NEWS

[IC] Waves of Desperation (Seattle Gauntlet, Part I)

• 374 Replies

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #360 on: <10-01-13/0506:53> »
The mage blinked as the phone began ringing again after he ended the call with Ms Steele. Realising he wouldn't get a chance to get the phone down to Miko before it finished ringing, he figured he'd answer it and tell them to hold a moment. Besides, they might not be asking for Miko. He resisted the urge to even attempt to mimic her voice. A welsh, tired male accent does not a female voice make. He answered the call.

"Um... Hello?" He queried, jogging down to where Miko would be. "Can I help you?" He added, trying to sound as polite as possible.

Stray, huh? Heh, how appropriate.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #361 on: <10-01-13/0532:11> »
--Joel--

As soon as you took the call, a woman's voice, anxious and full of tears, burst into the speaker. "Oh, Jade, i'm so glad you're alive, i've seen the news, it was so horrible, and i didn't know what to think, you told me you'd be there today, sorry i didn't take your call immediately..." Her voice trailed away, she was obviously shocked by your voice, a different one than she expected. Shaky and saturated with growing fear, she asked "Who... who're you? Where's Jade?"
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #362 on: <10-01-13/0549:57> »
"In her room, I'm running to it now, miss. I apologise for startling you." He was apologetic. The poor girl seemed like she was having an awful day. He didn't want to add to it. "Please hold for a few, I didn't think I'd get to her room before it rang off. She said someone would call her, I guess that would be you." He continued between breaths as he strode quickly to Miko's room.

I guess Miko would be part of my 'pack' now... He thought.

When he got to Miko's room, he rapped sharply on the door.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #363 on: <10-01-13/0757:25> »
Jade had just finished her shower, or at least what you could call a shower in this hotel.  At least she felt reasonably clean.  When there was a knock on the door, she opened, dressed in only a towel.  Luckily they also came in larger variants.
"Oh, hey Joel," she said, "what's up?"

[spoiler]
OOC: you see in front of you a good looking troll woman (for a troll at least) dressed in a towel that covers the bare necessities, but not much more.  :o
The silk skin mod she has goes everywhere you can see.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-01-13/0800:24> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #364 on: <10-01-13/1054:34> »
--Joel--

The woman on the other end was silent for a few seconds, then, in a tiny voice, said "OK, i'll hold."
Bulldog
Stake

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #365 on: <10-01-13/1111:40> »
Joel raised his eyebrows slightly in surprise, and his eyes widened, but he focused on her face. "Call for you. She seems rather worried about you." He explained the knocking on her door, holding out the commlink. He wasn't really interested in looking at the body on display, although he did wish that he was seeing that build, only on someone with certain different parts. Then again, he was tired enough that he probably wouldn't notice anyway. In any case, he hoped that he hadn't frightened the poor girl on the other end of the call too much by answering the 'link.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #366 on: <10-01-13/1323:38> »
"Thanks," Jade said before going back in her room.
"Hey, Jade here," she said into the comm, sitting down on the bed (not that there was anywhere else to sit).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #367 on: <10-01-13/1546:02> »
--Miko--

"Jade?" You felt the uncertainty in Annie's voice. "Is that... really you? Who was that guy... that took the call?" You heard that she must have been crying, must have been afraid, and the fact that Joel took the call was something that shocked her so much that it completely took her monumentum away.
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #368 on: <10-01-13/1600:32> »
"One of the other guys who's in the same shit I'm in," Jade said, "we only have one comm, so we're sharing at the moment to check up on people we know and try to find out what the hell is going on.  Which is why I called actually.  Have you heard something about the WaveRider, but not what's on the news?  That's all bullshit anyways."

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #369 on: <10-01-13/1613:50> »
"I know most of that drek is BS, starting with your picture among those guys' pictures. I hope you don't meet them, the dwarf had such a dangerous glint in his eyes, he must be really bad." As Annie spoke, so did her confidence return, slowly, but surely. "And i don't know if anything will hit the streets of the truth behind that... behind what happened today. Even if it will, it won't be today. I can keep my ears open." As the shock receded, so did the worry return. "Anyway, do you have a place to stay? You know my door's always open to you, and the matress is big enough to accomodate both of us."
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #370 on: <10-02-13/0125:07> »
"We're going to keep away from Downtown for now," Jade said, "but thanks for the offer.  Say, I spoke to Diego before talking to you, and he of course didn't want anything to do with this.  But I've said that should he find out something, he can always come and talk to you.  I'm not sure if he will, but if he does, can you forward it to me?"

She didn't tell her that the dwarf was indeed part of the group, as were all the others.  No sense in upsetting her.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #371 on: <10-02-13/0720:30> »
"I don't think he will but if he does, i will certainly send it your way." Annie wasn't too fond of Diego. "Look, i gotta run, there's a client in 15 minutes. Don't disappear on me, i want to hear about you regularly, okay?" After hearing your answer and saying your goodbyes, she hung up.
Bulldog
Stake

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #372 on: <10-02-13/1904:18> »
Joel moved back to his room, heading in and closing the door. He blinked back into Astral Perception  briefly to look at the spirit. "Thank you for watching over us, packmate. I will be fine for now, you should return back to your home." He bade farewell to the spirit as he lay back in the bed. He had a lot on his mind, but the exhaustion and magical drain took their toll; he fell asleep between one thought and the next.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #373 on: <10-03-13/0544:16> »
Although time was still young, the events of the day exhausted all of you. Sleep, however, didn't come easy for all. However, sooner or later, all of you fell into a restless slumber...
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #374 on: <10-03-13/0549:32> »
End of Part I
continued in: Downtime topic
Bulldog
Stake