L 3
I 3
C 5
Edge 2 Magic 6

Limits
P 6 (8 sneak) M 5 S 7

Qualities
Catlike -7
Mentor Spirit - Rat/Mouse (working on something other than + toxins others apply) - 5
Astral Chameleon -10
Corporate Sin +15
Social Stress (Crowds) +8

Adept Powers
Imp Reflex x3 -3.5
Danger Sense x2 -.5
Traceless walk -1
Improved Agility -1

Skills
Summoning 5
Spell casting 4
Binding 3
Banishing 2
Sneaking 6 (+2 urban)
Pistols 3 (+2 Ap)
Gymnastics 4
Counter spell 2

Palming 1

Knowledge
Corporate 2
Street gangs 2
Break Dancing 2

Contacts
Decker (Smoky) 6/6
Mr. Johnson 1/2
Talismonger 2/1

Spells
Shadow
Trid Phantasm
Imp Agi
Influence
Heal
Ice sheet
Armor

Gear
Chameleon suit
Aries Pred
Renaku Sensei

Raised by talented magic users in the corporate environment was going well for young Secret until shortly after her thirteenth birthday. She woke up one morning and her parents were gone. She stared off in a nice orphanage near her parents old company but was transferred the second day to one further away. This kept happening until she ended up in the well intentioned but inexperienced orphanage on the outskirts of town. It was here she first met Mouse, the tiny spirit who manifested itself in a closet one night where she was hiding from the nurse. Mouse was her friend through those hard 3 years but the dangers of being a beautiful young orphan being cared for by inexperienced and unorganized employees finally caught up to her. She just awoke one day inside a grain bin. they must have drugged her while sleeping. She quickly prepped her mind for her first spell and when that foolish guard peeked inside she was ready with a control spell. Using that guards gun and bare feet she took out the rest of the slimy pedophiles , stole their cash, and headed into town on one of their motorbikes. 
« Last Edit: <02-27-14/2152:55> by Nastix »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-27-14/0143:03> »
Where did Intuition go? Unfortunately it looks like you only have 1 attribute point leftover, which suggests Intuition 2. Given the character theme, I might drop points out of Body and Strength to boost Intuition.

Can we get a breakdown of how you spent your finishing karma? Your skill count is higher than 22. I know some of those come from Magic B and I'm guessing the rest come from karma expenditures but wanted to double-check.

You have 3 Special Attribute points. You spent 1 on Magic and 2 on Edge. Your Edge should now be 3, not 2, since everyone starts with Edge 1. ALTERNATIVELY, you could spent that extra point on getting Magic 6. That would save you a lot of karma in the long run since buying Magic 6 is 30 karma but buying Edge 3 is only 15 karma. So get Magic 6 now.

Banishing is generally not a good idea since it can result in a ton of stun from the spirit resisting it.

Dispel is not a separate skill. Dispelling is covered by Counterspelling.

You probably don't need Binding right away. That's a bit more advanced and will be more useful when you have some nuyen to buy the necessary reagents. By then you'll have some karma that you can use to get Binding back if you want it.

What you DO need is Perception. Here are a couple equations to consider:
Perception = live and learn
No perception = die and forget

You have Improved Agility. To cast this on yourself (Agility 7), you will need to cast at Force 7. This is above your Magic rating and will thus be Physical drain. The drain (F-3) will be 4, of which you will soak 3 boxes on average with your 10 soak dice. You have a 44% chance of soaking all 4 boxes, which means you'll be taking damage more than half the time. So be prepared to take a box of Physical damage every time you cast Improved Agility on yourself. Your agility is already pretty great. Given that you're going to lose -2 to a sustaining penalty while the spell is active, I would say that most of the potential upside of the spell is lost while the potential harm (of 1-4 boxes of damage) is significant. So I would probably skip that spell in favor of another. Magic Fingers and Levitate are favorites from Manipulation.

You've got a gun so you don't strictly need a combat spell, but unless you're playing a pure illusion/manipulation mage then you might want one. Guns can be taken away or dropped. I suppose you could use spirits to fight for you while you hide.

The armor spell causes you to glow. Perhaps this doesn't matter if you have Shadow cast as well, but it does seem somewhat contrary to the character to do anything unstealthy. Like glow.

Good luck with the character! Let us know about the karma.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-27-14/0147:32> »
Oh, and you need Assensing too to make use of your Astral Perception power. Be careful of Astral Perception. While you're astrally perceiving, you're vulnerable to attack from the astral realm. You don't have a combat spell to fight back, which could be another good reason to get one. Or you could skip Astral Perception and apply the power point elsewhere. Combat Sense would go with your overall theme, or you could pick up Mystic Armor and then skip the Armor spell. Or I suppose you could keep them both and really play to the theme. But again watch out for those spell sustaining penalties.

Niladen

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-27-14/1921:23> »
You have Improved Agility. To cast this on yourself (Agility 7), you will need to cast at Force 7. This is above your Magic rating and will thus be Physical drain. The drain (F-3) will be 4, of which you will soak 3 boxes on average with your 10 soak dice. You have a 44% chance of soaking all 4 boxes, which means you'll be taking damage more than half the time. So be prepared to take a box of Physical damage every time you cast Improved Agility on yourself. Your agility is already pretty great. Given that you're going to lose -2 to a sustaining penalty while the spell is active, I would say that most of the potential upside of the spell is lost while the potential harm (of 1-4 boxes of damage) is significant. So I would probably skip that spell in favor of another. Magic Fingers and Levitate are favorites from Manipulation.

It's the hits you get on the spell, rather than the force, that determine whether drain is physical or stun in fifth edition. He would need to roll six hits in order to take physical, five or less would be stun.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-27-14/1923:39> »
Old habits.