NEWS

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Official Announcements / Re: Coming Next Week!
« Last post by AJCarrington on <03-06-24/2359:10> »
Man…that cover is phenomenal!
The Secret History / Re: The Timeline of the Ages
« Last post by JanessaVR on <03-06-24/2049:18> »
As for Dis, it is hard to say a lot without a lot spoilers ( a lot of the information is still what I would consider GM only), so I'll come up with my own thoughts on how this could fit into your scheme.
"GM-Only Information" lasts about 10 seconds into a Google search.  I'd forgotten the names of the Mad Passions from Earthdawn.  Looks like at least one is making a comeback.  In my cosmology, human gods are many millions of years younger than the Horrors and would not be considered a real threat by them.
« Last post by Beta on <03-06-24/1526:50> »
Interesting take on the elemental planes, and I guess it makes sense as they are not of the 'pushed way far away from earth' category, so can't be so old.

As for Dis, it is hard to say a lot without a lot spoilers ( a lot of the information is still what I would consider GM only), so I'll come up with my own thoughts on how this could fit into your scheme.
Errata / Falling Point
« Last post by ShroudedSciuridae on <03-06-24/1516:45> »
P. 121
 (see Resonance Wells and Dissonance Pools, p. XX)
Replace with p. 64
« Last post by Beta on <03-06-24/1411:54> »
I see it up on Drivethrurpg.  I won't be able to download it until this evening, and read it I don't know when, but passing along the blurb and some info from the preview pages:

Blurb:
"ON THE PRECIPICE

The Sixth World feels like it’s perpetually in the middle of slow-motion collapse, disaster after disaster threatening to bring parts or all of it down. So it’s critical to know what might push some of these disasters over the edge, turning slow motion into a full-on downward plunge.

Falling Point profiles ten people and organizations standing on a precipice. Sometimes they’re the ones who might go over the edge; other times they’re looking at someone else they can push. Either way, they’re going to play a significant role in unfolding events, so runners better know about them before they run into them in the shadows.

Falling Point is a threats sourcebook for Shadowrun, Sixth World."

From the Preview:

Table of Contents tells us who is covered:

Asintmah Alliance
Cartomancers
Convergence
Denver Data Haven
The French Touch
Humanis Policlub
Michael Bishop
Psyche
The Tiding
Warpath

The Jackpoint page always interests me!
-Street date: 22 Feb 2083
-"Incoming" section lists the following products:
-- Needle's Eye
-- Final Bets
-- Smooth Operators
- And in the news section: "Aztechnology trademarks 'Flesheez'; rumors describe it as artificial flesh for ghouls to eat." 

In the credits I notice that RJ Thomas (the new line developer) is not a writer nor editor, so one of the later books without his involvement, I'd guess (he's had writing credits in most of the recent books.)
« Last post by JanessaVR on <03-05-24/0229:55> »
This is very cool!
Thank you!  It was a lot of work.  :)

I'll have to think about it some more, but I think I might make it canon in my home game. 
I'm flattered.

I presume that the elemental planes are the result of the very early developments, pre-life? (or when life was extremely simple).
No, quite the opposite.  They would have come about probably around the 8th to 10th Ages.  Dividing the world up into the Classical Elements is a human point of view and would only have influenced the metaplanes enough to form planes around those concepts once there was a human civilization with a magical theory sufficiently advanced enough to envision them.

And given the current meta-plot, thoughts on the origin of Dis?  I'm thinking perhaps from one of the earlier cycles that overlapped hominids (pre modern humans).  (although various books give conflicting descriptions of them, so it is not entirely clear)
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Dis.  4th Edition is my game, with select bits nicked from 5th Edition.  I own no 6th Edition books.

(also, if you put it on Holostreets, I will buy it at some point.  Like with Fastjack's Shadowfiles, good meta-products are worth supporting!)
Thank you very much.  I'm working on that behind the scenes, but some things need to be straightened out first.
« Last post by Beta on <03-04-24/1438:19> »
This is very cool!

I'll have to think about it some more, but I think I might make it canon in my home game. 

I presume that the elemental planes are the result of the very early developments, pre-life? (or when life was extremely simple).

And given the current meta-plot, thoughts on the origin of Dis?  I'm thinking perhaps from one of the earlier cycles that overlapped hominids (pre modern humans).  (although various books give conflicting descriptions of them, so it is not entirely clear)

(also, if you put it on Holostreets, I will buy it at some point.  Like with Fastjack's Shadowfiles, good meta-products are worth supporting!)
« Last post by Aria on <03-04-24/0758:21> »
Hope it's as good as Scotophobia  ;D
Gear / Re: Rethinking Headware
« Last post by JanessaVR on <03-03-24/2134:08> »
No need to have the commlink implanted for your brains to directly interface with it.
You just need a direct neural interface (implanting a datajack or wear trodes).
These are other possible solutions.  But having to wear trodes everywhere strikes me as hugely inconvenient.  A Signal 0 wireless datajack that's slaved to the commlink in my purse, that I could get behind.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10