NEWS

[IC] Playing For Fools I

• 129 Replies

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <10-21-11/1714:54> »
Monday February 15, 2072; 20:57 Roasted Beans Coffee Shop, Seattle Downtown, UCAS
Jackson Hart PAN= passive "Roan Linth" SIN rt.4

A few minutes after the first two show up, a well tuned motor cycle pulled into the parking lot, it's rider getting off and removing his helmet, showing the other two shadowrunners that it was Jackson. Nodding to them, he casually slid up to the counter, waiting in line to get something to drink before heading over. "Evening, ladies. I see the rest of our  group haven't shown yet. Tis a shame to leave such fine women waiting," he says, sitting in a free chair with his simple mocha with whipped cream, using the playfull banter to mask why he was there to anyone curious.

"I do hope they show soon. Wouldn't be a proper party, no?" he asked, taking a sip.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #121 on: <10-21-11/2130:39> »
Monday February 15, 2072; 21:00 Roasted Beans Coffee Shop, Seattle Downtown, UCAS
Sharp PAN= passive "Nicholas Spikings" SIN rt.4

Talon sighs and checks the time, still have an hour before the meeting... @Dancer So what are you up to? Anything new? Do you have ANY idea how bored I am right now? Static surveillance is not my strong suit...

Monday February 15, 2072; 21:45 Roasted Beans Coffee Shop, Seattle Downtown, UCAS

Talon walks around the corner in view of the coffee shop, jogging across the street and entering nonchalantly, quickly offering his order, and walking over to the table, smiling cheerfully. "Finally time to do something, was so tired of sitting around waiting. How has the conversation been? Anyone got anything new to share?" Winking at Dancer as he takes a seat.
« Last Edit: <10-21-11/2134:39> by Deliverator »

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #122 on: <10-23-11/2244:50> »
Monday February 15, 2072; ~21:45, Roasted Beans Coffee Shop, Seattle Downtown, UCAS
Eliza Gebb("Ada"), PAN = Passive (Meta Link), Hidden (Major); Broadcasting Ada Byron SIN rt.4

"The talk was quite enjoyable; join us, please. There's nothing really worth mentioning about the businnes, though." At the exact same time in which Ada answers Sharp, a message is sent to his PAN "Job talk will have to wait 'till we got into a more secure place. Even though, it's better to discuss it when everything arrives. We can just relax a little."

"I believe there's some minutes yet until everyone get here; I hope you don't find waiting with me, Roan and Jenna as tiresome as waiting alone." Ada comments, in a kidding tone.

lwcoyote

• Newb
« Reply #123 on: <10-25-11/1923:24> »
Monday February 15, 2072; ~21:45, Roasted Beans Coffee Shop, Seattle Downtown, UCAS
PAN Status = Passive
SIN Status = Jenna McIntyre

Dancer nods to Ada, reaching for her own drink and taking a sip, savouring the fake-chocolate taste. "Similar results here; either I'm talking to the wrong people, or I'm asking the wrong questions. Most I got was indications of a lack of reliability." she offers, shrugging a little.

"It indeed could be. Hopefully the others have more to go on. I don't mind going in too blind, but... not my preference." Jenna adds with a little chuckle.

As Roan arrives, she offers him a smile, then shrugs. "I enjoy Ada's company, so no hardship here." she replies, winking to the other female before reaching out to scoop up a finger of the whipped cream from Roans drink and suckling it off of the digit. "Its getting close to ten though, they better not be late."

When Talon joins them, Jenna shifts over a bit to give him space at the smaller table. "Sorry I didn't respond to your messages earlier, Tal, I was napping." she apologizes, her tone amused. "And as Ada mentioned, nothing really new to add. Hopefully the others had better luck."

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <10-28-11/1217:06> »
Monday February 15, 2072; 21:57 Roasted Beans Coffee Shop, Seattle Downtown, UCAS

Jackson blinked, the flirtatious move by Jenna taking him off guard, the smuggler shaking his head a little bit before taking a sip. "So, any ideas as to what's playing tonight? Hoping we'll see a thriller or spy movie over an action mocie myself." he said, doing his best to recover from the slight fluster the tease had caused.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #125 on: <10-29-11/1414:37> »
Monday February 15, 2072; 21:45~ Roasted Beans Coffee Shop, Seattle Downtown, UCAS
"Too bad I wasn't invited to enjoy your nap" Talon yawns and sighs heavily, then slyly makes a beautiful flower appear in his hand and offers it to Dancer with a wink and a smile. "I grow them myself, its quite therapeutic. These are the only ones I could convince to live long enough to bloom"

]Monday February 15, 2072; 21:57
Talon finishes his brew, and stands offering his hands to Dancer and Ada, "Shall we ladies?"

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #126 on: <10-29-11/1457:33> »
Monday February 15, 2072; 22:00, Roasted Beans coffee shop, Downtown
Dirk Blackwater; PAN=Passive SIN: Shin Shoryuken Rt.4

Walking into the coffee shop, Dirk heads directly for the counter and orders a black coffee with an extra shot of expresso. He knows that this isn't real coffee, but is made from a synthetic coffee bean based on soy that's a rude approximation of the real thing. At least it has lots and lots of caffeine.

Dirk walks over to the table where the other runners are seated. Waiting for a break in the conversation, he says in a deep voice:
"Hola chummers.. looks like we're all here. Let's go."

Dirk gives a quick nod towards the door, and walks outside. The entrance to the Underground wasn't far away. Dirk sees the rest of the team get up and follow him. He walks down the stairwell to the double doors, pushes them open, and waves the team inside.

After what seems to be an impossibly long walk through a maze of twists and turns, they arrive at the safehouse known as the "Grey Room." Grinder meets them at the door, and the young ork wordlessly waves off the bouncer and walks them back to the private room. The soundproofed and sound absorbent walls make footfalls die instantly, making dull clicking sounds where an echoing clatter would be expected. The room is small but neat, with a round poker table in the middle set up with 10 chairs around it. Along one wall there was a pair of canvas cots set up. A plastic cooler sat along the adjoining wall, full of ice and bottled water.

Blackjack slotted Grinder's credstick and transferred the promised 300 creds, and gave him another 50 to order some food to get things started. Grinder bowed and left the room Immediately, calling over a waitress and giving her the order before closing the door behind him.

"I paid for the table fee, but I promised him that we'd spend 100 creds each on food and drinks over the next 36 hours. I hope everyone's ok with the arrangements."

Dirk sends everyone the revised map of both the aboveground facility and the underground escape route back to the safehouse, then sits at the table and folds his synthetic hands in front of him, waiting for the others to sit and get comfortable.

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #127 on: <10-31-11/1635:05> »
Monday February 15, 2072; ~22:0, The Grey Room, Ork Underground, UCAS
Eliza Gebb("Ada"), PAN = Passive (Meta Link), Hidden (Major); Broadcasting Ada Byron SIN rt.4

"I'm cool with the arrangement; the place is not necessarily my habitat, but it seems appropriate." Ada's gaze scans the room. So far, so good, she thinks. Then, she chooses a sit, and after stretching her arms a little, comments: "But I really hope they have something not synthetic to eat. I can't stand soy-food."

After a little while, she shares some news with the others:

"Well, guys, I was really not lucky in getting any info about the Matrix security of the place; my contact has been strangely quiet all these hours." Ada seems really concerned about that, but when she starts talking again, her more serious demeanor has already given place to a joyful and playful face: "Are you familiar with working with a Tactical Network Software?"

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #128 on: <11-02-11/0250:53> »
Monday February 15, 2072; 22:00, The Grey Room, Ork Underground, UCAS

"I know I don't. Never had a use for it, and I'm augment free. Had a doctor look at me when I went in for a check up to get an internal 'link, and he strongly advised against it. Apparently my immune system has a bit of a hate for stuff that's not actually me." he said, nodding. "That, and I'm usually working alone. I'm just a simple courier, after all." Jackson told Eliza with a wink. "So either someone's gonna have to loan me the program for my 'link, though I might be better off with out something extra confusing the drek out of me."

"F*** subtle." - Dresden

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #129 on: <11-02-11/0359:07> »
Monday February 15, 2072; 22:01, The Grey Room, Ork Underground, UCAS

Talon steps into the room and runs a finger across the table. "Not exactly sanitary... but it will do" Rubbing his fingers together Talon plops his pack on the table, and begins relaying what information he gathered. "I don't have any sources in Seattle... at least none who would have information about my work. But I did spend several hours watching the security on the building. Nothing spectacular happened, just watched a shift change and a patrol. Can't really see much from outside. But if anyone needs a place to sleep, I found a nice empty office building with very few occupants."

Talon takes a seat, and kicks back, feet up on the table. "As far as tacnets, I've used them in the past. Still have the software. Very useful, helps a lot. Requires participation from multiple members of a group, so I hope a few of you have the sensors to provide some information to the tacnet."