NEWS

Calling All Browncoats!

• 222 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #90 on: <09-27-10/1606:10> »
I think the Sci-Fi (though not Sci-Fi Channel) show I miss the most is Lexx.  That show was awesome.  It was bizarre and hilarious and I really wish I could find it on DVD.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #91 on: <09-27-10/1622:13> »
I think the Sci-Fi (though not Sci-Fi Channel) show I miss the most is Lexx.  That show was awesome.  It was bizarre and hilarious and I really wish I could find it on DVD.
Try DVD Price Search. They've never steered me wrong.

Also, Torchwood is a Doctor Who spinoff produced by BBC. It's not a Sci-Fi production. (Yeah, right, you think ANY American producers would green light a main character that's bi-sexual?)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #92 on: <09-27-10/1624:03> »
I am going to have to look through that site for Lexx.  Thanks, Jack.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #93 on: <10-04-10/1045:44> »
Try DVD Price Search. They've never steered me wrong.

Also, Torchwood is a Doctor Who spinoff produced by BBC. It's not a Sci-Fi production. (Yeah, right, you think ANY American producers would green light a main character that's bi-sexual?)
If she was cute enough... yeah. But a male bi-lead? Not really!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #94 on: <10-04-10/1616:48> »
I am going to have to look through that site for Lexx.  Thanks, Jack.

I really REALLY liked the first two seasons of Lexx.  The 3rd (when they got to earth) didn't do it for me, though.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #95 on: <10-04-10/1620:41> »
The last season (which was actually the 4th) was definitely the poorest of them.  But I still liked it well enough.  I like how Earth was basically the universe's garbage dump for everybody that died on Fire and Water.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #96 on: <10-04-10/1632:25> »
Note to self: When traveling through airports, do NOT wear my Browncoat/"I aim to misbehave" shirt through the security checkpoint.

On a completely unrelated note, sitting for five hours will be very ... uncomfortable.

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #97 on: <10-04-10/1652:04> »
The last season (which was actually the 4th) was definitely the poorest of them.  But I still liked it well enough.  I like how Earth was basically the universe's garbage dump for everybody that died on Fire and Water.

Just found this on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=lexx&st=0

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #98 on: <10-04-10/1655:15> »
Grodd yes!  Thank you.

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #99 on: <10-04-10/1658:45> »
You are welcome.  Since I have the day off and it's raining, I think I just found an activity to do...
 ;)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <10-04-10/1741:44> »
Note to self: When traveling through airports, do NOT wear my Browncoat/"I aim to misbehave" shirt through the security checkpoint.

There's a reason I try to dress like I'm going to work whenever I fly.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #101 on: <10-04-10/1909:36> »

There's a reason I try to dress like I'm going to work whenever I fly.

Cuz you're a pilot? :P

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <10-05-10/0307:12> »
Dresden went off the air because it was pure crap. I got the DVDs as a gift, they are still the only thing I have ever re-gifted.
It wasn't that bad of o show for someone who hadn't read the books.
And it will always hold a special place in my heart as it got me to listening the audiobooks read by the Awesome James Marster.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #103 on: <10-05-10/0736:14> »

On a completely unrelated note, sitting for five hours will be very ... uncomfortable.
I have a sweatshirt, "All the Chinese I'll ever need, I learned on Firefly" It has many of the Chinese sayings on it phonetically and the translation! its a hoot!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <10-05-10/1205:29> »
Cuz you're a pilot?

Only in the Pods, Joker. Only in the Pods.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015