NEWS

The Rocky Dino Danger Hour (IC)

• 248 Replies

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« on: <03-02-11/1859:53> »
Dante's Inferno is a lot of things, but right now it's loud, loud enough to rattle your drinks.  And bright, strobes pulsing in beat to the music.  And it smells, a bouquet of interesting scents, perfumes, and people.  Touch costs extra.

You've got tickets to the most exclusive club in Seattle and the Johnson's not due until midnight.  What are you doing?
« Last Edit: <03-02-11/2015:07> by Rockopolis »
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1 on: <03-02-11/1937:41> »
Well well, so this is what this place looks like from the inside.
I've heard a lot about it on the 'Trix, people standing in line for hours, no hope of getting in but still bragging how cool they are, -almost- being inside the Inferno. And I got an invitation!
FaceSpace Profile update: "<3Aswan<3 is just LOVING the Inferno!".
The opaque box, taking almost a third of Silk's AR vision, gets 'minimized': still taking up a fifth of her vision in the lower right corner, so she wouldn't miss the jealous comments.

It's a strange feeling, finally getting in here but not being allowed to fully enjoy it. But business goes first, can't risk ruining my new career by never even starting it.
Still, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get some fun.
Guess I'll have a look around, find out who's buying me my next drink.

KittenCute7: "What? I don't believe it! Trids or you're lying!"
Hahaha, suckers.

Presidentevil133

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <03-02-11/2121:12> »
Nomad killed the Harley's engine with a thought and hopped off, turning his bike over to the valet and trying to ignore the shocked stares from the wannabe line. Most of the patrons at Dante's Inferno don't burn into the valet station at 110 mph before coming to an ear-splitting, tire-smoking 180 degree stop; then again, most patrons don't have the option of simply making their traffic tickets vanish into the electronic aether. He pinged the club's public node and presented it with the reservation ticket his fixer Rusty had given him. The club's admissions system confirmed he was on the list, and authorized him to bypass the line and use the VIP entrance.

A private table and VIP passes? This Johnson doesn't mess around. Hmm, I wonder if anyone else from the team is here yet...

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-02-11/2222:52> »
A glittery, flesh-flashing line of club kids, scenesters and other assorted nightlife stretches in front of the Inferno's entrance, hoping for admittance. Four feet of shaved head, tattooed dwarf in a sleek charcoal jumpsuit with luminescent piping weaves through the norms and other biggies. He collects plenty of stares as he's waved in to the club... does he know someone or is that look back in?

(Ubran explorer matrix searches spike briefly in the Seattle market.)

Juicer kills most of his AR links, keeping a small window up for any ladies responding to his NuZoosk profile, setting a SmartAlarm on his MSP messaging to alert him of communication from ID his fixer gave him, and roaming through the public levels of Dante's Inferno for people prioritizing dance above being seen. He finds it, the latest iteration of four-on-the-floor banging hardstyle blaring across the dancefloor, and loses himself to the music while waiting for the Johnson to corral him.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-03-11/0628:46> »
The last person she talked into buying her a drink -some girl with fluorescent tattoos on every visible square inch of skin and a rainbowcolored double mohawk, not really Silk's thing, but this girl managed to pull it off- started to feel a bit too confident about herself. Silk dumped her by letting herself be engulfed be the jumping masses and emerged a bit later on the other side of the dancing crowd, near the restrooms.
FaceSpace Profile Update: "<3Aswan<3  @ INFERNO!No, allowing you to buy me a drink does NOT mean allowing you to get in my pants!".  --  Attached, a few short trids showing the lights and dancing crowds and one pic of aforementioned girl with 'Better luck next time' stamped on it.

Silk almost runs into a dwarf -in a horribly outdated look, how'd he get in here?- on the way to the restrooms, failing to spot him behind the Inferno HotNews-box in the left corner of her vision. Doesn't look like he'd be the kind of dwarf taking 'Oops, didn't see you down there.' for an answer. She manages to dodge him, the back of her bright pink cloak (with purple flowers slowly moving in an enthrancing pattern) flowing over his head as she spins to the left.

FaceSpace Profile update: "LittleCrazy8@ Aswan: What? That worked last week!"

Still noone at the box. I guess everyone'll be wanting to check it out before showing themselves. Wonder who shows himself first. Guess I'll start preparing, don't want to be first, but certainly not last.

FaceSpace Message: "<3Aswan<3  @ INFERNO! I mean, it doesn't work automaticaly!".

Silk enters the little girls room, enters a free stall and locks the door behind her. Her hair immediately changes shape and color, from wavy blonde to straight black.
FaceSpace Profile Update: "<3Aswan<3 @ INFERNO! If I miss your message, it's because I'm partying too hard!".
Aswan's SIN shuts down. The flowery pattern on her pink cloak vanishes abruptly, the pink fades in brightness until it's pitch black. A few buttons fixed and straps tightened, the cloak changes from free flowing wide to tight enough to choke you. A new SIN gets booted.

PRO-File Profile Update: "Takada, preparing for important job interview. Wish me luck."

Silk unlocks the door, walks to the mirror and splashes some water in her face. A few seconds and wipes later, Aswan's makeup is removed from Takada's face, no more blush and mascara on her pale skin, bright green eyeshadow replaced with a few precise pencil strokes making her eyes appear more almond shaped.

PRO-File Message: "EvoJoe: At this hour? Not even hired and already a working over-time wageslave!"

She walks out with an air of invulnerability around her, walks through the crowd unhindered and orders a cocktail at the bar, keeping an eye on the empty booth and another on the crowd, searching for anyone else who seems interested in it.
She has to admit, Mr. Johnson scored some points arranging the meeting here... who knows he might eventually get her on the lower floors!
« Last Edit: <03-03-11/0750:36> by Xzylvador »

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <03-03-11/0714:20> »
Walking up to the door of Dante's Bolts gives all the poor slots in line a shit eating grin as he beams his pass from his commlink to the bouncer.  As he steps inside he can't help but think to himself that he's finely made it to the big time.  Taking a look around, wishing that he was here on his own time not business and that he would have got the recording unit for his eyes, after all none of his club buddies were gonna believe this.

Glancing around noticing that its no wonder he could never make it into Dante's before, not one person is wearing anything but the most bleeding edge fashion and here he is wearing leather pants a t-shirt and combat boots!  Deciding that he sticks out way to much he starts to head up to the booth figuring that being early is a sign of a pro, after all thats what they taught us back at Evo.
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Presidentevil133

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <03-03-11/0801:37> »
Scotch & soda in hand, Nomad meandered through the crowd, trying not to look too out of place. In meatspace he rocked a tshirt, jeans, leather jacket combo. Anyone looking in AR, though, would see the auroric tracery of Resonance across his skin, a neat little parlor trick he'd dusted off for this occasion that looked quite impressive as the rapidly shifting radiance reflected off other peoples AR and the images of clubgoers at the London and Hong Kong branches. Taking a sip of his drink, he meanders over to the bar, claiming a seat which gives him a good view of the private box without looking too obvious.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <03-03-11/0807:09> »
Entering the private both Bolts takes a seat looking out toward the rest of the Inferno.  Switching his vision briefly to AR seeing the intense scene before him, he quickly switches it off, way to much going on.  Deciding he needs a something to calm his nerves he link's in an order for a vodka double.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #8 on: <03-03-11/0833:01> »
On my way from the airport, I take my bag and guitar at the room I paid for month, take a shower and go straight to Dantes inferno. I`ll observe the crowd at the entrance for some minutes, then I come to bouncers, close enought to talk face to face with one of them:
"Good evening, gentlemen. My name is LochKid and I`m supposed to have a meeting at midnight. Could you please let me in and give me the directions?"

Then I got in and follow instructions to the meeting place. I filter out human voices to minimal level, just to know when somebody speaks to me directly, and amplify the music chanels, led by professional interest. When I get there, I`ll assense the astral, take a place at some random bar close by to have a clear view to the meting point, order Huntssman Cocktail and make myself comfortable. Then...I`ll wait and relax, observing the club, curriously, but unobtrusively, because I`m not here because of a fun...

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-03-11/0848:35> »
She spots Bolts long before he reaches the booth and groans inaudibly...

Isn't there a fashion police out there somewhere? They'd have a ball with this one. Sure, those pants are still in fashion in some circles, but I doubt he'd be happy knowing about that.

She sipped her cocktail and thought about it.

Sooo.. No sense of style but still getting inside the hottest place in town. Either some rich guy who suddenly decided that t-shirt and leather will become the next new trend, or a canditate for "Least subtle 'runner" of the year.

Ok, he's going straight for the booth. Yes, we have a winner.

PRO-File Profile Update: "Takada: Just saw a guy soliciting for the same job! If there aren't enough openings, by the looks of him he doesn't stand a chance ."

A few seats next to her, a strangely dressed guy takes place. She can't quite put her fingers on it, but there's something weird about those clothes.
Definately fashionable, those swirling images and colors around him, but I've never seen anything like it being sold anywhere before... maybe I should ask him for the designer.
Wait, no, Takada wouldn't do that, that's more Aswan's way of acting.

It never occurs to her to turn off her AR.

Obvious or not, he did walk straight to the booth and took a seat without missing a step. Does that mean experience, enough not to be nervous or care about social pressure at all, just here to do business? Or is he just as inexperienced as I am but out of his territory and a lot less cautious... Guess I'll find out soon enough.
« Last Edit: <03-03-11/0948:55> by Xzylvador »

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <03-03-11/0850:55> »
Noticing the number of looks he's getting Bolts sends a message to a friend of his to help him go shopping for some more stylish clothes as soon as possible.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #11 on: <03-03-11/1041:12> »
Unfortunately, the booth is currently occupied, or it could be empty; it's hard to tell, because either way they're closed and warded with all manner of privacy aids, most noticably, tinted glass.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #12 on: <03-03-11/1049:53> »
Not a problem until 00:00, when I take my drink ad go there.

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-03-11/1150:28> »
Juicer loses himself in dancing until midnight unless something noteworthy happens, barely breaking a sweat. Clubbing is just a light warmup when you are in superior physical condition and treat your body like a  temple.

Presidentevil133

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <03-03-11/1201:37> »
Nomad chuckled, pulsing slightly in tune with his laughter, watching Bolts try the booth's door. He raised his voice a little and called out to the elf: "Little early for that, dont'cha think?" before leaning back against the bar, taking another sip from his glass.