NEWS

Honey Badger: You give a S#it

• 3 Replies

Kat9

« on: <01-08-12/1133:57> »
Okay, so normally I'm not really into RL guns. I tell people I like to keep my violence in two forms, cartoony and fictional. However, I have to say I love that weapon designers are now naming guns after memes.

While yes, I am aware its a animal and they might have just named it after that, I can't help but think maybe they didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn3KCSm3ui4&feature=g-logo&context=G2a4ef91FOAAAAAAANAA

The Honey Badger.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <01-08-12/1216:18> »
Firearms corporations in the US (Where I think AAS is) often give names to firearms that imply aggressiveness and such, and animal names are good for that.  Honey Badgers were relatively unknown in North America, I bet, until the Meme, so it's a good way to play off free advertising.

Examples of companies doing this are Colt, who name some of their revolver lines after Snakes.  (Thus the "Colt Asp" in Shadowrun.).
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <01-08-12/1330:04> »
Anyone who has played D&D knows what bastards badgers can be. Summon Monster should be Summon Fuzzball of Death.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <01-08-12/1401:25> »
Anyone who has played D&D knows what bastards badgers can be. Summon Monster should be Summon Fuzzball of Death.
In D&D a HOUSE CAT can kill some starting characters!

Which is wholly appropriate as one tried to kill me back in my College days...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11