NEWS

Harlequin

• 214 Replies

raben-aas

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <09-10-10/0532:03> »
For the record: I hate (yes, hate) the SR/ED crossover and every single bit that smells like it, too. ED as a former SR never worked for me, the concept in itself is broken in way too many places to actually even consider it as anything than a joke or a very very weak marketing tool (from a storytelling point of view, of course EVERYTHING can be explained ingame, much like Aliens versus Predator or Jason versus Freddy or Freddy versus Aliens or Winnie Poo versus Vader).  

If you wanna cross two totally unrelated games by the same publisher, play BattleRun. That at least would be FUN.

Sorry to sound like a total ass, and be assured that my eternal and infernal wrath will only manifest every so often by a short outburst like this one, without ever being directed against anyone in particular. Play everything you like, as long as I'm free to ignore the ED/SR stuff (so unless Harlequin gets voted to be the next world president or the Therans start actually popping up or we get f*ing windling street samurais, I'm fine).

AAS

BTW: I don't hate ED. It played some sessions, I liked it even somewhat, just not enough to keep playing it (so many systems, so little time). Just ED and SR having anything to do with each other is just ... wrong.
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/0538:57> by raben-aas »
-+-+-+-+-
Visit my Deviantart gallery: http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my German SR website with lots of equipment: http://www.raben-aas.de/

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #31 on: <09-10-10/0538:33> »
Poo versus Vader).  

That I'd PAY to see.

windling street samurais

AAS

*cough*Pixies*cough* *runs for cover*
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

raben-aas

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <09-10-10/0539:46> »
Poo versus Vader).  

That I'd PAY to see.

You saw Episode III, or didn't you?  :)
-+-+-+-+-
Visit my Deviantart gallery: http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my German SR website with lots of equipment: http://www.raben-aas.de/

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #33 on: <09-10-10/0550:50> »
Now I have to clean my monitor... and keyboard... and parts of my desk...*

*this mess was brought to you by: Pepsi Cola

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #34 on: <09-10-10/0648:12> »
HA! for that he gets an applaud!
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-10-10/1128:33> »
LOL, I can see why some people do not like the cross over but for me even though i started with SR i played ED for three years in high school. We put so much into developing it, and our GM was brilliant with his conspiracy theory type games. He made us fear even the lowest level Horror, so know it is awesome to see it continued.

As far as seeing some of IE or great dragons in games I run.....yeah if they are there, it is not going to be playing a big role, maybe old Caimbueul is in a cafe, or out for a night in France...but i do not like world shaking events in my games. I include Inscets, shedim, and nasty blood magic, big NPC's, but never on the scale of do this or a country falls....that stuff lost it's fun years ago, I like creating a setting that is rich with detailed NPC's, and room for my PC's to create there story.

Have  a great day runners!

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #36 on: <09-10-10/1244:01> »
The setup was there it's a shame when Earthdawn was done it wasn't tied in better.  Honestly sometimes if feels like someone sitting around with both books on table said. "Hey you know what this Earthdawn thing is sorta like what we had in mind for SR's past...Hmmm".

Having said that I like that SR has ties to the last age and I've never really had a problem with IE's or GD's.  Interaction has always been low with these beings usually a plot point as opposed to a goal or game changer.  Although I've found as players learn more about whats going on behind the scenes in SR they tend to seek out these power players.

Edit: We could form a dev team and set up a proposal for "Shadowrun The Fourth Age RPG" to Catalyst and clean up the tie ins !
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/1246:49> by Prime Mover »
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #37 on: <09-10-10/1340:26> »
The setup was there it's a shame when Earthdawn was done it wasn't tied in better.  Honestly sometimes if feels like someone sitting around with both books on table said. "Hey you know what this Earthdawn thing is sorta like what we had in mind for SR's past...Hmmm".

Having said that I like that SR has ties to the last age and I've never really had a problem with IE's or GD's.  Interaction has always been low with these beings usually a plot point as opposed to a goal or game changer.  Although I've found as players learn more about whats going on behind the scenes in SR they tend to seek out these power players.

Edit: We could form a dev team and set up a proposal for "Shadowrun The Fourth Age RPG" to Catalyst and clean up the tie ins !
Nah... You'd have to call it ShadowDawn or EarthRun or somethin'... ;)

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <09-10-10/1706:28> »
Earthrun - the dawn of shadows

Actually, that doesn't sound so bad at all...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #39 on: <09-10-10/1751:37> »
I don't know. I think ShadowDawn sounds better... More ominous.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #40 on: <09-10-10/1809:32> »
Or you could make a new name not useing either of the current names for current games.
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #41 on: <09-10-10/1810:44> »
Where's the fun in that? ;D

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #42 on: <09-10-10/1813:44> »
Let's call it Sparkles and really mess with people's heads.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #43 on: <09-10-10/1818:18> »
The proble with useing a combo name is some people who are hardcore fans of either would get all annoied at even the smallest of things that doesn't fit to what they know and then you end up with people causeing problems on fourms and what not or a game.

Sorry new name less headachs I just want to play! ;D
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #44 on: <09-10-10/1829:34> »
Ahh... The fans are going to get annoyed anyway since we're going to totally ignore back story and make the Horrors servants of The Beast and the PCs will be fighting them with swords & magic & a super-shuriken.

And I like the name Sparkles - really captures the feel of the setting.