NEWS

[SR5] Lockdown

• 115 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #15 on: <10-09-14/0929:24> »
Ah, you missed the news. They're no longer having 1 Season per location, due to confusement from the 5A and 5B lettering. So right now it's Season 5 (previously 5A 1 to 6), Season 6 (previously 5B 1 to 4), and so on.

And I doubt they'll put a Missions season in Boston any time soon, because there's already something taking place in the NEMA Quarantine Zone: Shadowrun Online.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-09-14/1150:12> »
What's this about Season lettering? 5A vs 5B?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <10-09-14/1212:53> »
What's this about Season lettering? 5A vs 5B?

With this fifth year of the Missions line they broke things down into a part 1 and part 2 or A and B. You can see this when looking at the Mission files at Drive Through RPG

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #18 on: <10-09-14/1227:29> »
Bit of a tangent, but I'll roll with it for now (If you want to continue the conversation though, please head over to the Missions sub-forum).

1)  Missions generally take place in locations that are currently "unused".  This gives us free reign to meddle with the location, and we don't have to worry about main metaplot screwing up the Missions storylines.  So doubtful we'll visit Boston anytime soon.

2)  It was decided to break Missions down into shorter storyarc "chunks" and to define those better.  Since Season 4 bounced between two different plots, it was confusing if players were only interested in one plotline.  Season 5 is a little more linear, but we decided to keep things contained in 6-episode arcs.  These arcs all link to form one bigger story, however.  So initially, we were labelling them A, B, etc.  So you would have SRM 5A-01, 5A-02, etc.  Then SRM 5B-01.  The plan is to do 4 story arcs for the full "Season", so it would have culminated with SRM 5D-06 being the final adventure.  The Powers That Be decided this was potentially confusing (and it apparently messed with our contracts and our book numbering system), so the decision came down to break each arc into a different number instead.  So arc one is SRM 05-01 through 05-06.  Arc two is SRM 06-01 through 06-06.  So to designate the actual season, we now just use the location name.  So this season is "Shadowrun Missions: Chicago" instead of "Season 5". 

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-09-14/1404:44> »
Bit of a tangent, but I'll roll with it for now <znip>
Much obliged; thank you for explaining.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-09-14/1456:23> »
i love the design of the combat axes that troll is using on the far right of the picture. Very neobarbarian ;)
They have speed holes.

I wonder if this book will influence where Season 6 of Missions is set...
Probably not. It's the setting for the Shadowrun Online MMO.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <11-14-14/1707:44> »
Some new art from Tumblr:

Is it me, or does that head seem huge when compared to the body?

8-bit

« Reply #22 on: <11-14-14/1710:36> »
It also looks like his skin is falling apart to show a mechanical skeleton underneath. I can't tell if he's surrounded by spirits or virtual "demons".

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-14-14/2046:12> »
Ahhh...that would make more sense... ;)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #24 on: <11-15-14/0045:01> »
Whatever is happening to that poor guy, I hope he has a great insurance policy.  I wonder if that's some sort of CFD/dragon attack?  I dunno what's going on there, but it looks awful.  I love it.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-15-14/0106:19> »
Docwagon Medic:  "I ain't touching that!"

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <11-25-14/2120:32> »
Ah, you missed the news. They're no longer having 1 Season per location, due to confusement from the 5A and 5B lettering. So right now it's Season 5 (previously 5A 1 to 6), Season 6 (previously 5B 1 to 4), and so on.

And I doubt they'll put a Missions season in Boston any time soon, because there's already something taking place in the NEMA Quarantine Zone: Shadowrun Online.

As an aside where are the missions located/downloaded/bought?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-25-14/2258:17> »
Those that have been released are available from CGL and/or DTRPG.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #28 on: <11-26-14/1414:08> »
Which are SRM 5 1~3, Firing Line and Sprawl Wilds. Each of the books contains 4 CMPs. There's 7 more Chicago Missions and 16 more CMPs so far, but those aren't out for purchase. (In the case of Chicago Missions that's 'for purchase yet'.)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-30-14/2313:50> »
Are the Elven Blood adventures considered CMP adventures? If yes, I believe they are 4th edition only, correct?