NEWS

[Interest/Recruitment] Crash Crew

• 89 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #75 on: <11-19-12/1557:49> »
A bus, like the Conestoga Vista. Can be modded with all kinds of cool stuff.
If you want it to be bigger, tougher and more expensive, the Nordkapp Zugmaschine + trailer makes one hell of a mobile base when modded. May be too conspicuous in the center of the city, but not in the industrial areas.
The Ford-Canada Buffalo (an RV) would be conspicuous in the center of a city, but can be parked somewhere just outside.

Silk's got a Rover, by the way. Since she's incompetent at driving ground vehicles (she's never really gotten around to learning, and why would she?) the thing practically drives itself!
« Last Edit: <11-19-12/1608:04> by Xzylvador »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <11-19-12/1641:55> »
Jade has a Harley-Davidson, modded for a troll (plus some other stuff).  She can drive with it (as it doesn't really drives itself, at least not for long distances).

While the roadmaster is really obviously armoured, it's still a vehicle that's used quite often i think.  Add some Camo-paint on it and you can pretend to be an armoured truck for some company or other doing a secure transport.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xetheral

• Newb
« Reply #77 on: <11-19-12/1900:22> »
Silk's rover will be great for travel, although based on the description it might not fit all of us. As far as a mobile base goes I agree that the zugmaschine is probably the most capable, but yes, it costs a fortune. It might pay to wait until we know what kind of travel... a zugsmachine (or any kind of mobile base that isn't airborne) doesn't do intercontinental very well.

Xetheral

• Newb
« Reply #78 on: <11-19-12/2324:22> »
Incidently, Snap can drive cars and fly planes fairly well, but he doesn't currently have a vehicle other than a Transys Steed. It's not exactly suitable for travel, however... it (and its multi-shielded smuggling compartment) is more intended for getting disassembled weapons through checkpoints.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #79 on: <11-20-12/0432:05> »
Wasn't really suggesting Silk's car be the vehicle of choice for the entire team. When we need to do some getaway driving, I'd rather not rely on the mediocre skills of some autosoft.

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <11-20-12/1538:05> »
Ok, Q&A

Street Cred/Rep - There's no mechanical street cred or rep; but some people might know you, and you might know some people.

Arsenal Combat Rules - I can't remember all of them, but assume yes, and I'll have another look at them tonight. If there are any of them people specifically want to know are in, just ask.

Critias' Errata for Way of the Adept - It is in play.

Travel - Your standard arrangements are up to you, but I would say - don't think you'll need to, or expect to, take all your gear with you all the time. For me, part of being a top Shadowrunner/taking this sort of 'Crash Crew' work, is that sometimes you will be dropped somewhere with just your pants, commlink and a pistol; or that there will only be one way in; or will even be on another continent.

Just so you know. A Citymaster moving base of operations does sound cool mind... and I'm sure there are plenty of secret passages, or bent border guards... a Citymaster *is* pretty conspicuous though. I guess you could mod that to make it less so, but while you can fool some of the people some of the time, you won't fool all of them all of the time....

Xethereal - Haven't forgotten your PM, will be on it.

lonewolf1210

• Newb
« Reply #81 on: <11-20-12/1707:40> »
Im bumping this, because I think you missed it:

I´ve got a couple of questions regarding the interaction of my Milspec armor and the two spells: Physical Mask and Fashion

I assume with a reasonable number of successes on Physical Mask, I should be able to walk openly through a city with the Milspec Armor on without raising attention, correct?

How does Fashion interact with the Milspec armor? Can I make it look like Combat Biking Armor or similar? If not, can I at least make the helmet look like a motorcycle helmet?

The problem with the helmet is that my commlink is in there, so even if im not wearing the whole Milspec armor, I´d like to wear the helmet.

Mysteris

• Newb
« Reply #82 on: <11-20-12/1739:03> »
Peat: If a citymaster is too conspicious, would an aerial base of operations work instead? Some tricked-out airship or something like that?

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #83 on: <11-20-12/1840:58> »
Lonewolf, you're right that I did, my apologies - will check those spells and get back to you.

Mysteris - The issue with an aerial base of operations would be that the air is constantly monitored; if you're not registered with the local Aviation Authority, they will be on your face like acne, and if you are, obviously that's a potential data trail.

Which is not to say it can't work. Or that the Citymaster can't work. Just there's issues you'd have to work around, and sometimes it would be a bad idea. But then, pretty much every job you will accept will be a Bad Idea. It's just you're that Bad Ass.

Mysteris

• Newb
« Reply #84 on: <11-20-12/1851:27> »
I see. :) I'm sure we'll make whatever travel arrangements we have to make work.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <11-20-12/1925:06> »
Sounds like a lot of fun. I like games where there are challenges. Looking forward to this!
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #86 on: <11-20-12/2044:21> »
Lonewolf - Fashion can do those things with the helmet, but remember you need a high force spell to affect stuff with an armour rating. And yes, Physical Mask could work like that.

Mysteris

• Newb
« Reply #87 on: <11-24-12/0158:24> »
Just curious. We are still starting this week, yes?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <11-24-12/0534:52> »
I think there was one more character sheet that needed mending before we start, so I'm guessing it should be some time this week.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #89 on: <11-25-12/1910:09> »
And that has happened - it's been a busy weekend, but watch this space ;)