NEWS

[OOC+] European Vacation

• 376 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« on: <01-09-11/0723:31> »
As i wrote in the Black Book thread, I'm going to start a game here, trying to use my TriCity setting. As this will be my first PBF game in a while, and my first SR4 game at all, I'll probably make more than a few mistakes. So feel free to point them out, even if you're not playing. And my English isn't perfect - I'm just a small-time tech translator.

As for the game itself, it will be a mission in TriCity, tracking down and recovering a magical object from it's current owners. Your characters will be foreigners, without any solid knowledge of TriCity, but they'll be experienced runners (500 BP, Availability up to 16) wit top-notch gear. Off course, gear they can easily smuggle into a foreign free-state. I'll try to post as often as i can, but beween the time difference (I'm at +1 GMT), and my work line it can happen that i won't be able to do it on a daily basis. But usually when I'm available i can post a few times.

I'm going to answer any questions and/or suggestions in this thread, and it's open to the public. Feel free to comment here on the state of the game also.

« Last Edit: <01-13-11/0723:38> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Yun

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-09-11/0951:37> »
I'd like to express interest in this.

Anything particular you are looking for (or not) regarding character choice and creation?

[EDIT: 500 BP - does this mean 250 for stats or is the standard 200 points limit still valid?]
« Last Edit: <01-09-11/0954:17> by Yun »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #2 on: <01-09-11/1022:09> »
I don't want any changelings, or other meta-metavariants. Other than that, it's your choice. And yes, only half of the BP pool can go to stats.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Yun

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <01-09-11/1028:30> »
By "changeling" you mean SURGE, correct?

* prepares to toss concept he's been working on into the virtual trash *

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #4 on: <01-09-11/1051:58> »
Yes. You can post your character on the Character creation and critique board, to get feedback from other users.
« Last Edit: <01-09-11/1053:35> by Kot »

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <01-09-11/1254:07> »
Thanks for starting this game, Kot!
Edited for GM's specifications: removed lifestyle, added a jammer, and more drugs! Maybe Yani will pass them around.  8)
Edited to follow GM's advice on contacts, removed most and added some skills, and another point of edge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Tieleran Fialonne
Alias: Yani
Race: Elf (30 BP)
Sex: Male
Nationality: Tir Tairngire
Lifestyle: Middle
Karma Spent: XXXXX
Physical Description: This young elven man has beautiful, long dark hair. He has some of it drawn into separate locks by runed jewelry. The look in his eye could easily be mistaken for snobbery, but a closer look or a casual conversation would reveal pity for those around him, and not an ounce of compassion. He has the intense focus of a corporate business man, but still retains a bit of the relaxed nature of the average college student.
Personality/background: Raised by a family of wage-slaves in Seattle, Tieleran was angry with society. He felt that his family was being forced to live the life of cattle, and he refused to be like them. During his adolescence, he retreated into researching the history of the elves and his ancestral line.
     In his research, he fell upon the myths of the ancient immortals, and fell in love with the thought of ancient elves, wise and powerful, ruling the ancient world, and the present one. One day he fell upon the story of a wise elven matriarch of old that was magically inept, but was a great military leader. She became a legend when she led her troops to successfully defend the land against a technologically advanced, imperialistic human empire. Her people eventually gave birth to some of the more powerful mages of ancient times. Some elven historians even credit her with the survival of elven culture and heritage. The name of this elven matriarch was Feralia.
     Being a mundane himself, Tieleran felt a connection with this matriarch. Perhaps he can help lead elves to their rightful place, ruling the present world.
     While on his search for more information on this Matriarch, the Matrix Crash 2.0 occurred, and he found himself wandering the virtual realm of the matrix, still searching. He slipped into a dream like state, drifting on the ebb and flow of the matrix, and found a voice speaking to him. "Tieleran, if you are to help lead the elves to a new era, you will need my guidance." Suddenly an aged female elf appeared to him wearing full plate-male etched with elven runes. "You may be one of my champions of the matrix, if you wish. However, know that the price of failure is death." Overwhelmed with awe, Tieleran kneeled and said, "I will follow you, Feralia."
     Tieleran woke in the hospital, but the world was different. He could feel the insides of the instruments around him. He could even control them! Remembering Feralia's instruction to keep his new powers a secret; he kept his impulse to manipulate the instruments at bay.
     Tieleran learned to control his powers, and under the guidance of Feralia, he learned to call upon ancient immortal elves that resided in the matrix. From the safety of his own home, he found himself sabotaging anti-metahuman and anti-elf organizations. He would also sell valuable information to various elven terrorist groups. By the time he was old enough to move out of his parent's apartment, he was ready to begin a lucrative career in the shadows of the matrix.
     His alias comes from a human composer that was famous around the turn of the century. Tieleran has no idea who the composer is, and is a little annoyed when "more experienced" folk in his line of work collectively call him by this name, then laugh. He decided to adopt the alias since it seemed the only natural thing to do.
Paragon: Feralia (01 Hybrid) - Advantage: +1 dice pool for compiling and registering sprites of any type.
                            Disadvantage: Must spend 2 points of edge to negate a glitch or downgrade a critical glitch.
Stream: Champions of Feralia (Technoshaman Hybrid)
                      Fading: Charisma + Resonance
                     Sprites: Tutor, Paladin, Sleuth, Code, Tank
        - This is a stream exclusive to elven technomancers. Followers of this stream believe that they must do anything they can to advance elves in society. They believe that one day, elves will rule the world, and metahumanity will be their servants. They either work alone or as a secretive group. They go to great lengths to prevent outsiders from knowing their nature as a technomancer. They are also very careful not to reveal their goals to outsiders. They believe that sprites are the digital echos of the immortal elves that reside within the matrix, and are to be respected. Champions of Feralia believe that their emergence is due to the instruction of Feralia. They believe that their power over technology is granted as a blessing. They also believe that turning their back on Feralia and her cause would make them loose their connection to the resonance.

Attributes (235 BP)

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeResonanceEssenceInitiative

Positive Qualities (10 BP)
Technomancer 5 BP
Paragon      5 BP
Negative Qualities (-10 BP)
Prejudiced -10 BP (Target Group: non-elves  Degree: biased)
Active Skills (168 BP)
Tasking Skill Group4
Cracking Skill Group4
Electronics Skill Group4
Dodge(Ranged)3(5)
Pistols(Semi-Automatics)3(5)
Infiltration(Suburban)2(4)
Perception(Visual)2(4)
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Elven History3
Elven Activist Groups3
Anti-Elven Activist Groups3
Anti-Metahuman Activist Groups3
Elven Safehouses2
Language Skills
EnglishN
Sperethiel4

Complex Forms (48 BP)
Complex FormRatingNotes
Analyze6XXXXX
Edit6XXXXX
Stealth6XXXXX
Spoof6XXXXX
ECCM6XXXXX
Exploit6XXXXX
Command6XXXXX
Attack6XXXXX

Gear (50000„) (10BP)
Fake SIN Rating 55000„
Colt Manhunter300„
APDS Rounds x 30210„
Personalized Grip(Colt Manhunter)100„
Hidden Gun Arm Slide(Colt Manhunter)350„
Fake License Rating 5(Colt Manhunter)500„
Form Fitting Full-Body Suit1600„
Gel Packs(Body Suit)1500„
Fake license Rating 5(Gel Packs)500„
Ruthenium Polymer Coating(Body Suit)7500„
Fake license Rating 5(RP Coating)500„
Thermal Damping Rating 6(Body Suit)3000„
Street Clothing100„
Contact Lenses Rating 3150„
Image Link (Contacts)25„
Vision Enhancement Rating 3(Contacts)300„
Thermographic Vision (Contacts)100„
Glasses Rating 375„
Vision Magnification(Glasses)150„
Flare Compensation (Glasses)50„
Ultrasound(glasses)1,000„
Earbuds Rating 220„
Audio Enhancement Rating 3 (Earbuds)300„
Spatial Recognizer (Earbuds)100„
Medkit Rating 6600„
Medkit Supplies x 10500„
Middle Lifestyle (One Month)5000„
Tag Eraser150„
Datachip x 55„
Certified Credstick25„
Keycard Copier Rating 61800„
Maglock Passkey Rating 510000„
Sequencer Rating 51000„
Cellular Glove Molder Rating 3600„
Hermes Ikon3000„
Novatech Navi1600„
Subvocal Microphone50„
Skinlink50„
Satellite Link500„
Jazz x 10750„
Fake License Rating 5 (Jazz)500„
Leftover290„
XXXXXXXXXX„

Bodyware
CyberwareEssenceCostNotes
Tooth Breakable Compartment0500„Holds a dose of Jazz

Contacts
ContactC/L
Fixer6/3

Build Point totals:  500 = 30 + 235 + 10 + 168 + 48 + 10 + 9 -10
« Last Edit: <01-10-11/1735:59> by joe15552 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #6 on: <01-09-11/1417:48> »
Character approved. Just reassign the many for Lifestyle - you won't need that. Keep in mind you'll be going abroad, into unknown, and possibly wild teritory.. As for the leftovers, everything below 1k you get to keep.
I'll try to get a separate sub-forum for the game. I hope the Admins will be so kind, because with that much games going it'll be a mess in here.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #7 on: <01-09-11/1450:07> »
I'd like to join :)
- last time I played shadowrun it was probably 15 years ago
- need to create a character
- I am from Poland (but I've been to TriCity only briefly), I can play a local contact
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #8 on: <01-09-11/1649:14> »
Oh, that would be swell. Too good even, so you can play someone who knows Poland and Polish, maybe a second-gen immigrant, or someone with Polish roots. And someone wants an outsider for the job. A large part of the story will be connected to it.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #9 on: <01-09-11/1734:21> »
:) be my guest, but if so I'd need to be someone more than the average brute - I'll go for a low budget char (it's Poland anyway) - I was thinking about occult investigator type or an adept. But lemme think on that a little.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <01-09-11/2003:32> »
I'd like to throw my name in, just need to work up a character, likely a Gun-bunny/face type.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-09-11/2231:24> »
I'd also like to throw my name out there as well, and since i'm late to the party i'll take whatever role is left available.
« Last Edit: <01-09-11/2241:24> by Boer_Kommando »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-09-11/2327:12> »
If you have room, I'd very much like to join. I picked up the Shadowrun book on a whim a few days ago, and I've been devouring it ever since. I really want to give the game a try.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <01-10-11/0653:59> »
So, for now we have a five-man team. I'm waiting for characters then, and we'll go from there. I don't need concepts as extensive as Joe's, but they'll be much appreciated.
As i wrote - you can always post them on the Character critique board and get some feedback.

Uncle Vabka

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <01-10-11/0705:07> »
I am interested as well. Is it too late to join in?

Couple of questions -

1) SR4 or SR4A?
2) Free Spirits a possibility?
3) Any specific role you want me to fill? If not, I will go make myself a magic guy of some type...