NEWS

[IC] Waves of Desperation (Seattle Gauntlet, Part I)

  • 374 Replies
  • 55410 Views

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #300 on: <09-15-13/2039:26> »
Leroy followed closely in tow behind Matt.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #301 on: <09-16-13/1100:25> »
The ladder up the manhole was slippery. Narrow streams of water seeped in at the edges of the cover, saturated with the filth of the streets above. Matt tried to lift the cover cautiously but it didnít respond to careful nudging. When he tried with a sudden and angry movement, it gave way with a sucking noise.

You arrived in a remote corner of Touristville, already in Redmond but not in the wilds of the true Barrens. This area was still retaining a semblance of order and security, occasionally drawing even the richest kids for ďslumming partiesĒ.
You climbed up in a narrow street. A steady drizzle drove inside all who had no business outside. Two homeless guys huddled up against the wall in a nearby alley, under a makeshift roof of cardboard and trash. They didnít look at you twice, trying to utilize the age-old method of ďI donít see U, U donít see meĒ. The air was unusually clean, though traces of smoke, dust and dirt could still be felt.

You all felt a little lost. Mattís GPS showed a general idea where you were but the map he had wasnít complete. You could usually reach public maps and NavPoints with a thought (or a flick of a wrist), but today, it was only silhouettes, without smaller streets showing up.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #302 on: <09-16-13/1120:40> »
Being out in the fresh air was a relief for Matt's lungs, and the dusky light was a relief for his eyes after having strained after his flashlight beam for a couple of hours.
Matt knew he probably smelled like shit and people would stay clear, even here, but the feeling of being lost and in a strange place really had Matt on edge.
He took a good look around, trying to get his bearings. A street name, shop front or anything would be useful.
[spoiler]percep 4, int 3, co processor 2, wound 1 (8d6.hits(5)=4) [/spoiler]
Matt offered his arm to the others as they climbed up into the evening air, You guys know this area at all?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #303 on: <09-16-13/1314:24> »
"Not really," Jade said as she climbed out and put the manhole back in place, "I know more about the other side of town."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #304 on: <09-16-13/1919:23> »
You guys know this area at all?

[spoiler]INT 4 + Area Knowledge: Seattle 2 - Wounded 1 = 5 (5d6.hits(5)=1)[/spoiler]

"Yeah, looks like we're at the corner of 'get fragged' and 'slot-off'."

Leroy let out a sigh.

"Think those hobos might know of a place where we can stay dry and rest for the night until we get our heads straight?"

He looked over at Joel, noting the dried up blood on his nose brought on by his failed summoning attempt in the sewers.

"... and somewhere where I can take care of homeboy's allergies?"

He cracked a grin to show the jest was in good nature.

I really gotta take a shit...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

MaxKojote

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 556
« Reply #305 on: <09-17-13/0047:38> »
Joel rolled his eyes at Leroy's comment, smiling slightly. "I admit, I've never been out here before, I haven't the foggiest idea where anything is." He confessed. "As for the hobos, I'm sure if we could pay them, they'd give us information." He added quietly.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #306 on: <09-17-13/0340:19> »
"Miko, go talk to them.  If they get lippy you can always threaten to crack their skulls open."
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #307 on: <09-17-13/0431:33> »
Also, can you see if they can point us to a coffin motel that takes credstick, and a vending machine that stocks disposable commlinks?, cheers
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #308 on: <09-17-13/0909:08> »
--Leroy--
You didnít really know this particular part of Redmond. Well, if this was Touristville, you knew you still had to take care, it was said that the occasional KE patrol still found its way down here. But it was much less of a danger than anywhere else in the city, except maybe for parts of Puyallup.
Street names mustíve been here, but most of the official AROs stopped working a long time ago. Ads, gang signs, and expletives littered the virtual street view, but as you looked for a sign telling you where to go, you noticed a thicker presence of AROs somewhere north of you. That must have been some more frequented hub, with some shops and bars and coffin-hotels.
[spoiler=test]Roll an INT + Bars and Clubs test.[/spoiler]

--Matt--
You noticed nothing out of the ordinary, maybe except the state of things on the street. Maintenance was long overdue for most of the things: street lights would be sparse in the night, as most of them were broken or missing; drains were plugged by muck and trash; and you saw two cars, one of them missing everything except the chassis and the body, the other burned-out. AROs werenít helpful either, although you noticed some kind of order among them. One of the gang signs was dominant, white dawn illuminating a grey mist.
[spoiler]Roll an INT + Seattle Street Gangs test.[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #309 on: <09-17-13/1031:45> »
Leroy didn't know where he was, but it's not like this was the first time he'd been in an environment like this one.

Bright neon lights bunched together almost as tightly as the aggressive ARO advertisements.  I doubt there's any glitzy malls out here so that could only mean booze holes.

[spoiler]INT 4 + Bars and Clubs 2 - Wounded 1 = 5 (5d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #310 on: <09-17-13/1335:10> »
"Sure, why not," Jade said, before lumbering towards the two.
"Hey, you guys know exactly where we are," she asked them, staying a bit away from them.  This was both to make sure they didn't feel threatened and also to keep out of the smell.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #311 on: <09-17-13/1350:38> »
[spoiler]5d6.hits(5)=2[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #312 on: <09-17-13/1652:57> »
--Leroy--
One of the AROs in the distance seemed familiar. When you checked it again, you found you knew it, one of your colleagues, who was always known for his curiosity, told you about the place. He told all kinds of tall tales but you were sure the place was quiet and nobody asked too much questions of others. It was Club Downfall, which was rumored to be a gathering place for unregistered mojo-slingers and adepts.


--Matt--
This wasn't your usual area, so you didn't recognize the gang, but you were pretty sure it wasn't among those on top of the food chain. They must have been some low-key gathering.


--Miko--
The two guys looked up on you, a wary expression appearing instantly on the face of one. The other, however, must have been intoxicated pretty bad. He spoke up with a bad slur, as he tried to focus his sight on you.
"- You're 'n the rain... cough... darl'n, 'n shom' deep shit ash i shee it. Heh-heh." He obviously refers to where you came from, as he gives a mixed bout of coughs and cackles. The other one speaks in an alarmed voice.
"- Shut your trap, Marl, look at how big she is."
"- Fugg 'er, she dunneven... cough... kno where she ish lessh than ush, she mushtbe sho high on shome shit. Hey... cough... babe, got shome more o'that shit? Can give shometshin' for it yo won' forget any shoon. Heh-heh-cough."

« Last Edit: <09-17-13/1812:32> by Ren »
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #313 on: <09-17-13/1919:58> »
"Look guys, keep something in mind...  We're wanted.  We need to keep in mind that people might sell us out to KE for a quick buck so keep yo shit incognito.  Don't go around attractin' attention."

Leroy looked from a distance to Miko, waiting to see how that played out before moving towards Club Downfall.  He moved close to Joel, points to Club Downfall, and spoke in a lower voice.

"The place is known for you fuckin' wizard types.  Could be all rumors since I ain't ever actually been in there.  I honestly would feel a lot better if you were in there with us just in case.  That bar seems like the next logical step... the next logical step after finding a motel that is."

He glanced back over at Miko.

He looked back at Joel.

"Yeah we need to get you cleaned up before heading in there you look like shit." He said pointing to the dried blood on Joel's upper lip.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #314 on: <09-18-13/0130:50> »
'This was so not going good,' Miko thought.  Well, at least the one would probably not remember her.  She concentrated on the one who seemed at least a bit coherent and put a step forward.
"I'm going to ask nicely only one more time," she grumbled, "where the frag are we?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"