NEWS

Want to form a game? (Dead Thread)

• 63 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-09-10/1812:03> »
Man, i'm super busy, but I really like playing so I'm down for GM'ing this thread....I just won't be able post as often as on the first one i started because I committed to that one....but it won't be that bad.  I would prefer doing only 2 players, 3 max. 

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <09-09-10/2004:02> »
I'm definitely up for playing

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-09-10/2110:46> »
Inca,
Since you don't have much time on your hands and there are more people wanting to play than you want to take on right now(understandable), I thought I'd continue the epic search for a GM and see if anyone turns up. I figured it would be cool with you, since you only offered because we couldn't find anyone. :)I really appreciate you offering in the first place. I just think it would be nice if would could figure out a way to let everyone( at least these people) play. I do hope that I get to play in one of your games though. I've been reading Road to Redmond and I like your writing. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

I've posted on Dumpshock to see if anyone over there is willing.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=32805
« Last Edit: <09-09-10/2139:06> by DC »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-10-10/0135:35> »
Thanks man! good luck!

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #19 on: <09-10-10/0207:12> »
Inca,
Since you don't have much time on your hands and there are more people wanting to play than you want to take on right now(understandable), I thought I'd continue the epic search for a GM and see if anyone turns up. I figured it would be cool with you, since you only offered because we couldn't find anyone. :)I really appreciate you offering in the first place. I just think it would be nice if would could figure out a way to let everyone( at least these people) play. I do hope that I get to play in one of your games though. I've been reading Road to Redmond and I like your writing. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

I've posted on Dumpshock to see if anyone over there is willing.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=32805
You...made an account on Dumpshock, wherein your first post is to try and find a GM for a game over here?

Yikes.  Good luck with that.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-10-10/0905:41> »
Didn't realize it would be a problem. We could go over there to play too.
This morning I posted a little note saying so. I swear I will find a GM. lol. If this post doesn't work I have other ideas.

In the meantime, since I haven't said anything about 'em yet, heres a little about my character. He's an urban brawler called Warhawk. He'll be excellent with pistols and also I was gonna give him some moderate Influence and Biotech in order to fill gaps we have in the party. Oh, and he's gonna be real hard to kill (for a Human) as well. If I had to classify him I'd say he's like a versatile street samurai. I hope to have him finished sometime tonight. We'll see how it goes.
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/0946:26> by DC »

rockstar

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <09-10-10/1808:14> »
sounds kinda cool. ive played similar myself and its a lot of fun. if I knew what i was doing id gm but i have no experiance in this format. maybe next time though 8)

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <09-10-10/2311:04> »
I will throw my hat in the ring for playing as well if we find a GM. Though if we have no luck at all with finding one I may be willing to give it a try, but I warn you ahead of time if you opt for that route I have never done play by post playing before. I have done alot of GMing regular RPing on messageboards and GMed RL sessions of shadowrun(though I am newer to this as compared to my D&D experiance) but never done them online before. : /  So just figured I would throw that out there though I would prefer to just play

Name: Dinivin Telanesci
Alias: Father Twilight
Race: Human
Sex:Male
Nationality: UCAS (Italian descent)
Lifestyle: Medium
Karma Spent:0
Physical Description:
Standing 6’ even with a fit, trim form Father Twilight cuts an imposing figure to some, a comforting figure to others. He dresses in the ecclestial robes of a catholic priest, covered by a black leather duster jacket with a large golden cross tucked beneath his holy robes. His hair is black as the sins he preaches against and his eyes are a vivid blue that bring to mind a summer sky. He wears a pair of spectacles perched on his nose, which always tend to slide down in a manner akin to that you would expect of a doddering scholar. Yet when the eyes behind those glasses fix on you it feels as though he can see the sinful thoughts burgeoning within you and is weighing the balance of your soul. He constantly carries a Bible with him, though he rarely pulls it out.

Personality/background:
Dinivin Telanesci was once an aspiring priest of the catholic church. However when he began to espouse the use of magic in religious rituals and that the holy mother church should begin actively recruiting the awakened to their ranks he was cast out of the fold of the faithful, told that such things were not to be and that it was rank heresy to suggest it. When he continued to preach his beliefs in his private life he found himself the target of shadow runners hired by the holy church to silence his heresies. A band of runners entered his home and proceeded to beat him bloody, and pumped two bullets into him in an attempt to ensure he was finished. Fortunately for Dinivin the runners were unaware that his magical studies had delved into the healing arts, and he was able to save himself when he came to, which occurred as he struck the frigid waters of Seattle’s harbor. Since then he has kept up the act that Dinivin Telanesci died that night, and has become the shadow runner Father Twilight, working to use his magic as he feels the church should have, and hungry for the chance to exact revenge on the church should there ever be a contract offered on them.

Attributes (240)

Body: 3(20)
Agility:3(20)
Reaction:4(30)
Strength:2(10)
Charisma:4(30)
Intuition:4(30)
Logic:3(20)
Willpower:5(40)
Edge:2(0)
Magic:5(40)
Essence:6
Initiative:8

Positive Qualities: (25)
Astral Chameleon(5)
Mentor Spirit(5) Fire-Bringer(Seraphim)
Magician(15)

Negative Qualities: (+35)
Sensitive system +15
SINner +5
Severe Allergy to Silver +15

Active Skills: (122)
Conjuring Skill Group 3
-Banishing 3
Binding 3
Summoning 3
Sorcery Skill Group 4
-Counterspelling 4
-Ritual Spellcasting 4
-Spellcasting 4
Astral Combat 4
Perception 2
Assensing 4
Pistols 3

Knowledge Skills: (21 free)
Magic theory: 4
Astral research: 5
Relisous doctrine: 5
Theology: 3
Religious groups: 2

Language Skills:
English: N
Latin: 2

Cyber/Bio-ware:

Complex Forms:

Registered Sprites:

Spells:  (24)
Flamethrower
Analyze Truth
Mind Probe
Heal
Physical Barrier
Invisibility
Levitate
Influence

Tradition: Christian(priest channeling magic through prayer to God and the angels, thus spirits summoned are embodiments of the angels above and spells are miracles granted by God)
Spirits types:
Combat: Fire
Detection: Air
Health: Earth
Illusion: Water
Manipulation: Man
Drain Attribute: Willpower+Charisma

Foci: (3)
Banishing Foci (Power 3) golden cross

Bound Spirits: (3)
Fire Spirit(force 5) 3 services owed

Gear: 38,725 Nuyen  (BP 8 for 40,000 nuyen)
Fake SIN (R5) Michael Delascoe
Fake SIN (R5) Gabriel Veracone
Magical Lodge(5)
Healing Fetish(prayer beads)
Glasses
-imagelink
-low light
-thermographic
Commlink
Novatech airware
Iris orb
Lined Coat
Remington Roomsweeper
Concealable holster
Regular ammo(100)
Flechette ammo(100)
Middle Lifestyle (2 months)
Banishing Foci(3)
Bible
Drones:

Vehicles:

Contacts: (10)
Fixer 2/3
Talismonger 2/3
« Last Edit: <09-14-10/1949:06> by Paladin101 »

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-11-10/1033:58> »
Awesome. Still finishing up mine. Thanks for offering to GM if we don't find anyone. I'll keep trying and let you know.

rockstar

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-11-10/1625:26> »
mines almost done. probs finish it up tomorrow cause its time to go drinkin. btw im in england so that might be something that needs to be taken into acount. if the boards going to be moving through several posts per night then i'll try to catch up when im on.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-12-10/1634:10> »
Also nearly done. I've changed my guy around to be our face, but i would really appreciate it if someone took some medic skill, because i'm not going to. I don't have the points.

Father_Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <09-12-10/1741:47> »
check my priest, I have the heal spell.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-12-10/1956:02> »
Sweet. Hopefully you don't end up GMing. lol
Other people are welcome to search for a GM too. I'm not having alot of luck to be perfectly honest.
« Last Edit: <09-12-10/2000:16> by DC »

Switch

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <09-13-10/1050:31> »
Sorry I aint been around been working on mine will throw in first aid to help out. Any luck with a GM

XxswitchxX

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-13-10/1105:27> »
'Priciate it.
No luck yet. Still trying. Paladin volunteered as our backup. He could always NPC his character. He wants to play if possible though, so I'm still looking.