NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #975 on: <08-30-17/1135:36> »
And probably reduced to 2 pages and doing none of the ground up rewrite TMs really need.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #976 on: <08-30-17/2331:57> »
And probably reduced to 2 pages and doing none of the ground up rewrite TMs really need.

I hope that that's not true......  The TMs should have their own chapter, and it should have the largest word count of the entire book.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #977 on: <08-31-17/0121:21> »
🤔

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #978 on: <08-31-17/0200:18> »

I hope that that's not true......  The TMs should have their own chapter, and it should have the largest word count of the entire book.
That is what should happen. Well, no, what should have happened is for them not to get the raging nostalgia boner and changed a whole bunch of shit that wasn't broken just to end up fucking everything up. But that ship's sailed, hit an iceberg, and sunk already.

At this point, we'll actually be lucky if it is 2 pages worth, or if it comes out before 6E is announced.

My Characters

&#24525;

« Reply #979 on: <08-31-17/1510:56> »
Will Street Lethal have any love for explicitly Adepts?

&#24525;

« Reply #980 on: <08-31-17/1546:20> »
Will the (should be a fragging TM book) matrix book be an equivalent 5e Unwired?

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #981 on: <08-31-17/1850:53> »
Will the (should be a fragging TM book) matrix book be an equivalent 5e Unwired?

That would be acceptable to me, and I suspect, a great many TM fans.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #982 on: <09-06-17/0931:20> »
It has been a while, but some info on upcoming releases:
  • Street Lethal: Advanced combat sourcebook. More guns, future weapons concepts, info on corporate security tactics and techniques, info on mercenaries, pirates and other unconventional fighting forces, and more!
  • Dark Terrors: Just what the title advertises--a peek into the darkest parts of the shadows. That means info on shedim, bug spirits, the Black Lodge, head cases, and the Elder God tradition written up in Forbidden Arcana. Lots of scary plot material, and of course new mechanics.
  • Toxic Alleys: A DeeCee-set adventure using some of the plot materials from Dark Terrors.
  • Better than Bad: A Deep Shadows sourcebook focusing on hooding, for those runners who want to try to do some good in the world. Includes information on why hooders do what they do and how they do it. Also brings some city details on Pretoria.
With regards to the fiction, Jason confirmed that they are in the final stages of getting things "reset" with Barnes & Nobles...books should had started hitting their shelves in August. Once a couple of the titles that didn't hit B7N previously (Undershadows, Shadows Down Under, possibly Deniable Assets) hit, the plan is to release the digital versions. My take - we might see these later this month or in October. Additionally, there is a bunch of new fiction that is done and ready to go, so we should start seeing this flow more consistently starting Q4.
« Last Edit: <09-06-17/1141:04> by AJCarrington »

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #983 on: <09-06-17/1136:59> »
Toxic Alleys blurb is : "Dark plots and darker magic frequently converge in the capital of the UCAS, and those forces are revving up again. Toxic Alley launches plotlines for Shadowrun involving toxic mages, shedim, and other dark forces, while building on elements from the Sixth World Tarot and Book of the Lost. Runners will have as much as they can handle keeping up with the chaos filling the back alleys of DeeCee!"

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #984 on: <09-06-17/1315:29> »
Yet more magic, and still the TMs remain fucked with the sandpaper and poison ivy strap-on.

My Characters

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #985 on: <09-06-17/1330:41> »
Yet more magic, and still the TMs remain fucked with the sandpaper and poison ivy strap-on.
More magic? Not sure I'm seeing that at all. To me, Street Lethal is comparable to Forbidden Arcana and Dark Terrors looks like it could be a new "Threats"-type resource.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #986 on: <09-06-17/1333:51> »
Hm,
just had a look into the pegasus shop and there seems to be a matrix centered book in the making: "Netzgewitter" (Net Thunderstorm)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #987 on: <09-06-17/1538:13> »
Man...some days I wish I spoke/read German...sigh :-\

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #988 on: <09-06-17/2005:01> »
Better than Bad sounds sweet. Info on South Africa is going to be great. Maybe some stuff of the Zulu elves or the great dragon Mujaji. I'm excited.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #989 on: <09-06-17/2150:57> »
Agreed...wasn't expecting this one, but really looking forward to it. TBH, all of the upcoming releases are looking good 8)