NEWS

[IC] Waves of Desperation (Seattle Gauntlet, Part I)

  • 374 Replies
  • 56147 Views

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #270 on: <09-04-13/0556:33> »
[spoiler=Mikoís attack]Rolling a single die for your reach: Reach (1d6.hits(5)=1)
Damage code is 3S (STR/2) + 4 hits = 7S, no AP
Resistance test: BOD(4) + Impact(10) (14d6.hits(5)=4); spending Edge: BOD(4) + Impact(10) - hits(4) (10d6.hits(5)=2), damage taken: 1S
Note: you have the opportunity to follow through with another attack (Finishing move), while the guard is still unable to defend against it. Please also donít forget to take your reach into consideration, the guard has 0.[/spoiler]
You hit the chest pads head on, and the guard took it with a grunt, barely flinching.

[spoiler=Joelís Stunbolt]Resistance: WIL(3) + EDG(2) (5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=5), resisted
please roll for Drain[/spoiler]
Your magic seems to disperse around his mind, as he is absorbed in physical combat.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #271 on: <09-04-13/1449:48> »
Jade Shaw that her attack didn't do much, but another fist was already on it's way from the other way

[spoiler]
Die roll for Jade

Campaign: Gauntlet
Rolled on: Sept. 4, 2013, 11:57 a.m.

9d6.hits(5) → [4,5,2,5,4,6,3,3,6] = (4)
Agility 5 + unarmed 3 + reach 1 =9

[link to roll]
Finishing move attack
Agility 5 + unarmed 3 + reach 1 =9 (9d6.hits(5)=4)
DV: S/2 = 3 + 4 net hits + 1 DV from karate = 8S

@ren: my previous attack had 1 more DV as I have the +1 DV from karate
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #272 on: <09-04-13/1503:17> »
[spoiler]Resistance vs. 8S: BOD(4) + Impact(10) (14d6.hits(5)=4), damage taken: 4S[/spoiler]
Your concentrated assault knocked the guard to the ground. He was still groaning, but definitely out.

Adrenal levels still high, it just hits you what you have done. You attacked an officer of the Law. You crossed a line here, that very few people dare cross, setting you apart from most of the people you knew up till this moment. And another thought comes, unbidden, yet a welcome warning. You all saw movies, where SWAT units are sent in to deal with criminals. All of these depicted high-tech gadgets, tactical networks, and most importantly, biomonitors. Whoever sat in the command vehicle, they have surely noticed by now that one of their people was down. It was time to take left door, and run for it.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #273 on: <09-05-13/1320:25> »
Seizing the opportunity, Matt breaks into a run past the dazed and floored guard, trying to kick his rifle away from him as he passed by.
<<Drone Command>>//follow me//
Matt looks for the exit, and tries the door
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #274 on: <09-05-13/1427:54> »
The rifle was already out of the guard's hands, that seized once in a while when the remains of the electric current coursed through his body. It wasn't hard to kick it out of his reach. As Matt reached the door on the other end, he found it very slightly ajar, and noticed a small metal wedge that prevented it from closing. Opening this door would be a question of muscle strength, but looking at the troll and the dwarf, he didn't doubt that it would take only seconds.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #275 on: <09-07-13/0132:19> »
Leroy, in tow behind the others, looked at the expression on Matt's face, then to the door, and was instantly up to speed on the situation.

He sprinted to the front of the group and right up the door.  He brought one foot up towards the frame of the door and tried to peel back the door.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #276 on: <09-07-13/0343:23> »
"Here, I'll help," Jade said as she grabbed the door above the dwarf's level and pulled as well.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #277 on: <09-08-13/0034:04> »
Leroy and Miko began to move the door steadily, albeit with a monumental effort.  As soon as Leroy was able to, he slid his leg into the opening of the door, and then his hips, and then propped his back against the sliding door as he pushed away from the frame, extending the door away and opening it for the rest of his team with his body acting as a wedge.

[spoiler]INTESTINAL FORTITUDE TEST

BOD 4 + WIL 4 - Wounded 1 = 7 (4d6.hits(5)=2)

Woops, only rolled 4 dice.  Gonna roll the other 3 now...

Other half of previous roll for intestinal fortitude (3d6.hits(5)=1)

3 hits!

No glitches, Leroy does not shit himself while performing this grueling feat of strength!
[/spoiler]

"GO, GO, GO!  COME ON THROUGH!  AND I SWEAR IF ANY OF YOU MOTHAFUCKAS TEABAG ME ON YOUR WAY OUT..."
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #278 on: <09-08-13/0407:06> »
With your joint effort, the door opened within seconds, and you saw a sewer corridor, stretching north to south. There were no lights here, just what you brought with you, and what came from behind you, but that would disappear as soon an the door closed.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

MaxKojote

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 556
« Reply #279 on: <09-08-13/0804:04> »
Joel quickly bypassed the guard to keep up with  the group. His spell failing had startled him, causing a delayed reaction to the guard being knocked out. He was close behind the group and quickly moved past Jade and Leroy as they held open the door.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #280 on: <09-09-13/1104:02> »
Epilogue
Going under
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #281 on: <09-09-13/1104:26> »
Later you only remembered glimpses of the next few minutes. Fear gave wings to all of you, fear of being caught by Knight Errant units that were surely already on their way to help out their stunned comrade. You looked for the best opportunity, to put as many turns and as many meters between you and that accursed place as possible, but slowly, you got more confident that you lost whoever might have been following you, if there was anyone.

You stopped at one of the intersections, still somewhere under Bellevue, to catch your breath and decide what to do next. Lots of opportunities seemed to be opening up in front of you, at least compared to those in the Rider. The uplifting feeling of a semblance of freedom surged through you before thinking back at what happened, at what you have done, and suddenly, the future didnít seem so bright at all.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #282 on: <09-09-13/1631:12> »
"So what now," Jade asked, "as soon as we show outselves above, we will be arrested, if not simply shot down.  But from here it will be difficult to figure out who really did it."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #283 on: <09-11-13/0143:36> »
Leroy's chest burned.  He gasped for air, filling his lungs with the hot stink that was the sewer air. He leaned over, placing his hands on his knees trying to catch a breath.  Between gasps,

"To hell with.... with finding who did this now... now we need to... to lay low..."

He straightened up a bit, hands on his hips now.

"If no one's got a better idea... our best bet will be to head to the barrens and try to get our shit together there.  No one's gonna be lookin' for us out there."

The weight of the evidence inside the medkit taxed his shoulder mentally.

... but we can't take too long... I gotta find out what the hell that powdery shit was comin' out those people...

"Matt, can you pull up a road map to get us out there, no where in particular... shit man I dunno... maybe we can squat somewhere and keep on eye on the news to see where this is goin', ya know?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #284 on: <09-11-13/0413:40> »
The acrid smell of the sewers was catching in the back of Matt's throat, making him want to chuck his guts up.
Yeah, never thought I'd say hanging out in the barrens would be a good idea, but I agree.
Turn off your wireless on your commlinks as well guys, if they've got our names they've probably got our commcodes as well.
Leroy, I think to be safest, we're gonna have to do this the old fashioned way. We need to wait until dark, pop a manhole cover and move by night, see if we can pick up a disposable 'link from a vending machine or something and make some calls. see if we can get somewhere to lie low for a while. I need to track down my hardware before I leave the city, I've got some wheels too, but I think we really need to get the fuck out of here till things quiet down.

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor