NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <04-13-19/1122:37> »
I got an update from Jason earlier this week as to what's coming up...well, sort of... ;)

No Future - still in process of being printed. There are a number of "cool elements", including a new style of cover that they have never tried before

Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia - "hundreds of entries on the people, places, and entities of the Sixth World, written with a neo-anarchist style and point of view". No formal commit on release, but Jason thinks this will likely beat No Future to the street. I'm guessing we'll see the PDF released in the next month or so with early copies at Origins.

SR 30th Anniversary Celebration - expect more announcements in early May. The dice, pins, t-shirts and hoodies are all part of this, but "there's a whole lot more in the works"

Enjoy!! ;D ;D

PMárk

• Chummer
« Reply #1171 on: <04-13-19/1220:33> »

Neo-Anarchist Streetpedia - "hundreds of entries on the people, places, and entities of the Sixth World, written with a neo-anarchist style and point of view".

Hmm, after Better than Bad it's a bit surprising to get another Neo-A viewpoint book. I liked how BtB showed different views, from Old Crow's propagandistic idealism to Freya's more balanced, down-to-earth approach. I hope this book won't be just a total Neo-A field trip either, where the only differing voices are Clockwork and Kane.

Don't get me wrong, I like Neo-Anarchists, I just don't want SR to fall into the trap of the "violent anarchists are the good guys" narrative, as its sadly frequent nowadays. Again, I liked how BtB was more nuanced than that, though I would like to see even more voices with differing views among the Jackpointers beyond the usual good-intentioned(but blindsided to their own faults) anarchists vs the soulless shitholes setup.
« Last Edit: <04-13-19/1223:05> by PMárk »
If nothing worked, let's think!

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1172 on: <04-13-19/1925:30> »
That would have been the old Target: Wastelands, a fun book in its own right.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1173 on: <04-14-19/0114:37> »
Rest assured, when it comes to the Streetpedia, you have a lot of different voices in there.

The overall oomph from 5th ed has been that no one is 100% good or 100% evil... there are nuances in everything.

(Well, okay, the Terrors are 100% evil, but they're cosmic-level things who are kind of beyond morality. You know what I mean.)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1174 on: <04-14-19/0631:56> »
Can you tell us anything about status on the book, or than hahaha-I-know-more-than-you type stuff, which is really annoying?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1175 on: <04-14-19/1555:15> »
I suspect we’ll hear more in early May...Jason is keeping his cards pretty close right now.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1176 on: <04-14-19/1755:30> »
The overall oomph from 5th ed has been that no one is 100% good or 100% evil... there are nuances in everything.
Well, there is Clockwork.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1177 on: <04-14-19/1802:18> »
Well, there is Clockwork.   ;D
*pumps shotgun* Time to go drone-hunting and hit him in the wallet...
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1178 on: <04-15-19/1251:15> »
Can you tell us anything about status on the book, or than hahaha-I-know-more-than-you type stuff, which is really annoying?

Not that wouldn't violate an NDA, sorry. Until Jason clears us to drop info, we gotta stay silent. All I have is "soon" on that one. :( I can say "Work is being done on Future Product" but I can't give out the name of things until cleared to do so. Such is the nature of contract work. As soon as we're allowed tho? I'm THRILLED to talk about this stuff.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1179 on: <04-15-19/1826:29> »
While some of it is like Jim Butcher puts it, "It's like crack for authors!", we would more than love to crow about things.

But rabid attack lawyers are always at the ready.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1180 on: <04-15-19/1839:29> »
I get that. I want to spread what the Errata team is fixing as well.

However acting like school children about it doesn’t serve any other point than annoying your audience. A simple “please wait for the next book” or even “its being worked on” is a lot better than what’s been written earlier.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #1181 on: <04-16-19/1507:27> »
Well as I have no fore knowledge of anything. I'm guessing we are going to hear about anniversary edition book. Summing up the collective rules drift, closing the build flaws, and codifying the errata of 5e. Which should it be true I think is a very good idea at this point getting a new player into 5e involves far, far too much reading. Never mind actual character generation.

Anyone have a guess?
« Last Edit: <04-16-19/2318:52> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1182 on: <04-16-19/2150:43> »
I’ve had similar thoughts and would quite like to something along these lines.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1183 on: <05-01-19/2012:23> »
In all of this ... No drop of the Streetpedia today:-( That waa what I'd thought was going to get announced today.  I thought I was going to be geeking out on lore updates by now, and I'd still rather be doing that than arguing about how good the next edition will be based on one podcast.

Anyone have word of an actual drop date? 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1184 on: <05-02-19/0029:44> »
In all of this ... No drop of the Streetpedia today:-( That waa what I'd thought was going to get announced today.  I thought I was going to be geeking out on lore updates by now, and I'd still rather be doing that than arguing about how good the next edition will be based on one podcast.

Anyone have word of an actual drop date?
Nope. But on the 8th of May we'll get a product overview of the SR6 launch schedule, so maybe more news then.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!