NEWS

Calling All Browncoats!

• 222 Replies

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #150 on: <10-07-10/1342:41> »
You have a problem with your brain being missing.

I was also supposed to be in the shower a half hour ago and still have to tell Mom I'm leaving. WHEEEE!
Havin' brains is a bit overrated at times. It's just as falable as the other two thinking organs we have. The Heart never sees the desert for the dirt, and well the lower brain is usually going off half cocked!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #151 on: <10-07-10/1512:13> »
Speak for your own lower brain there, fellah. Lol.

Yeah, thinking too much or not enough can both screw you over. I alternate between the two kinda like newtons cradle. Can never find that balance.

I gave my copy of firefly to a friend, I think. I have the series freakin' memorized, so it's cool. Besides, and exgirlfriend got it for me, so it had negative feelings associated with it.

I'm still a browncoat, but i've moved on. They aren't bringing the show back and there's probably not going to be a MMO. I'm pretty sure firefly is dead. I bet at some point they'll try to make some kind of sequel series or film, using completely different actors. It wont be as good though.

Welshman

• Newb
« Reply #152 on: <10-07-10/1632:29> »
The banter between CI and UB make me not want to ever introduce my children to the forums I travel in... Ever. :)

Mostly cause CI is so winning these discussions and I don't want to be the dawned P0WD (did I get that right) by his kids on the forums.
The Welshman
Catalyst Freelancer

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #153 on: <10-07-10/1646:14> »
The banter between CI and UB make me not want to ever introduce my children to the forums I travel in... Ever. :)

Mostly cause CI is so winning these discussions and I don't want to be the dawned P0WD (did I get that right) by his kids on the forums.
PWNED

Much of l33tspeak (whoa... Spell-checker's not trying to correct that...) came from gamers using typed-messaging during games. Unfortunately, they weren't all that great at typing, and many mistyped "owned" "the" and such so that they became "pwned" and "teh"

Welshman

• Newb
« Reply #154 on: <10-07-10/1826:54> »
When I still played network games, we all had to be in the same room, connected by cables!

We just yelled at eachother.

Sigh... At least Worktroll is still older than me. If not for him, I'd feel like the gray headed stepchild of Catalyst.
The Welshman
Catalyst Freelancer

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <10-07-10/2147:53> »
Gaming has come a long way since then. Now you can yell at eachother from thousands of miles away, while you eat funions and drink mr. pibb in your dank lairs.

I used to be an online gamer, but I gave it up. It's a very real addiction. Lol. The only thing currently threatening my path to recovery is SWTOR. www.swtor.com

Luckily I'd need a new computer to play, so it's off the menu for a while.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #156 on: <10-07-10/2206:23> »
Mmmm... Jedis & smugglers & bounty hunters, oh my.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #157 on: <10-08-10/0058:14> »
When I still played network games, we all had to be in the same room, connected by cables!

We just yelled at eachother.

Sigh... At least Worktroll is still older than me. If not for him, I'd feel like the gray headed stepchild of Catalyst.

Yelled? We threw spare 50ohm terminators at each other. Oh the joy of connecting 10 machines via BNC... thank the gods for fast ethernet. Amen.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <10-08-10/0826:59> »
The funny thing is, the only MMOs I ever played were with the people I know in person, so it was still mostly over Skype. Even though skype and my computer hate each other, apparently.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #159 on: <10-08-10/0929:26> »

Welsh buddy she wins till I PM her about being grounded and such. Ahh the joys of parenthood! ;D (we need an evil smiley). Not to mention she actually HAS a better english GPA than I do. Not by much but it is higher. ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #160 on: <10-08-10/1019:21> »
'cept that gorram primary buffer panel.

And yes. The bad guys were win. I freaking LOVED the Operative from Serenity. He's so perfectly Lawful Evil it's beautiful. I just want to take the DVD after making my old D&D group that tried (and failed. So hard) at being an evil party and BEAT THEM WITH IT.

The Operative: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your fault?
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.
The Operative: I do. If I have to.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?
The Operative: It's not my place to ask.  I believe in something greater than myself.  A better world.  A world without sin.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I am a monster.  What I do is evil.  I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

Joss Whedon can write a character who is both sympathetic and, well, a childkiller.
That's why he is a damn good writer, and that's why Firefly isn't just another TeeVee show.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #161 on: <10-08-10/1045:46> »
And if you REALLY don't think Joss can write, check out Nathan's turn as Caleb on Buffy.

Few things in this world get to me. His removal of Xander's eye is one of them...

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #162 on: <10-08-10/1941:58> »

Welsh buddy she wins till I PM her about being grounded and such. Ahh the joys of parenthood! ;D (we need an evil smiley). Not to mention she actually HAS a better english GPA than I do. Not by much but it is higher. ;)

And a much more recent one. Much, much more recent.

He's not kidding. He's PM'd me to clean my room before. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #163 on: <10-18-10/1902:09> »
I had no idea this existed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_%28role-playing_game%29

Me want. *Drool*

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #164 on: <10-19-10/0024:48> »
I had no idea this existed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_%28role-playing_game%29

Me want. *Drool*
It's...okay.

The system's not the greatest, but the book's just fun to have for in-universe information, fun stats for the characters, and the overall spirit/feel of it, from cover to cover.