Shadowrun General > Gear

Fave Restricted Gear Quality

(1/3) > >>

Wenlocke:
We've had favourite gun, now lets broaden the horizons a little. I see people mention this here or there, but as a concentrated "what is it useful for?" I figured I'd ask this.

What are peoples favourite things to do with the restricted gear quality at chargen?

I mean, there's the obvious "I can buy that one gun" but if that floats your boat, what or why? if it's cyber or bio, what's the best bang for the buck in terms of "stuff you can actually afford at the restricted rating?"

Essentially, what gear at startup is so worth having for you that you'd spend karma on getting it? (it's just so cool and fits the character is a valid reason, by the way  8) )

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Pain Editor.

If you're building a tank and you don't buy Restricted Gear to start with a Pain Editor... you're not properly min-maxing :D

Edit: Also, Adapsin for any concept you'd buy Bio-Compatability: Cyberware for.

Beta:
I've not done it yet, but the soft nanite / neural amplifier / neocortical seems like it might be worth it on a decker?  35k will net you rating 2 nanites (avail 16) and the supporting soft nanite hive (avail 10), which gives you a long lasting +2 to all logic linked skills. 

Add in data over lore, perfect time, overclocker, and a Little Hornet deck and you should be off to a good start for a resources C decker :)

Jayde Moon:
Are you a troll?  Alphaware muscle replacement.  I like to combine that with WR 1, combat drugs, Exceptional Attribute Agl, Edge 6, and something to throw at you.

CanRay:
No love for the Krime Triple Series?  Especially with the Krime Pack to make them even more awesome!  And, look at that, new rules for miniguns to really chew up the scenery!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version