NEWS

[IC] Road to Redmond -- Finished

• 751 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <09-11-10/2107:06> »
[OOC: Summon watcher Summoning 1+Magic 2 = 3 dice 3d6.hits(5)=1, so your watcher can last up to 1 hour.  Drain is 1S.  Resist drain (i'll assume it's Will+Cha since you haven't specified your tradition) Will 4 + Cha 5=9 9d6.hits(5)=5.  You resist drain completely]

@Cynthia:  You close your eyes and whisper familiar words in Sioux, calling out to the meta-plane of the Black-crow Medicine Lodge.  When you open your eyes you see the faint glowing outline of a Raven and then you loose sight of it as it fades back into the astral plane and follows Germaine.  Through it's ears you can't tell who he's talking to but you hear him dropping big words like "aggregate supply and demand" or "crowding out currency traders with export incentives".  It just sounds like regular ol' business to you.
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1029:12> by inca1980 »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #31 on: <09-11-10/2115:34> »
[OOC: Mercede's Judge Intentions roll (how did you get Cha of 8?  You do apply Kinesics to you're judge intentions roll, but that doesn't mean it has made your Cha attribute 8...i.e. you couldn't spend 45 Karma to take Cha to 9)  Cha 5? +Kinesics 3 + Int 4 = 12 dice  12d6.hits(5)=2]

@Mercedes:  Usually you know how to read corp types like a book, especially one's like Germaine who you can tell lives his  whole life knowing only the golden cage of corporate citizenship....but this guy's actually pretty hard to get a feeling for.  Maybe it's cuz Visteon's corporate culture in particular seems to do a really good mind-fuck.

[OOC: Charisma -- 3 (Starting for Elf) + 5 (65 Karma) = 8 + 4 (Int) + 3 (Kinesics) = 15   I didn't realize Kinesics added to my judge intentions, I thought it only subtracted others from judging my intentions.]

Sighs as Germaine leaves, then looks down at B.B., smiling that damn disarming smile of hers, "I realize you are simply looking for information to complete the job B.B., but could you try not to tick off every Johnson who wants to hire us?"

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <09-11-10/2233:05> »
(o.o.c. I put shamatic tradition on the character sheet in parenthesis after mystic adept)

O.K. well I'll keep the watcher around for the hour and listen in on what everyone talks about in the car and at his house.

I'm going to use a basic seattle geography map program to bring up the address that the son was last seen at. While the party looks at the room in his house I'll look into the apartment where the coms went dead

"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <09-12-10/0011:04> »
Woofer sighs as he opens the trunk for Cynthia, "We'll call you when we're done."
he looks at Germaine, "Should I follow you, or should we ride with you?"

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #34 on: <09-12-10/0559:50> »
[OOC:  Woohoo!  Critical success!  Good call on the "linked skills" portion of the rule, btw.  I wasn't thinking about it being a special case attribute-only test.  :o  Though, "gut instincts" do still come from your brain. ;)

B.B. chuckles a little. "You know how I work Mercedes.  Observe at baseline, then apply a little pressure and see how he reacts.  It's very scientific.."  His grin spreads like a red wound on his pale little face.  "Besides, there's nothing I like more than seeing a racist little nazi squirm.  And this one is squirming like crazy.  When he comes back in, don't watch his eyes.  The whole "window to the soul" thing presupposes that the person in question has a soul.  Instead, watch his hands and the sweat on his neck.  Oh man, his neck..  When he realized Cynth didn't have a SIN (when did that get burned anyway?) his left sternomastoid muscle twitched so hard that I think he might have pulled that whole side of his face.  I tell you, this guy is a joy to work with."
« Last Edit: <09-21-10/1659:08> by Kontact »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <09-12-10/1149:51> »
Mercedes chuckles, Now he's giving me pointers on how to read people?

"Thanks, B.B. I'll try to remember that..."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-12-10/1203:35> »
Germaine: "You should ride with me so that you can pose as 'outside consultants.'  I have a custom of moving extended business meetings over to my penthouse so that my associates and I can enjoy a more relaxing environment."

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <09-12-10/2141:16> »
Woofer nods, and grabs his own kit, "We'll meet you later, stay frosty and watch your back alright?" *nods to Germaine he's ready to go*

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #38 on: <09-12-10/2330:43> »
Mercedes nods that she's ready as well.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <09-13-10/0204:39> »
@Cynthia:  As you come out from under the awning in front of L'armoire you notice the rain is now coming down in full force.  As you bee-line it to Woofer's vehicle your clothes start to soak through and you can't wait to get out of this stuffy suit and into your real 'working' clothes.  You pop open the unlocked trunk and grab your duffle bag as you verbally command your commlink to hail a Gridcab.  After 2 minutes of standing shivering in the rain, a driverless mercury comet with an illuminated "Gridcab" sign perched on it's roof pulls over and you quickly hop-in and close the door, not even waiting for the cab to pull off before you start tearing at your clothes.  "1324 184th SE st. Apt. 7, Renton" you holler at the often glitchy auto-cabby software...every detail of every ARO picture or file which Germaine referenced etched indelibly in your awakened mind..."hah...un-professional...if he only knew" you utter to yourself under your breath as the cab speeds off into the rain.

@Woofer, Mercedes, B.B. and Cynthia through her Watcher: A human driver dressed in black, with black leather gloves and raindrops streaming down his silver-tinted sunglasses beckons you into the back of a Mitsubishi Nightsky.  Germaine quickly finishes his call and remains silent as you stretch out in the comfortable, if not over-sized leather seats; his nervousness palpable.  The limo makes it's way west past 3 blocks of sky-scrapers and residential high-rises sculpted into an impressive plasti-crete and steel network of cutting-edge architecture.  The city street reaches a T-intersection with a downward sloping ramp straight ahead which dives under a 4 city-block-wide, ten-story high bulwark.  Once the limo crosses under the bulwark, it passes under an overhead sign that says "Overlake Corporate Park" and the ramp rises up to a road which runs out onto 5 green acres of tidily dispersed cylindrical high-rise buildings clustered into different groups which all overlook lake washington.  You approach another AR decorated sign which has various corporate names with arrows giving directions...one of them pointing to "Visteon Residential Campus."  

[OOC: Mercedes Assensing 3+Intuition 4 = 7 dice 7d6.hits(5)=1]

Mercedes opens her perception to the astral plane as she usually does when going someplace new to her, and as the limo reaches the security booth she makes out a bluish-purple dome of slowly swirling mana enveloping a group of 3 cylindrical high-rises connected by walkways at various levels which make up the Visteon residential campus.  She quickly txts Cynthia to call off the watcher spirit which is perched on Germaine's shoulder...and as soon as the message is received, the astral raven flies out of the limo going right through the roof just before the vehicle passes through the mana ward.  

[OOC: SIN scan device rating 2  2d6.hits(5)=1.  Mercedes fake SIN rating 3: 3d6.hits(5)=0, Woofers fake SIN rating 4:4d6.hits(5)=1 , B.B.'s fake SIN rating 4: 4d6.hits(5)=0.]  

A guard in a rain poncho steps out of the security booth and makes his way to the window next to Germaine.
Guard: "Good afternoon Mr. Robinson, we have two individuals who's PAN's are not broadcasting valid SIN's, we do not want to hold you up at all but we need to make sure that all guest ID's are properly logged into the guest book so we would like to run another scan and ask some confirmation questions."

The guard smiles nervously at Germaine.
Guard: "Sometimes these scanners go a little on the fritz, especially during inclement weather....i'm sure everything is in order and i'll be done in just a second"  

You all notice the blood drain from Germaine's face as his glance flashes toward you...not even a hint of anger on it, simply the sweat of raw terror which he is trying to subdue with everything he's got.  

Germaine:  "....Very well then....do what you need to do."

The back window of the limo slides down and the guard's chipper attitude despite all the rain almost makes you feel sorry for him.  Sorry for the inevitable fate which will sadly have to befall him should this second round of scans not check out...he's probably got a nice little  family down in the blue collar neighborhoods of Renton....they'll wonder why it's already dinner-time and daddy's not home yet...there'll be calls...then the sound of wailing as a home-comm receiver hits the floor.  You really hope it doesn't have to end like this for him and his family as he takes out a pocket scanner and an electronic purr of encryption algorithms relaying data to and from KE data-bases indicates the initiation of another scan.....

[OOC: Mercedes and B.B., roll your fake SIN ratings again against a SIN scanning device rating 2.  Woofer, do a Logic+Willpower(2) test to pass a series of questions the guard asks you since you tied on the ID check roll.  You guys can use edge if you want to....or do whatever else you'd like to do]

« Last Edit: <09-13-10/0405:18> by inca1980 »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #40 on: <09-13-10/0433:08> »
[OOC: 4d6.hits(5) → [6,1,6,3] = (2)  Heh.  This is why I houserule a fake SIN rating as a threshold for an extended test (which a scanner can roll every # minutes so long as he/it is suspicious.)  Otherwise, you burn a 4,000¥ SIN getting a Chippie Meal at the local Stuffer Shack. 

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <09-13-10/0614:04> »
[OOC: 2nd SIN verification scan rating 2 on B.B. 2d6.hits(5)=0]

Guard @ B.B.:  "There we go, now it's working..... you have a good day Mr. Patterson." 
He looks over at Mercedes and Woofer, waiting for her scan to complete and his ARO of questions to be filled out.

« Last Edit: <09-13-10/0617:14> by inca1980 »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #42 on: <09-13-10/0941:57> »
Sonova...

SIN roll3d6.hits(5)=0

Mercedes smiles at the guard, "I'm sorry, officer. It might also be my commlink. It's been on the fritz the last few days and I simply haven't had a chance to take it to the store for a new one."

Con roll to allay suspicion of fake SIN. (16d6.hits(5)=4)

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <09-13-10/1047:59> »
Woofer responds to every single standard KE question.  "If that answers everything, get out of the rain, this crap sucks."

((OOC: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2686111/ , here's the roll.))

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <09-13-10/1659:04> »
[OOC: Mercedes has a +2 modifier for being sexy i.e. he's attracted to her but a -3 because the results would be harmful to the guard for a total of -1 modifier.  So the way we said in the OOC thread that i'll do it is i'll just knock off dice from your roll starting from the last die rolled....this would be equivalent to a reroll.  [5,6,4,2,2,2,2,4,2,1,1,6,1,2,5,3] was the roll so knocking off the last 3 doesn't change anything and you still have 4 hits.]

[OOC: Rolling to check for critical success by Mercedes.  The guard has Charisma 3 + Defaulting -1=2 2d6.hits(5)=1[/url]]

Guard: "Oh boy....let's see here...."  He taps his scanner while nervously looking around.  "You know what....I'm pretty sure it's this scanner, i bet your commlink is just fine and I wouldn't worry about it....this thing goes on the fritz from time to time, so here's what i'll do.  I'll let you get on with your business Ms. Baccarin and in 20 minutes or so I will personally come to Mr. Robinson's penthouse and scan you into the system with one that actually works.  Wouldn't want you to have to go through any more hassle with retroactive paperwork by not being signed in as a valid guest.  Let me just get your name down...thats's Morena Baccarin, am I right?  Well thanks so much and I'll be seeing you in just a little bit!"  He looks over at Woofer, "Mr. Potter, you're good to go too!" 

He smiles broadly and waves you guys through the checkpoint.

Germaine glares at you.  "Wonderful....are the whole lot of you a bunch of illegal immigrant squatters?!  You know what.... I'm not even going to think about it anymore or I'm going to have friggin' aneurysm!!  I'm just going to stay calm..."

He starts trying to breath deeply.  It's almost hard for you to keep from bursting out into laughter as you see an elf who obviously prides himself on his cool, calculating, composure on the verge of an anxiety attack.  He starts muttering to himself,

"Ok, this simply means i'm going to have to fill out a little paper-work once you leave....right?...these things happen.  Sometimes scanners go on the fritz...right?"

The Robinson's penthouse is on the 15th floor of the western tower overlooking Washington lake .  From his expansive living room window you can see across the lake the magnificent downtown Seattle in the dreary distance, teaming with drones hovering about and helicopters shuttling corporate executives from sky-scraper to sky-scraper.  He leads you through his massive penthouse apartment and takes you to Jeshua's room at the end of a corridor right next to an old grandfather clock which reads 1:35 pm. 

Germaine: "I will wait in the living room just in case the security guard arrives early.  If he does come i'll come get you as the drone answers the door.  Please, please try to be quick and hopefully we can be out of here before we have to meet that idiotic guard again."

[OOC: Rolling an unnamed knowledge skill which nobody has against a threshold of 2.  Using team's highest intuition (B.B.) 5 + Teamwork 2 + Defaulting -1=6 dice (TH 2) 6d6.hits(5)=1]

As you enter Jeshua's room the aroma of air freshener tinged with some other curious smell none of you recognizes fills your nostrils.  The room is rather small and a complete mess.  Weeks old dirty laundry covers everything ...desks, chairs, the bed and the especially the floor.....it seems like Jeshua ordered the cleaning drone to always skip over his room. 

[OOC: if you want to strip search Jeshua's room, have Woofer roll for the team an Intuition 4+Perception 4+Forensic Science K.Skill 3+Teamwork 2=13 (12, 5 min.)  extended test with (-1 DP for each roll) and report each roll.  Let me know anything else you 3 in the Penthouse want to do.]

@Cynthia: 
You have the Gridcab drop you you off 2 blocks from the address...it's 1:35 PM.  This neighborhood is bordered on three sides with Bellevue to the west, the rest of Renton to the south and Redmond to the east....and it shows.  It doesn't look gang-controlled like Redmond, but is still really down on it's luck.  Most of the people you saw on the way in are metahumans...and not of the "pretty" type like you.  You feel somewhat out of place walking past the massively corpulent troll sitting next to you on the ground.  He's propped up against one of the towering support pillars holding up I-90 which passes overhead keeping this little area relatively dry.  His dozing is occasionally interrupted by a stiff breeze which he responds to by drowsily pulling in the pieces of cardboard which he uses as a make-shift blanket. 

A group of 3 teenaged orks are loitering across the street while a scruffy dwarf with a red beard and a tatooed shaved head is telling them something which causes the whole bunch to burst into laughter.  Then the dwarf turns around and looks over at you. 

[OOC: Rolling a street etiquette roll for Cynthia: Cha 5 + Etiquette 1 +out of place -2=4  4d6.hits(5)=1.  Perception check by ork: Cha 2 + Etiquette 1 (Street +2)=5 5d6.hits(5)=2]

You see that familiar look in his eyes of someone who can tell you don't belong in these types of neighborhoods.  He doesn't make any advances over to you, but he just keeps on staring and you can feel his eyes trailing you as you decide to just keep on walking  and make your way towards the address. 

« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1035:47> by inca1980 »