NEWS

Hockey Playoffs

• 37 Replies

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-11-11/1238:51> »
The alternate title for this thread is: "Will this topic of conversation get killed on another Catalyst message board?"

First and foremost, I am a Blackhawks fan and I will speak from my perspective. The regular season ended yesterday with the Blackhawks backing into the 8th seed in the West. This is good, as I believe it leaves Carolina as the only team to win the Stanley Cup and then not make the playoffs the following season. This also keeps the Blackhawks from being the team with the highest point total and not make the playoffs, an "honor" held by Coach Q from his days in Colorado.

Looking at the rankings I'm actually glad the 'Hawks ended up in the 8th seed. We have matched up well against Vancouver the last few playoffs and I expect this season to be more of the same. I also think we'll do well against the Battle of the Californias winner. On the other hand the only way we'll ever have home ice is in the Finals and only if the Canadians, Horned Hamsters or the Rangers survive.

So what say you?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <04-11-11/1426:05> »
<HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS>

Flyers' all the way this year, my good man.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-11-11/1445:06> »
*Looks at his Belfour puck, Mikita and Chelios jerseys and program from last game at Chicago Stadium*

Go Hawks  ;D

In other words, what Mr. Smith said.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-11-11/1733:37> »

You guys going for two in a row? :]
Power corrupts.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <04-11-11/1909:45> »
I want the Jets back.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <04-11-11/1930:13> »

You guys going for two in a row? :]
Nah. First off, 'hawks gotta make it there. ;)

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-11-11/2049:39> »
Stars once again couldn't get it done.  I don't know why it takes them nearly a decade to understand that it was defense that won them the Cup.  The goalies they have burned through since can't do it by themselves.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-12-11/1001:38> »
Nah. First off, 'hawks gotta make it there. ;)

Well, yeah. That's a given, just like it is for the other fifteen teams.
Power corrupts.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-12-11/1136:12> »
Well, yeah. That's a given, just like it is for the other fifteen teams.

He is a Flyers fan, Logic is their dump stat  :P
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-12-11/1156:50> »
Be nice. It was petty bickering and one person's absolute refusal to accept logic that killed hockey conversations at the CBT forums. Though it was mostly that one person.

See if you can figure out what team he's a fan of. It's in this thread.
Power corrupts.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-12-11/1217:46> »
Be nice. It was petty bickering and one person's absolute refusal to accept logic that killed hockey conversations at the CBT forums. Though it was mostly that one person.

See if you can figure out what team he's a fan of. It's in this thread.
It was meant in the good natured spirit of teasing! Plus a little payback since FastJack disparaged my beloved Corps  ;D

Nothing but love, really.

(Seriously, I even got an ex GF a Hextall jersey for her birthday one year!)

EmperorPenguin

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-12-11/1330:48> »
It was her first birthday after they broke up.

I don't know if the 'Hawks will make it through this time, but it was quite the run last time, wasn't it?

I think the Canucks have a good chance, and are Canada's best bet of seeing a 'home team' win the Cup.  As long as you have at least one young Canadian star or up-and-comer on your team, you tend to have a decent Canadian following.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-12-11/1417:28> »
...Plus a little payback since FastJack disparaged my beloved Corps

FastJack was ripping on Uncle Sam's Misguided Children? Where's that downvote button?
Power corrupts.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-12-11/1421:43> »
As long as you have at least one young Canadian star or up-and-comer on your team, you tend to have a decent Canadian following.

I thought the law said Canadians had to have at least a passing interest in hockey. How else would you explain things like federal election events getting pre-empted by a first-round playoff game? Wait, don't answer that. No politics. But hang on, hockey is religion in Canada so we shouldn't even be having this conversation...damnit, I'm going Runner on this one. Screw the rules, let's jam!
Power corrupts.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #14 on: <04-12-11/1609:40> »
Religion breeds fanatics, heretics, and other extremists.

They're all wimps compared to Canadian Hockey Fans.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11