NEWS

[recruiting] SRM03-05

• 81 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #75 on: <05-25-11/0658:42> »
Yurei is new to the shadows in seatless, and Reno is who got him working. Ha meet him through the yakuza to help pay off his debt
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

TCArknight

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <05-25-11/1208:44> »
I'd love to get in on this if possible.

I've got an idea for a Fomori Adept specializing in Stealth and investigation.

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #77 on: <05-25-11/1252:10> »
Another B&E? lol. You're welcome to send in a character to me. If the 5th player doesn't get back to me in a couple days then you'd be in, otherwise you'd be on the waiting list. If you do send in a character, for the sake of my time and going over it please either use DK's character builder excel sheet (found here) or Chummers Character Builder (found here) to make your character, or make it somewhere else and input it into one of those and then send me the save file (PM me for the email address to send it to).

TCArknight

• Newb
« Reply #78 on: <05-25-11/1338:34> »
Sounds good. :)

I'll try to get him together tonight when get home from work. This is the background I have in mind:

Born into the family of a UN Ambassador, Eugene Oscar Worthington grew up with the life a lot of kids would want. Travel, adventures, and new people were just the tip of the iceberg for he and his family. His family had no bias toward his being a Troll and his family made sure that he was well educated so that he didn't fall into the stereotypical archetype of a Troll being a big dumb brute. While he spent time at the University of Tokyo and at the Sorbonne in France, it was the program, cultures and history at Oxford and Cambridge in the UK that really grabbed Eugene's attention. History and Literature were his majors, but it was during his athletics classes that he discovered he had a series of magical talents.

Not wanting to draw attention to himself, he (along with a local mage) worked on shaping his talents to that of quiet stealth and unobtrusiveness. However, when his parents informed his him younger sister had gone missing, Eugene was forced to journey to Manhattan, the last place she had been seen. Once Eugene arrived, he realized that his normal amiable self wouldn't get him where he needed to be. So, using the name of his namesake, Oscar Wilde, Eugene began dressing in older, Victorian-styled clothing and using his abilities in the Shadows as he looked for leads on his sister. The latest word he has is that his sister is working in one of the Strip clubs in the City. He's hasn't had an opportunity to check out the rumor yet, but it's just a matter of time.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #79 on: <05-25-11/1340:51> »
Sorry, been getting ready for a new job.

I figure that my character is more or less fresh off the boat, unless someone wants differently.

Looks like I'm racing TCArknight.  May the best chummer win.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #80 on: <05-26-11/0157:51> »
Looks like we're good to go character wise.
Still need a blurb about the fixer for Nexus, Chains, and Druid. If I don't get a blurb, I'll wing it.

Set up the OOC/IC threads and get started later today (need sleep first tho).

fazzamar

• Newb
« Reply #81 on: <05-26-11/1222:35> »
Regarding Manhattan Passes we're going with the rules from SRM03's FAQ.
To expand on those rules though, any time you're in Manhattan it's against the law to not be broadcasting your SIN/Pass information. So if you're commlink is off or in hidden mode and you're on the street, you will be hassled/arrested/beat/some variance of. There are exceptions ofcourse (The Pit, Terminal, Penn Station). Also, keep in mind that Manhattan doesn't include the boroughs (Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island) and the laws in the boroughs are the same UCAS laws that we all know and love, so checking where any address is actually located would be a good idea.

Heres the "Passes and You" section from the SRM03 FAQ...

Passes and You (srm03)
Manhattan has several levels of passes that grant access to the
city and the services within, such as subway access.  These are
managed in game through lifestyles and fake licenses.
White and Blue passes are available as Lifestyles. A Luxury
lifestyle includes a White Pass. A High Lifestyle includes a
Blue Pass. These passes are included with the lifestyle at no additional cost.
If players want to purchase individual fake licenses, they may.
The permissions that come with each type of pass are explained as follows:

White Pass: The character is treated as a full-resident and has
full access to every neighborhood and unlimited access to the
train and subway system for themselves. Unlike commuters,
full-residents are able to access all stores and boutiques without restrictions.

Blue Pass with White Stripe: The character is treated as
a preferred commuter with regular passage to Manhattan.
While the character has full access to Manhattan’s neighborhoods and public services, such as, the train and subway, she
is considered part of the “bridge and tunnel” crowd and may
find that she is unwelcome in certain exclusive boutiques.

Blue Pass: The character is treated as a commuter with regular passage to Manhattan. While the character has full access
to Manhattan’s neighborhoods, the character only has access
to the train system taking them from the borough registered
as their residence to the neighborhood that their office building is in.

Red Pass:  The character is treated as a visitor to Manhattan.
While the character has full access to Manhattan’s public
neighborhoods, restricted areas such as Terminal are forbidden. The character has no access to subway or train systems
and must use the city’s taxi and air-taxi system.

Red Pass with Black Stripe:  The character is treated as a restricted access visitor to Manhattan. While the character has
access to three of Manhattan’s public neighborhoods, restricted areas such as Terminal are forbidden for restricted passes.
The character has no access to subway or train systems and
must use the city’s taxi and air-taxi system.

Black Pass: Considered a criminal by the Manhattan
Development Consortium, the character is permitted to
travel to a single neighborhood. A specific path from the character’s entry point to the neighborhood will be highlighted in
AR. If the character travels more than a few blocks off of the
path, NYPD, Inc. may be notified.

If a Visitor is outside of the neighborhood they are given clearance for, they may be stopped by NYPD, Inc. and questioned.
Also, certain stores and boutiques discern their clientele based
on the Pass that a client has. If a runner does not have an appropriate level Pass, access will be denied.
All passes are issued by members of the MDC and if a corporation discovers that a pass has been falsified in their name,
a runner may find their pass cancelled. Because of this, it is
recommended that runners not show a pass they wish to keep
while committing a crime.
Licenses for firearms, controlled substances, and restricted items purchased in Manhattan will apply throughout
Boroughs. It is important to note that some of the items that
you can license in Manhattan are still Forbidden outside of
the MDC’s control.