NEWS

[IC] Horizon AFOC: Lights! Camera! Action!

• 484 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #435 on: <07-30-13/1324:44> »
"Let's keep on the roof for now and try to get off at the other side," Panther said, "but be careful, this roof isn't all that strong I have a feeling."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #436 on: <07-30-13/1546:08> »
"Yeah. If we go down, the only exit's back to the club, we might's well have walked out of the front entrance. Let's get a little further away..."
He looked at the state of the roof and nodded in agreement with Panther. "Probably best to drag Caretaker instead o' lifting him, spread the weight a bit.
You should take point, Panther. I'm guessin' you weigh a little bit less than us, maybe warn us if the floor gets too wonky.
Ahuechei, think you can do the dragging? I'll watch your backs. Rifle's got good range and if I fall behind 'cuz of  trouble, I can catch up easiest."
« Last Edit: <07-30-13/1549:47> by Xzylvador »

Sparkling Dragonfly

• Newb
  • A shock of light can save you from your shadows
« Reply #437 on: <08-01-13/1223:18> »
Ahuechei nodded in approval of the plan.
"Está bien, let's put some roof between us and those guys,"  he said and eyed the surface before them suspiciously. He did not like the idea of falling through it, not in the least. Who knew what lay hidden under?
He lay the unmoving body of Caretaker down, and for a moment, watched him in hopes the dwarf would wake up and make their life less complicated. Then he sighed and proceeded to adjust the hold by joining his hands just below Caretaker's arms and across jis chest.
"Let's move. How far can we go, Panther? You seemed to know what was wrong with him. "
The surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the Universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #438 on: <08-01-13/1311:19> »
"Okay," Panther said, loading the map of LA she had gotten and zooming in on her current location.  Maybe the building wouldn't be correct, but at least the roads and alleys would be on there and that was information that would be useful right now.

While moving, she grabbed in her backpack and took out her dragonfly.  She activated the drone and launched it.
"Some air recon should be a good idea," she said to the others, while sending the little drone to patrol the air.  An AR window gave her a view of what the drone saw with its camera.  She not only kept an eye on the police behind them, but also what happened in front of them.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #439 on: <08-04-13/1836:06> »
Panther moved forward very slowly, watching every step on the way. Seeing it happen you might think she is walking on thin ice. Until it broke that is, it might have been her attention on the drone or maybe she just missed the signs of decay but she stepped on a piece of the roof that just could not support her, it started to crack and only a quick sidestep on Panthers behalf saved her from falling down. The rest of the roof she crossed without any problems. Rafa did follow the way Panther was walking and had no difficulties on the crossing.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #440 on: <08-06-13/0131:55> »
"That was close," Panther said as she got to the other side, "now let's get the hell out of here before they launch some aerial recon."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #441 on: <08-06-13/0826:58> »
Rafa caught up quickly, helped the rest atop the roof of the higher building and rapidly climbed up himself.
"Not a bad idea. What're we gonna do about transportation and how do we deal with sleeping beauty here, though? Take a cab and say he's drunk?"
« Last Edit: <08-09-13/0936:38> by Xzylvador »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #442 on: <08-06-13/1251:04> »
"Isn't your bike back in Seattle," Panther asked, "as for him, we can quickly bring him to the hotel.  There I can also check that chip we got.  It will be calmer and if I have to go in VR, a bit more comfortable than here."

Sparkling Dragonfly

• Newb
« Reply #443 on: <08-08-13/0651:07> »
"Rafa, you drove the car to the... That place, whater it was called, " Ahuechei gestured back at the club. "Do you still have the access? I could call for my bike, but we won't fit on it, not all of us. It would make more sense to go by car, together. I wouldn't feel safe hiring a cab. That's another set if eyes on us when we really don't need it. Or, if we can't get in the car, I can take him with me on my vike, and you two take a cab. Or two. Go first in a wrong direction, then take another cab to take you to some place near the hotel, walking distance. And we'll meet there."
« Last Edit: <08-11-13/0342:41> by Sparkling Dragonfly »
The surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the Universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #444 on: <08-12-13/0113:32> »
"I'll get the car up here," Panther said as she opened an AR window and logged in on the car.  It wouldn't be easy to drive remotely, but she had done this before and she wasn't going to drive too fast anyways, as that would attract attention.  While continuing over the roofs, she had the car meet them a couple of blocks down at a spot where they could get of the roofs (ie, no cops and no (or not) too many other people).

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #445 on: <08-12-13/0801:53> »
You all make it over the remaining rooftops without any problems. There are some planks and other pathways across the alley you have to cross.
RainDragonBar

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #446 on: <08-14-13/0434:41> »
"Let's get in the car and the hell away from here. Panther, you know how to check these chips you got? Let's hope that Desperado guy knows some talismonger or shaman or whatever mojoslinger to fix Caretaker."
Rafa helped everyone get down, then quickly disassembled his rifle before dropping himself to the pavement and joining the rest.

Sparkling Dragonfly

• Newb
« Reply #447 on: <08-18-13/1306:23> »
Ahuechei followed Panther's example and called for his bike.
"Get in, I'll follow you guys at about one minute's distance. Let me know in case you're in some kind of trouble."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #448 on: <08-18-13/1337:33> »
"No worries," Panther said, "it might take a while, but I'll get through.  And if that system they were running it on was so old, I doubt that it will be all that much trouble.  Now let's get out of here."

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #449 on: <08-20-13/1957:37> »
You all manage to get back to your rides, Rafa Casually turns on the Autopilot and turns to more important stuff, Panther follows his example, as for CareTaker - he is his usual silent self. Ahuechei riding on a bike some distance behind them has none of this luxury and has to deal with the boredom of driving according to the law of the road.

Half way to the Hotel, the alarm of the Rover starts blinking read and buzzing throughout the whole car big red Sentence is blinking in the AR of the Rovers Window "Collision course!"

At First Rafa does not understand what is going on. the red light is too far off to cause this ruckus. Just as he notices the Roar of a big engine a Ares Road-master rams the Rover from the side into the wall of the roadside building. Ahuechei just Barely avoids to crashing in the carnage himself.

AS soon as the vehicles stop, 3 figures step out of the Roadmaster. you notice 4 drones taking off from it's roof as well.
"Emmanuel Martineau! We know you are in the Car! Step out with both your hands behind your head. You have a trip back home waiting for you."
Now you notice that they all wear the Black and red colors, but no gang markings.
"you have 15 seconds!"
All figures seem to have automatic weapons to brandish and a pistol at their sides. it seems that this group is well armed and dangerous.

Quote from: OOC
Every one in the Rover soak 10S damage
« Last Edit: <08-20-13/2021:59> by Kouryuu »
RainDragonBar