NEWS

Favorite and most stylish blunt weapons

• 46 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #15 on: <09-01-17/1340:42> »
Wow, thank you.  That compliment made my day...  I'm sure other people feel the same way about what makes the stereotypical ganger weapon something special.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #16 on: <09-01-17/2039:30> »
Well, yeah, baseball bat has 'ganger' written all over it.  In fact, my only ganger character was a shaman (3e) with 'Dago Wolf' (somewhere between Wolf and Dog) as a totem; his favorite spell was 'Wrecker' (essentially Powerbolt, only vs. vehicles), for which he had a spellcasting focus - a baseball bat.  They called him 'Doorman' because one of the quirks of his magic was that the first stage of damage to the vehicle would result in at least one of its doors getting ripped off.

The Leathercoats was a great gang; they were kind of a 'social/neighborhood protection' gang; to join you had to be able to make at least a jacket (which they then sewed onto an armored jacket) out of the skins of animal threats you'd killed.  Most of them started out with devil rat jackets, but you could, of course, upgrade as you killed nastier threats.  While generally sentients like ghouls didn't count, Doorman had a longcoat made from the hide/pelt of a bandersnatch.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <09-02-17/0857:51> »
Metahuman.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #18 on: <09-11-17/1533:12> »
@ tequila

You mean something like my assault troll character picking up one secguy, bashing another with him, then throwing the secguy at  the third secguy, through a cubicle wall? It worked , taking out all three secguys.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <09-12-17/1336:48> »
Pretty much.  ;D
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-13-17/2127:39> »
I was flipping through the new Complete Trog book last night when I noticed a new weapon for our larger brethren. It's almost interesting enough to design a character around, especially if you're playing Prime Runner and can go to Availability 15 without picking up Restricted Gear.

The Osmium Mace's attributes vary depending on the strength of the character:

OSMIUM MACE
Accuracy - 3 if Strength 4 or lower
Accuracy - 4 if Strength 5 or 6
Accuracy - 5 if Strength 7 or higher

Damage - (STR+2)P if Strength 4 or lower
Damage - (STR+4)P if Strength 5 or 6
Damage - (STR+6)P if Strength 7 or higher !

Reach 2

AP -1

Availability 14R

Cost ¥5,500

Can you imagine one of these as a weapon focus? I can! Now I just have to decide what it looks like...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #21 on: <09-13-17/2340:43> »
Just remember that when you are both a Mage and knocking tanks through other tanks, that means everyone doubles down on the part about geeking you first.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Bald Man

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <09-14-17/0805:55> »
With the Troll's priority challenges the new "Aware" magic choice becomes a real boon.  If all you are looking for is astral perception and the ability to have a weapon focus you are good.  Again, with the troll taking A or B and attributes probably taking the other, you won't have a lot of nuyen for ware, gives you plenty of time post gen to buy up magic as you consume essence. 

Trollzerker

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <10-22-17/1234:30> »
Would have really loved a picture of the osmium mace. With a reach of 2 we can agree that it is a two handed weapon can we not.

Thinking about making a dwarf with high strength swinging around one of these monsters.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <12-17-17/2349:31> »
What? No 'bones of my enemies' mentioned yet?  ;)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #25 on: <12-19-17/1544:23> »
I always liked the kitchen sink from the Plastic Warriors way back when.
Now I guess the trog mace will do ^^
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Bioborg

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <12-20-17/0040:12> »
Troll Phys-Ad - wielding any miscellaneous civilian that's too stupid to run when all hell breaks out, or a random Sec Guard if in a corp facility (their Armor sometimes adds a little extra oomph to the hit)...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #27 on: <12-20-17/0959:10> »
Always been a fan of wooden kanabō, myself.

But I did have a pair of contacts named Krunch and Klubb who were created after my group found "Metahuman Body" as an improvised weapon in the SR4 rules.  Guess what they did.   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #28 on: <12-20-17/1331:27> »
Canray, see my comment above. That actually happened in a game.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #29 on: <12-21-17/1234:53> »
Canray, see my comment above. That actually happened in a game.
These were friends that were contacts for my group.

Klubb liked being used as a club and thrown at enemies.  He was a huge Marvel fan and enjoyed being a IRL (In Shadowrun) Fastball Special.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11