NEWS

(5e) Metatypes on the Priority Chart

• 6 Replies

Jeeves

• Chummer
« on: <07-17-13/0938:44> »
I'm looking at the priority chart on page 65, and there's a number after each metatype. I can't seem to find the bit that explains why those numbers are there or what they mean. Can someone either explain or tell me where I can find the explanation in the book? Thanks!

kattahn

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-17-13/0956:57> »
Part was confusing to me at first as well. That number is the amount of special attribute points you can. They can only be spent on magic, resonance, and edge.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-17-13/1019:06> »
Third and fourth paragraph in "Metatype & Special Attributes", on the same page as the priority table, and the first and second paragraph on the next page.

ScooterinAB

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-17-13/1319:29> »
Part was confusing to me at first as well. That number is the amount of special attribute points you can. They can only be spent on magic, resonance, and edge.

As it was for me. Note that the points supplement your metatype's starting Edge as well as the Magic/Resonance Att you get from that priority. For humans, it's totally possible but unnecessary to have 6 in each. On the flip side, if you want a troll to have any edge, you are looking at Priority A.

I've really found the examples to be helpful. If you're lost or can't figure something out, have a look at the examples throughout the chapter.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #4 on: <07-18-13/0550:22> »
Everyone has at least 1 point in the standard attributes, e.g. physical, mental, and Edge.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-18-13/0616:15> »
I will admit, I am not very happy about the Priority of Trolls...but, you know, at the same time, I like it. It means when you see
a Troll, that you are seeing someone who had to work on their character. It makes sure that Trolls are rare, because most
people are lazy, and if someone is playing a Troll, it is because they REALLY want to play a Troll, not just picking it for the
pluses.(At the same time, the way things shake out, Dwarves are actually a mechanically attractive choice, and Elves and
Orks, you are having to make sacrifices to make the two most efficient metatypes.) 

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <07-18-13/1702:59> »
if there's any complaint that I have with the priority system, it's that the gaps between priority levels for attributes is pretty huge. This is just my opinion, however.