Shadowrun Play > Previous Editions

[SR5] FAQ Wiki

<< < (3/5) > >>

CoyoteNZ:
Great idea.

Question though; if we have a question about the answer in the wiki, and want to discuss it, do you want us to
A. Leave comments in the wiki page
B. Leave comments here in this thread
C. Leave comments here, in its own thread?

Cheers

falar:
I'd go with it's own thread in the Rules Forum. Once it is figured out (tm), put the answer up and link to that thread.

Secondarily, I'm mainly doing editing on things at the moment. I've noticed at least one behavior that I'm not a huge fan of - putting advice about how to GM things inside a question. That's more editorializing a rule interpretation. Instead, I want this wiki to be as much cut and dried "These are the rules" with little to no editorializing. I will move things like that into comments on the question/answer.

This is not a platform to talk or advise ways to run things. That muddies the water. This is a place to put rulings to commonly asked questions and what basis that ruling is on.

CoyoteNZ:

--- Quote from: falar on ---I'd go with it's own thread in the Rules Forum. Once it is figured out (tm), put the answer up and link to that thread

This is not a platform to talk or advise ways to run things. That muddies the water. This is a place to put rulings to commonly asked questions and what basis that ruling is on.

--- End quote ---

Based on the above, is it possible to turn off the comments section on the wiki, otherwise I can see people getting into debates over rules in the wiki, where this forum is really the place that should be.

falar:

--- Quote from: CoyoteNZ on ---Based on the above, is it possible to turn off the comments section on the wiki, otherwise I can see people getting into debates over rules in the wiki, where this forum is really the place that should be.

--- End quote ---
I can, but that's kind of the nuclear option. I'd rather have somewhere people can discuss, then I can redirect and delete instead of people not knowing what to do.

RacoonSF:
Great job, Falar!

What about another category?

"Word of Hero Lab"

To my understanding, the Hero Labs developers are in close contact with Catalyst, so it's kind of semi-offical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version