NEWS

[IC] Honest to god milk runs, Part 1- (Party Crashers)

• 68 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #60 on: <04-12-15/0000:33> »
"Hey is that the newest Karl Kombatmage?  I thought the action sequences were pretty wiz, but the last Sukie Redflower had way better story."

Only glancing down at the "counter" for a moment, the man's eyes shift to yours with an enthusiastic gleam in them. "Yeah, Yeah! Chip truth, girl! They can't all be Sukie though, wiz? If they were..." He swivels his chair to face you better while putting out his cigarette, and in so doing, manages to check you out again. "If they were, we wouldn't appreciate the ones that are, right?" He's clearly putting his best moves on you, and they aren't that great. You can see the upside down image of a 50 year old arcade game reflected in his baldspot.

At first, the orkish mother is a bit taken aback when Shortstuff walks up, plunks a token into the machine and begins helping her child with his technique. But it only takes a moment for her to recognize the genuine joy in her toddler's face at being helped out by a grown up who's even smaller than he is. Within a few games, the child's skill is improving and Shortstuff is able to steer the conversation with his friendly mother in any direction he wishes.

"Current mark for the job your friend Onesixseven sent my way. Not killing or kidnapping, just keeping her from summoning a watcher spirit. in fact, killing or hurting anybody is against the contract itself. You have any idea where any of her or her associate's are? I won't let them know who sold them out."

Snake takes a long, slow drag off his cigar, filling the air with a cloud the size only troll lungs could make with that thoughtful look on his face. He's weighing options. Doing math. Trying to predict the future based on remembered trends from the past. He lets your words and the smoke hang in the air together for a prolonged moment before raising the stogie to his lips again, but just before he inhales this time, he speaks. "Fifteen percent." He's got the closest thing to an actual smile as he ever gets on his lips as he inhales once more, patiently waiting for your response.

« Last Edit: <04-12-15/0002:42> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <04-13-15/2132:25> »
"Let me check with y team first. Some of them might not like that much coming out of their pay check. If it is fifteen, you only get the fifteen if the information is good." Said Liz as she she quickly sent a message through her comb.

>>To: All
>>From: Lizzy
>>I've got a possible lead on Twiss' location. Informant wants 15%. What's the maximum you guys are willing to accept?

Some people might consider it cowardly and weak-willed of Lizzy to check with her team first before negotiating, but she didn't know these people as well as she did the folks back at Tir, and didn't want to make some new enemies jsut because she didn't understand the locals.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <04-13-15/2134:56> »
"Let me check with y team first. Some of them might not like that much coming out of their pay check. If it is fifteen, you only get the fifteen if the information is good." Said Liz

Before you can get the comm out, Snake interrupts you. "Naw. Just your cut."
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <04-20-15/1638:46> »
"How kind of you." Lizzy said sarcastically "15% it is"
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <04-20-15/1801:14> »
Happy with the way "negotiations" had gone, he leans back in his chair a bit and stretches his broad shoulders some, leaving the cigar in his mouth as he does. "Twiss has been building a lodge under the pier; a strong one. Her and her apprentice. Working fast. Been buying supplies from me." He smiles as he watches you think about what "under the pier" means.

[spoiler]Gimme an area knowledge, Jacksonville roll, eh?[/spoiler]

The cigar is growing short quicker than it should. Snake always smokes human sized cigars instead of those more appropriate to the size of his lungs and fingers, so they have a tendency to do that. As he sits in down in the ashtray, he leans forward toward you. "Now Lizzy, she knows someone is coming to stop her. She's hired muscle you know? Not much. Not high price. Still. Thought you should know."

"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <04-21-15/1904:07> »
"Thanks Snake" Lizzy lef the store and sent off a comn message before leaving. She had no idea what the geogrpahy of this place was, she had only been here for a few weeks, and she wasn't that good at maps anyway.

>>To:All
>>My contact cay's that Twiss and her apprentices have set up their lodge underneath the Pier. Anybody know what that is? Also, apparently Twiss has hired some muscle.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <06-20-15/2347:42> »
Short Stuff starts chatting more with the mother, and asks about some of the other players.  He says he's got an old Phillipino friend that probably comes here often, asks if she's seen anyone like him around?  He'd really like to get back in touch with him.  All the while he's really digging playing ski-ball.  From 5 meters away you'd never know it wasn't a pre-teen just having the time of his life playing an old fashioned arcade game.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <06-21-15/1349:36> »
QT - Arcade Talking to man with a shiny baldspot on his head.

"Of course not." QT Replies shaking her head. "Of course there are some games I've never been that able to do either, Like that one with the balls in the holes. Give me a light gun game any time, or perhaps some bumper cars. Though I did hear there was some wiz around here who loves putting balls in holes."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <06-21-15/1531:43> »

>>To:All
>>My contact cay's that Twiss and her apprentices have set up their lodge underneath the Pier. Anybody know what that is? Also, apparently Twiss has hired some muscle.

Patch sits back and keeps an eye on the others. When he gets the comm message he thinks for a moment then replies.

>>To: All -
>>Probably means the Jacksonville Beach Pier, it's an old tourist spot turned squalor hole for about 1000 or so. <<
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal