NEWS

[IC] Horizon AFOC: Lights! Camera! Action!

  • 484 Replies
  • 79999 Views

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #450 on: <08-21-13/0159:45> »
"What the hell," Panther said, a bit groggy.  Thank the gods for good seatbelts.  Then she saw the drones.  She sent the footage of her Dragonfly to the rest of the team and she did a scan of the drones the enemy had sent out.  While the dragonfly could take out other drones, four was a bit too much for only one of hers.  But due to the chameleon coating on the drone, she was quite sure it wasn't really visible.  She also decided to stay in AR for now, as not to loose oversight on what was going on outside.
"We have no Martineau in the car, you morons," she shouted through the broken windshield.

[spoiler]
I assumed it was impact and not ballistic armour.  I saw in Arsenal that a rover has passanger protection 2, so I've added this as well.  If it has more, or if it's ballistic armour, let me know and i'll add some dice (I can use them  :) )
body 3 + armoured vest 6 + passanger protection 2 =11 (11d6.hits(5)=4)
I have 6S and a -2 penalty.

my first round action (simple action/drone, and I have 2 IP, so 4 simple actions): matrix perception on the four drones.
computer 4 + analyse 6 - 2 wound =8 (8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=5, 8d6.hits(5)=0, 8d6.hits(5)=4)
For all I want in order (depending on the hits I have I will get more or less information):
-access ID of person controlling them
-firewall rating
-analyse program rating
-current software running

@Kour: If I need to roll for negotiation or something, let me know.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #451 on: <08-21-13/1438:11> »
"Mierda de puta madre!", Rafa cursed while shaking his head. He checked himself for wounds -he didn't really feel any but didn't think it possible- but much to his surprise, the impact hadn't really hurt him all that much. He'd gotten very lucky and grimaced not because of the little pain he felt now, but more at the thought of the pain his muscles 'd feel tomorrow.
"Don't you pendejo's know how...", he started, leaving the car wreck. He closed his mouth when he noticed the weapons in the men's hands.

Panther spoke before he could, which was probably a good thing.
"You okay Panther? You don't look so hot.... Well... you know... Health-wise, that is."
He checked if the backback with his rifle was within range and tried estimating his odds of grabbing it and reaching some decent cover.

Quote
6 Body + 12 Impact Armor + 2 Passenger Protection (20d6.hits(5)=3)
Bah.
Edge reroll.
Edge (17d6.hits(5)=7)
W00T! All soaked. 1 edge left.

Rafa know anything about them? Gang knowledge (7d6.hits(5)=4)

Kouryuu

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2717
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #452 on: <08-22-13/1704:27> »
Two more appear from the back. A human and a Troll with glowing red cyber-eyes and a oversize katana on his back.

The troll speaks up as he steps forward and unsheathes his sword " Get your Black Dwarven ass out of the tin-can or i will have to cut it open for ya!"

If not before, then now it's clear that you are in a pinch - undermanned and under-powered. also a black dwarf reference is a clear indicator that someone has appeared to cash in on CareTakers Bounty.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #453 on: <08-22-13/1801:15> »
"What, yar brain not getting enough oxygen that high up?", Rafa asked looking up to the troll while stepping in between him and the car. "Crashing that truck into my car did a good 'nuf job of cracking it open already, don'tcha think?"
His neck cracked as he rolled his head left and right and flexed his shoulders.
"But, ya know, this don't have to turn all bloody and ugly with me shoving that iron up your ass.", he continued. "Like the woman said, we don't know anyone called that. But suppose we got a dwarf somewhere in that wreck, what'd he do to you that makes you wanna drive a truck over him?"

Quote
Etiquette, just for giggles (5d6.hits(5)=0)
Figures.
Composure vs. combat monster... Purposely being run over by a Roadmaster might be considered an attack... Composure (6d6.hits(5)=3)
Phew. At least he can run if/when necessary.

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #454 on: <08-23-13/0128:15> »
Panther stayed in the car wreck for now.  It would still offer some protection if lead started flying around.  She did activate her me-feed on PITO though and started live streaming.
"Just an FIY boys," she said, "we have loaned this car from a higher up in Horizon and everything I do is going out life on Pito.  Do you think he would like it very much that you wrecked it."
Next she checked to see if they also had a PITO feed running.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Sparkling Dragonfly

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • A shock of light can save you from your shadows
« Reply #455 on: <08-24-13/1145:22> »
"Joder!!!"  Aheuchei turned his bike sharply to the left. He had almost crashed in his companions's car. His bike's wheels slipped on the spilt oil, and he barely got it under control.
When the troll got in Rafa's way, it was clear this could get ugly. Ahuechei stopped amidst the other cars that were expressing their annoyance with the blocked street in a very loud way, and pulled out his gun.
He listened to the conversation. The only thing he understood was that they were looking for a dwarf. Caretaker? Aheuchei tried to spot his supposedly still just as immobile body as he had last seen him, on the back seat, but he only caught a glimpse of Panther.
"Panther, if you need me to take out the drones, just give me a sign," he said over the radio.
The surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the Universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #456 on: <08-24-13/1209:18> »
"Cover the guys," Panther subvocalised, "but don't fire yet.  I have the drones."
'I hope,' she didn't add.  But she had the ID, so she could spoof at least one of them to do something they probably didn't like.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Kouryuu

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2717
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #457 on: <08-25-13/1333:40> »
Ahechei pulling his HPistol changed the layout of the situation. His action called the attention of two of the drones and one of the three armed figures. the only human left his 2 orks colleges and pointed his AK-97 towards Ahuechei "No funny business there!"

"Slow there, we do not get paid for your heads. Emanuel is the only one we are interested at the moment." there Troll said to Rafa pointing his sword direct to his face "but Eamnuel Martineau we are bringing in to Seader Kurp wants him and they are willing to pay us 100k + expenses for acquiring him for them. Can you top that, twerp?" The troll asked Rafa "Doubt you ever have seen so much in on place ever." he laughed it off.
 "Martineau is there, we followed them the whole way from Derma club." his voice he shouted over to the other group, still keeping an eye at Rafa seeing how he reacts. "You have 10 seconds left!"
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #458 on: <08-25-13/1408:39> »
"Uhm, just so we're clear here, you both understand we ain't got a chance in hell to beat these guys if this comes to fighting?", Rafa whispered over the comm channel, his voice calm and steady despite the message.

He wasn't happy with the situation at all. He didn't like not knowing about Caretaker's apparent enemies, didn't like Panther mentioning their employer, didn't like Ahuechei pulling a gun, didn't like not having a gun himself and especially didn't like not having noticed a fucking tank driving their way until it'd been too late to avoid it.

Rafa whistled appreciatively. "That's a lotta money. You can buy a lotta troll-sized panties for that, huh, big guy?"
"If you've been following, you gotta know the dwarf's kinda, I dunno... broken, right? Tell yar mage to come closer and check it out. Only him."
Rafa winked at the troll. "Makes it easier to do the whole 'geek the mage first' thing if this turns bad, too. Oh and by the way, you guys know there's like a whole buncha cops just a block away, right? Been kinda busy tonight."
« Last Edit: <08-25-13/1411:25> by Xzylvador »

Sparkling Dragonfly

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • A shock of light can save you from your shadows
« Reply #459 on: <08-25-13/1425:22> »
"I don't take kindly to a gun being pointed at my face," Ahuechei growled in a low voice, but he had to agree to Rafa's reasoning. They didn't have any backup, and Rafa apparently wasn't armed, so that left - what? Him against an unknown number of military trained shooters, and four drones? Right...

"My colleague already said we don't know anybody who goes by that name, and I second her. However, you sound just as sure that you do. I assume you want to sort this mess out soon, before any unwelcome people join our little party, right? So, how can you prove that our dwarf is the one you need?"
The surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the Universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

Kouryuu

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2717
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #460 on: <08-25-13/2008:17> »
"You might not know him, but we do!" said the human Aiming at Ahuechei. "Hand him over!" one of the Orks next to him added " if our tests runs a Negative match on his criminal Sin, then you can keep him and we are out of your way."

Akuma glared ar Rafa : "This money can buy you a grave. How about that?"

Quote from: OOC
Perception everybody :)

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Sparkling Dragonfly

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • A shock of light can save you from your shadows
« Reply #461 on: <08-30-13/1302:07> »
Ahuechei weighed his options and the best chances of survival for him and his teammates. He said quietly over the radio:
"To be frank, I don't know the guy, I met him today. You must know him better. If you say he's worth fighting for, I've got your six. So - it's your call."
The surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the Universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

Kouryuu

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2717
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #462 on: <08-30-13/1456:54> »
Ahuechei noticed a sound above his head, it was not the drones that were swirling over him aiming his guns at him, but something else, but to his dismay there was just too much noise coming from the drones to pick it out.

"Time is up!" The troll Called to Rafa, "what will it be, Death for this sorry excuse for a Meta-human?"

The others ready their weapons.

Quote from: OOC
Roll INI, Talking still you can but soon .....  ::)
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #463 on: <08-30-13/1553:27> »
"'Frak is wrong with ya morons? Think we don't know we're outgunned? We ain't makin' excuses. But if we're goin' down, I'm taking some of ya with me."

Quote
Init. (10d6.hits(5)=1) Figures.

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #464 on: <08-30-13/1625:02> »
[spoiler]
initiative 8 (8d6.hits(5)=2)
init 10, 2IP

OOC: I'll be off for the week-end and I won't have much internet access the following week.

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"