NEWS

BREAKING NEWS: AZTLAN ECONOMICALLY SANCTIONED BY THE UN AND CORPORATE COURT

• 120 Replies

bobo69

• Chummer
« on: <12-02-11/1301:01> »
Well just finished reading the latest Shadowrun Adventure: Columbia Subterfuge...

Looks like the UN and Corporate Court just gave economic sanctions and embargoes on Aztlan. The 5 permanent security members of the UN(Amazonia, France, UK, Japan and UCAS) along with most of the non permanent members voted for the sanctions. Only Aztlan voted against(of course) & Tir Tannagire and Athabaskan council abstained.

So looks like Horizon got paid like 350 million new yen to do a war crimes job on Aztlan and Aztechnology.

I'm surprised the council abstained the vote. The Coucil housed eco terrorists so they would be happy going up against Aztechnology(or maybe these ecos are funded by Aztechnology). As for Tir, well they don't like Dragons.

So looks like Amazonia is on the ropes in the war and the front lines are being pushed into Amazonian territory. And Amazonia has gotten desperate that they will pay Horizon this much amount. Anyways looks like Horizon just got a big boost.

Also with tensions on the rise on the Aztlan and CAS borders. Looks like you may have a two front war between Aztlan vs. CAS/Amazonia.

So the 5 big powers and the mega corps are about to neuter Aztlan/Aztechnology whom they see getting to be dangerously powerful and can't be allowed to win the war. Also probably you have the Great Dragons behind the resolution as well.

Maybe you might get a UN/Corporate court military intervention too against Aztlan/Aztechnology and of course the corp will get desperate and unleash some secret weapons.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-02-11/1322:35> »
Time to buy Horizon stocks. And sell Aztechnology.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-02-11/1324:36> »
What? Did anyone really think that the Corporate Court would let Aztlan, who has never played well by even Corporate rules, to get really slagging big and bad again. Aztlan already took one on the chops for getting too big for it's britches from the rest of the CC. This is not surpising at all in other than it took this long
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <12-02-11/1327:02> »
Well the Corporates needed an excuse and THIS IS IT.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-02-11/1348:50> »
too bad the PCC is tied up with swallowing what's left of Ute and SoCal.....but this means Azltan won't be in much of a position to do anything if PCC decided to clean house in San Deigo. And The Carb states are going to be chomping at the bit to give Aztlan a kick in the nethers for beinga general pain. UCAS and the rest of Northam won't be crying either
Echoing through my head

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <12-02-11/1354:14> »
So what now for Aztlan/Aztechnology....probably like any sensible corporation, it will probably cut its losses and withdraw and use its PR to spin things around unless of course its stupid and suicidal which its probably not. Unless of course it stole the omega codes of the Corporate court(as detailed n Conspiracy Theories).

Anyways , the Aztecs will probably withdraw since it is not stupid enough to fight everyone.

However this will have grave repercussions as investor confidence will be shaken badly because of the perceived Aztech defeat. Though the Azzies will spin this as a temporary police action in securing their borders.

The Corps benefit by having a neutered Aztechnology which is more compliant with teh Corporate court.

Amazonia will also hurt as their perceived magical and military might will be undermined because of this. Amazonia will probably professionalize its army.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <12-02-11/1355:16> »
The big question is, if AZT and Aztlan doesn't pull back...  Who fills the power void when they collapse?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <12-02-11/1356:29> »
And the CAS too will be playing all this for all its worth.

So too will the Corps rivals especially Ares, Horizon, Saeder Krupp.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <12-02-11/1358:43> »
Who will take over if and when Aztechnology ever collapses....

Probably Monobe...they are the AA corp who is poised in becoming a AAA. Fo SO LONG.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <12-02-11/1358:53> »
We also need to remmeber that the big A isn't as unified as people would like to think. The Blood Preists of The Smoking Mirror only have so much control and I bet a LOT of people would like to play Frag the Zampolit if the worm turns. Badboy Jaguar Warriors or not. You get a bunch of Grunts that are whizzed off, especially if they lost a friend or relative to the Mirror's need for sacrifices and you have a very unstable situation.

Echoing through my head

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <12-02-11/1403:57> »
Actually, isn't there rumors of a Feathered Dragon on the board of AZT?  Might be why the Tir abstained.  Things are already poised too close to a dragon civil war as is.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <12-02-11/1407:34> »
Actually the elves are opposed to the Dragons(immortal elves). yes there is a feathered serpect on the board of the AZT but I don't think its a great dragon.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <12-02-11/1408:42> »
Yeah, but I don't think it's a great if memory serves. And Given Hestaby, Lofwyr, and the three wizwryms in Amazonia might come to a agreement to kick the stuffing out of Aztlan, I'm not thinking that's going to happen. He'll. They might get GhostWalker signed up to give help, as he'd do it for a giggle
Echoing through my head

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <12-02-11/1412:16> »
The Elves aren't in charge of the Tir no more.  It's a democracy of sorts with Hestaby and an Ork, IIRC.

But who pulls that Feathered Dragon's strings?  Another Great most likely.  By decrying the Amazonian-Supporting (And completely nutbar) Dragon in the UN, but abstaining, Hestaby is showing support for AZT and Aztlan...

Ghostwalker, yeah, he'd be the 800 ton gorilla of Dragons if he decided to leave Denver.

Things are getting confusing, and my head hurts just regaining consciousness every morning.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11