NEWS

[SR4] Sentry Turrets

• 7 Replies

Prudentia

• Newb
« on: <09-19-13/1322:38> »
So i made some Little Toys to have some fun with additional Guns that are not drones and can be used to guard Areas for some cheap Money

The first one is fitted with an Ares MP-LMG
->Hip Pad Bracing System (Default)
->Smart Firing Platform
->Laser Sight (Default)
->Gas Vent 2 (Default)
->Smart gun System
->Pilot 3
->Chameleon Coating
->Weapon Personality
->Voice
last one are mostly just for the Portal vibe and are not even that expensiv
should i add some additional stuff that helps the AI? is something worthless for a statonary platform?

The second one is a Long Range firesupport Ares Desert Strike
->Stock (Default)
->Shock pad (Default)
->Imaging Scope (Default)
->Smart Firing Platform
->Barrel Extension (Default)
->Pilot 3
->Chameleon Coating
Same questions :)

i'm thinking of adding a Safe target System to both and buying some RFIDs for my Group, do i Need additional sensors for that? are those not neccesary?

ty Pru

Vass654

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-23-13/2328:05> »
Gecko tips for the platforms if your DM allows it. It's basically a small immobile drone, so I figure you should be able to mod it up like a small drone, and giving it the ability to stick anywhere and be invisible is crazy.

Sadly, Chummer won't let you mod the platform.

Also, I had the thought of several of those, hardwired/wirelessly linked, with, I forgot the program, but making them into portable CIWS mounts using LMGs, as well as indirect fire support using grenade launchers (Airburst and Mercy-soft makes them extra tasty). Externally Slink the Desert Strike and slap on a dual mag feeding system for extra fun.

Oh, and tacsoft.

EDIT: Helps if I actually maybe try to answer your question, no? I think you'd need some kind of RFID scanner, or tacsoft the suckers so it knows where you're at. (Was what I did when I used them)

Also, if you're worried about hackers/deckers, make them hardline with fiber optics, going to either a central commlink node, or to a decker/hacker that's chilling away from the fight. All depends on what you want to do with them.
« Last Edit: <09-23-13/2331:52> by Vass654 »

Prudentia

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-25-13/0548:27> »
the tips might be a good idea, especially on the Desert strike. just pin that thing on a wall and watch it pop some skulls. but i'm not to sure if i really need it, because i have the same weapons on my hoverdrones. but he already told me that it would be allowed if i wanted ( he told me before i saw your answer... dem stalkers...)

i guess just adding the tips to the gun would work.

well that is what i wnated them for, place them, and then comback later and collect the good stuff from the corpses.

uhm what book is tacsoft in? can't remember that atm and i'm mobile so can't check

ah yes there was a rfid scanner, i guess putting them on the smartgun system would be enough ( i bought 100 rfids, had 5¥ left)

and i assume our 5th party member might do decking so i can even take some BP in electronic skills and get more rigging skills

Vass654

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-25-13/2203:05> »
TacSoft is in Unwired.

Personally, the one time I went to use the smart firing platforms, was with the ITS Gonryu, the full auto grenade launcher, firing a mix of WP and Frag as an area denial weapon, and I had two of them, so life was amusing. They are nice if you're taking and holding an objective, but it's all up to whatever game you're playing. I just love gecko stuff, since once you start thinking outside the box with it, you can do some crazy shit.

Gecko tips + SFP + LMG = Remote weapons mount for any vehicle, free(ish) of charge. Slap on 4 of them on a Bulldog when you're rolling into Barrens or something that you're gonna want firepower on. Remove when you head into corp territory.

Hell, if your DM allows it, take the walker mod for them. Let them crawl over the vehicle and re-position themselves as needed.

Prudentia

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-26-13/0556:07> »
hm k than i have to look for the pdf for that, as far as i know the GM wanted to use it, i just had enough with augmentation and Arsenal for my first game. but i guess with 2 platforms and 2+ drones a soft would be kinda advantageous.

well the campaign is set in venice so sadly no car and the GM already told me that he is tempted to give us access to an Assault Cannon in a warm up run. so we would kinda have some bigguns, but i guess more Dakka is more Dakka. will definitely remember that weapon setup. so thanks for that.

hm i'll ask him, maybe i scratch the sniper drone in favour of another sentry with walker mod, would make a good gunboat.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #5 on: <10-06-13/1740:55> »
Lockheed Arachne from War. Done.

-k

Vass654

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-09-13/2117:45> »
Unless you look at availability. 12F for the SFP, 4 for the walker mod. 26F for the Arachne. You get the Clearsight 4, +1 Pilot, +1 Sensor and +1 Targeting over a SFP with walker mod.

Granted, the Arachne is cheaper, but is also way harder to get, and it's milspec tech, where depending on the campaign, could get your butt in a major sling.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #7 on: <10-11-13/0223:10> »
Yah, definately post creation gear. 26 Avail isn't horribly difficult for a decent face to hit on an extended test, though.