NEWS

Rigging upgrades

• 8 Replies

Lighthouse

• Omae
« on: <02-23-15/1736:27> »
Rather than just waiting for the rigger book I would like to come up with mods for the rigger in the game I am running. What would you suggest I do?
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <02-23-15/1747:26> »
Get the 4e rigger book and convert or be inspired? Already many official products feature vehicles with upgrades so it would be a matte of figuring out how much such mods would cost. Initially you can simply use the same numbers as in Arsenal(?)
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <02-23-15/1833:12> »
Bullets & Bandages has some options for modifications.  Additionally, I've got a pile of options that I am currently sitting on, rather than implementing as house rules.  The reasoning is simple: a lack of time.  I'm working hard on updating my wiki of NPCs, organizations, etc., running my business, raising my daughter, and doing Missions conventions.  So unfortunately, these are all just ideas that haven't been roughed out much yet.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-24-15/1154:01> »
A player was saying that Arsenal shouldn't change that much converted to 5E. thoughts?
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-24-15/1648:48> »
Yes and no.  I've worked on adapting the Arsenal rules to 5th edition, and they're not that hard to implement.  With that said, a few basic concepts need to be changed.  One of the things I noticed was the lack of modification slots.  And since current modifications are based (at least loosely) on the vehicle/drone's Body rating, I've used the vehicle's Body as the number of modification slots available.  Then made it so that current mods take up a certain number of modification slots.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Adder

« Reply #5 on: <02-25-15/0009:59> »
Yes and no.  I've worked on adapting the Arsenal rules to 5th edition, and they're not that hard to implement.  With that said, a few basic concepts need to be changed.  One of the things I noticed was the lack of modification slots.  And since current modifications are based (at least loosely) on the vehicle/drone's Body rating, I've used the vehicle's Body as the number of modification slots available.  Then made it so that current mods take up a certain number of modification slots.
Both myself and my team's rigger would be very happy to see your progress :-)

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #6 on: <02-25-15/1138:37> »
I would not mind it either. The lack of rigger based mods is very sad, actually. Especially with how fragile drones are.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-25-15/1216:49> »
Unfortunately, the pile of ideas I have are just that right now: ideas.  I don't have any mechanics for them beyond some really rudimentary ones.  I'd really like to have them more solidified before I put them into being.  Given the rest that's on my plate right now, this is going to be a while.  :(

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #8 on: <02-27-15/0513:39> »
there are a few of the better ones available in Stolen souls; such as smuggling compartments, morphing plates, spoof chips, chameleon coating and such.
They're the core ones you'd need for a rigger, but the rules are vague. i'd use the arsenal effects with the stolen souls pricing and you should be pretty near what you need
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor