad idea, but in some cases it might only be 10.

Dracain

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <03-01-12/0127:25> »
Ya, I saw the compulsion flaw and said to myself PERFECT! Exactly what I need, and if it is 15 than it is even better.